USWNT - SOCCER

MellowGa
MellowGa Posts: 1,305 Member
Alex Morgan....I love you! Georgous and one heck of a play maker....

Kudo's to the ladies kicking butt~ Now go get that gold!

Replies

• cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    It was a good game to watch, some stupid calls on Canada by the refs though. Canada played well, gave the US a run for that win.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    what a fantastic win...and the refs missed calls on Canada as well so it all evens out.

USA is going to go hard at Japan after losing to them in the womens world cup last time. 3-0 USA!
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    It was a great game that will do wonders for the women's game. Congratulations to the USA team.

Unfortunately the quality of the officiating failed to match the quality of play.
  • couponfun
    couponfun Posts: 714 Member
    Awesome job...especially nice seeing 2 Gators on that team - Abby and Heather Mitts :smile:
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,841 Member
    Terrible referee, missed lots of calls and made a mash up of it, and I am not biased as not American or Canadian.

I think its a pity that women's football is not taken more seriously on this side of the pond, as obvious by the half empty Old Trafford. I once took my son to see an international game between England and Denmark, it was almost empty other than children with their Mum's, and we all got free tickets, it is never shown on TV and is treated as very much second class here, and yet the Women's team play better than the men do! I think it's a shame, but even I find it a struggle to get my head round women playing football...seems so weird
  • BillyC96
    Kudo's to the ladies kicking butt~

Beating a team you were supposed to beat easily by one goal in injury time after extra time is not 'kicking butt' btw.:tongue::smile:
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    what a fantastic win...and the refs missed calls on Canada as well so it all evens out.

USA is going to go hard at Japan after losing to them in the womens world cup last time. 3-0 USA!

evens out? that was a horrible call that's never made especially in a high profile international match. unbelievable that the ref would insert themself into the outcome of the game like that.
  • Laces_0ut

evens out? that was a horrible call that's never made especially in a high profile international match. unbelievable that the ref would insert themself into the outcome of the game like that.

the US was the better team. penalty calls or not.

Way to go girls! Gold medal!!!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member

^THIS^
  • Laces_0ut
    and that gold puts the US back on top over China!

USA USA USA!!!
  • karenjoy
    As an English woman, I have to say, should have been Canada in that game, they was ROBBED
  • BillyC96
    It's tainted. Enjoy!
  • Strobins05
    Strobins05 Posts: 716

Totally agree. That game against Canada was AWESOME! Canada played great, US was just better. Gold Medal USA!!
  • bigd65
    bigd65 Posts: 171 Member
    Fantastic game these girls played their *kitten* off and as mentioned earlier Alex Morgan is awesome, What speed that girl has, One of the best games I have seen in a long time. Hats off to Japan to they never quit!
  • Laces_0ut
    It's tainted. Enjoy!

your tears are salty and sweet.

keep working hard maybe some day your girls can step up and win a big one! :)
  • karenjoy

Totally agree. That game against Canada was AWESOME! Canada played great, US was just better. Gold Medal USA!!

US was not better, the Ref was rubbish
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member

if the ref doesn't give the USA that gift free kick then Canada wins.
  • Laces_0ut

the ref missed crucial fouls on canada that were not called and the US could have still scored if that penalty wasnt called.

and both teams had an equal chance to win in the extra time. the US stepped up...canada did not.
  • Strobins05
    Strobins05 Posts: 716

the ref missed crucial fouls on canada that were not called and the US could have still scored if that penalty wasnt called.

and both teams had an equal chance to win in the extra time. the US stepped up...canada did not.

BAM!!!!
  • BillyC96
    It's tainted. Enjoy!

your tears are salty and sweet.

keep working hard maybe some day your girls can step up and win a big one! :)

And I hope we do it without help. It will be so much sweeter that way.