190s to 160s Anyone???

Replies

• Started at a peak of 234 January 2011 and started MFP a few months ago. I've been sitting between 199-203 for a month and I finally took the scale away from myself for the month of August to stop focusing on number and focus on diet and workouts and how my body feels. My ultimate goal is about 160-165.

I'm 5'4". I don't know that I'd be in 160s by Christmas, it comes off pretty slowly for me because I'm not hardcore dieting, more changing my overall lifestyle, exercising and portions, I'm aiming for about 5lbs a month, I think I'd be closer to the 180 mark. I jog 3x a week for 30-40 min and I do yoga classes for 90 min 2x a week.

Anyone can feel free to add me, i'm always looking for good friends to motivate/help motivate me!
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    I'm 5ft 3 and weigh 190 at the moment, i don't have a specific goal weight but i assume it will be way under 160. I'm just see what i feel comfortable with. I'm mixing it up with dvd's ,running and loads of walking.
    Feel free to add me people.
  • Dovekat
    Dovekat Posts: 263 Member
    168lbs is my next target number (from 198 am 182 now) I have not weighed this since I was 18 (now 30) and it will be a huge accomplishment for me to see it again. I will be aiming lower and into a healthy BMI range for my height (5'4") from there but I am not sure how much yet. At first i though 126 but now I'm thinking that I will see how things go at 140 first. :smile:
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,852 Member
    I'm 5'5.5" started at 214, currently at 185.. Goal is 160.

Wooohooo!! 160 Buddy. lol. 10 more lbs and I will be 185 as well :happy:
  • I started at 189 and I'm currently 182, if I could get down to 147 eventually I'd be happy but I think 154 is more realistic. But I'm setting myself mini goels so I'd like to be 173 by the end of August, I'm 5f 5 by the way.

I used to be 121 when I was low carbing and weighing everything, I was totally obsessed and felt fatter than i do now, which I know sounds odd.

I mostly use the iphone ap but I'd love to add people as friends because there is no support on there. I'm counting cals and aiming to exercise 3 times per week,,,so if I sound like someone who might motivate you and you might motivate me add me :o)
  • Africansky11
    Africansky11 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi there

I'm very new to myfitnesspal but am really loving it.

I started my new lifestyle regime at 202 in Jan, am currently at 180 and my goal is to reach 167. At 5ft4, this will still mean that I have a bit of padding but at my age I'd rather have the padding and fewer wrinkles!

I was following a kilojoule restricted diet of 6500kj per day and am battling to convert my way of thinking to calouries especially when I'm cooking food at home as opposed to buying ready-made meals.

Reading the blogs and topics on the site have been inspiring.
  • unlocke
    unlocke Posts: 149
    My peak was 239 lbs. I'm down to just under 180, but still working my way down. It has taken me a long time with many ups & downs because of 3 knee surgeries, but I'm on the road to recovery.....slowly but surely. Since I have a desk job, I watch what I eat very carefully (most of the time). I study nutrition and health in my spare time just to be sure I'm doing it right.
    I also exercise when I can, doing what I can do to push past the physical limitations. I have a great support team in my husband and my kids.
    Knowing there's so many others who want to do this really helps to motivate me. Let's go!!!!!!
  • xYumzx
    xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
    I started at 195.5 im at 177 no if I could lose those 7lbs this month Id be sooooo Happpy!
  • skjerve12
    skjerve12 Posts: 40 Member
    I started at 198, now at 192....doing P90x and two and half weeks into the program. Please folks, feel free to add me, always looking for motivation and support.....oh and my goal is to get to 165....
  • I started out two years ago at 235. I'm 5'6" and I currently weigh 176 lbs... my ultimate goal is somewhere between 145 and 150, although I would really be happy at 160. I like food too much to be anything less than that. :P

I aim to work out at least 5 times a week, doing about 60 mins of cardio and burning 600-700 cals (according to my HRM). I also do some work with free weights about 2-3 times per week. I aim to eat about 1600-1800 cals per day. My weight has been slow to come off - I'm a college student so my weekends can be disastrous for my weight loss, but I don't let it bother me too much... I find that taking the weight off slowly is better for keeping it off! I haven't gained more than a couple pounds back throughout my journey and I've always lost it again!
  • CDG1013
    CDG1013 Posts: 106 Member
    I started MFP in Mar 2011 at 202 lb. By September 2011, I hit my lowest weight of 168, but put weight back on as I finished school and suffered back and joint pain problems. So, about 5 weeks ago I started to focus again on using MFP and working out since I graduated from school (no more late nights studying fueled by sweets and caffeine) and the pain in my joints is under control. So, 5 weeks ago I was 192 pounds and am now at 186. My ultimate goal is to get to 165 by the end of the year, with my goal for Aug to be at 179.
  • Krystal7786
    Krystal7786 Posts: 103 Member
    5'1'' CW 183 goal by xmas is 140lbs its steep but i think i can!!
  • I started out at 206 last July and as of today have lost 67 lbs. My profile pic is my new before/after pic. My original goal was 140 and when I reached it I just thought, what the heck, gonna shoot for 135! I have 3 lbs to go. I never thought I would get this low. I also went from a size 20 pants size to a size 8. This is my lowest weight in over 20 years! It can be done! Just take it 1 day at a time!

CONGRATS!!! You look awesome!!
  • Curvimami
    5'1'' CW 183 goal by xmas is 140lbs its steep but i think i can!!

Thats about 10lbs a month. With alot of hard work and clean eating, that is definitely doable :-)
  • Curvimami
    I started at 198, now at 192....doing P90x and two and half weeks into the program. Please folks, feel free to add me, always looking for motivation and support.....oh and my goal is to get to 165....

Yaaay! My other weight loss twin :-)
  • I started last week at 195 and lost 3 lbs the first week. Mostly water weight I'm sure, but a great motivator!!
    I want to get down to 140and that feels impossible! but 160s by Chrisatmas sounds do-able!
    My first goal is 10 lbs and I will treat myself to a new digital scale :happy:
  • Curvimami
    I started last week at 195 and lost 3 lbs the first week. Mostly water weight I'm sure, but a great motivator!!
    I want to get down to 140and that feels impossible! but 160s by Chrisatmas sounds do-able!

I need a digital scale as well. I wonder how much they cost. A good on at least
  • Curvimami
    I started at 195.5 im at 177 no if I could lose those 7lbs this month Id be sooooo Happpy!

Ummm, You have a great Bum. lol. I need to do some more squats and perhaps one day mine can look like yours, Can't wait til Im 177! thanx for posting
  • I started last week at 195 and lost 3 lbs the first week. Mostly water weight I'm sure, but a great motivator!!

I got a basic one at Walmart for $17.98. I found I could lose 10 pounds by switching from my right foot to my left foot on my old scale so I went ahead and got a new one.
    And well worth the $ too. After seeing the added weight put on after a cheat day I have been very careful to not do it again!
  • Curvimami
    I started last week at 195 and lost 3 lbs the first week. Mostly water weight I'm sure, but a great motivator!!

I got a basic one at Walmart for $17.98. I found I could lose 10 pounds by switching from my right foot to my left foot on my old scale so I went ahead and got a new one.
    And well worth the $ too. After seeing the added weight put on after a cheat day I have been very careful to not do it again!

Thats a good point! I definetly think I need a new scale. I can lose or gain a good amount of weight just by leaning to the left or right even slightly.lol