Cereal as a snack

FitJoani
FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
I am on quests to find new things to cnack on that are in the "normal" food category, meaning none of these goofy diet cookies or low carb fad things. I do like 100 calorie packs, mainly cause they are the real food, just smaller more adult portions ready to go, no measuring. But I did find a great new munchy.
I am a huge fan of cereal. I can eat it almost all the time(that and sushi) but I figured if I eat a cereal that tastes fine without milk like shredded wheats, kix of almost any cereal for that matter I take the portion and eat it as a snack. I try to avoid the sugar laden ones and look for whole grains and natural more grown up cereals. But I am greatful that either MFP or some wonderful person put in the cereal I just got. Its a kids cereal but low in sugar. Its a peanut butter organic cereal..so to all peanut butter addicts you wqould LOVE it!!!! Plus its not too sweet!!!(7g sugar) but enough yammering about cereal, but it is a wonderful snack!!!!

Replies

• FitJoani
    I am on quests to find new things to cnack on that are in the "normal" food category, meaning none of these goofy diet cookies or low carb fad things. I do like 100 calorie packs, mainly cause they are the real food, just smaller more adult portions ready to go, no measuring. But I did find a great new munchy.
    I am a huge fan of cereal. I can eat it almost all the time(that and sushi) but I figured if I eat a cereal that tastes fine without milk like shredded wheats, kix of almost any cereal for that matter I take the portion and eat it as a snack. I try to avoid the sugar laden ones and look for whole grains and natural more grown up cereals. But I am greatful that either MFP or some wonderful person put in the cereal I just got. Its a kids cereal but low in sugar. Its a peanut butter organic cereal..so to all peanut butter addicts you wqould LOVE it!!!! Plus its not too sweet!!!(7g sugar) but enough yammering about cereal, but it is a wonderful snack!!!!
  • opatt23
    opatt23 Posts: 90
    Lol...you had me at peanut butter....what's the calories per serving?
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    I love my Quaker corn bran cereal as a snack without milk.
    I think it has 120cal per 1 cup serving and has 4 or 5 grams of fiber per serving.

It's got a nice crunch!
  • lilmandy89
    lilmandy89 Posts: 323 Member
    I always have cereal as a snack, its usually pretty filling for not to many calories depending on the type of cereal you eat
  • FitJoani
    Lol...you had me at peanut butter....what's the calories per serving?
    130 for 3/4 cup
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    LOVE cereal as well
    Might be too sweet for your taste, but I like FiberOne Raisin cluster and cinn. delight...
    I think they are about 180cals for 1 cup...I eat them dry from a cup :)

Kim