How long did you wait...

Marcillene
Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
How long did you wait to conceive baby number 2, on purpose or on accident? And how did it effect your weight? As in, did you loose all your baby weight by the time you got pregnant again, and did you gain less or more weight with baby #2.

Replies

• Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    well all 3 of my kids were not planned, they are all 3-3.5 years apart. They didnt effect my weight, because I was already fat and im a dude
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Uh
    I found out on daughters first birthday.

I had gained about 60lbs with her. So yeah..... I still had most of that.
    But with my son I gained just enough. I was very careful about eating and whatnot.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    still waiting
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    well all 3 of my kids were not planned, they are all 3-3.5 years apart. They didnt effect my weight, because I was already fat and im a dude
    A lot of guys gain weight too, following along with the woman's cravings. You never know.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,940 Member

You might think they were unplanned. No one gets pregnant 3 times without planning to. Unless they were three different women, I think you are naive.
  • LizHowerton
    LizHowerton Posts: 329 Member
    First one January 1990
    Second one February 1991
    Third one July 1993

Second and third were not planned.
    Between first and second didn't lose much baby weight
    Between second and third lost all of the baby weight

After third lost most of the baby weight in about year/year and a half.

Gained the most with the third baby.
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Uh
    I found out on daughters first birthday.

I had gained about 60lbs with her. So yeah..... I still had most of that.
    But with my son I gained just enough. I was very careful about eating and whatnot.

I gained 65 w/ my son. He is 15 months now, and the hubby is talking another? The thought is exciting somewhat but we are nowhere near financialloy ready for another. And I want to be in better shape and be more careful and not gain as much.

how much did you gain with number 2?
  • Oneday150
    Oneday150 Posts: 240 Member

You might think they were unplanned. No one gets pregnant 3 times without planning to. Unless they were three different women, I think you are naive.

That is very true...
    I have a 3 yrs old ( Will be 4 in Nov.) and I have been very carefull to avoid having another. I do consider having another one but I guess I am afraid of the huge age gap. If I tried for next year then it would be 5 yrs difference.

And I gained 48 pounds. Went from 177 to 225
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    After my older son's first birthday we started trying again. I gained 40 lbs with my first pregnancy and had lost about 30 before we started trying for our second child. With my second son I gained 18 lbs. I lost all 18 lbs and then some by the time my second son was 9 months. My problem was after I stopped breast feeding my second son, I put back on 7 or 8 lbs. I'm now close to what I was prepregnancy with my first and he's just over 5 years old.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Oldest was 2 yrs 7 months when #2 was conceived. I had lost down to my pre baby weight but had gained 10 back. Gained slightly less but still a lot! Almost 50 pounds, I had blood pressure issues and swelled a lot with both pregnancies. I've been up amd down a couple of times since then, but am currently right at my pre-pg weight. My youngest is 8, so it definitely wasn't baby weight when i started here :tongue:
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member

I beg to disagree
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Found out I was pregnant with our 2nd baby when my son was about 14 months old, was not planned. After my daughter was born I developed huge chocolate cravings, even though I never really liked chocolate before. So I think that contributed to why the weight was harder to come off after the 2nd baby. I've been at pre-pregnancy weight for a long time now (my daughter is 2.5 years old) but my body isn't the same as it was before kids. Thats what I'm working on now.

eta: just realized I didn't answer any of your questions lol. All the weight was already gone from #1 when I found out I was pregnant with #2. I gained the same amount with both (around 25-28 lbs).
  • KellyR72
    KellyR72 Posts: 51 Member
    Baby 1 I gained 65 pounds
    4 years later Baby 2 & 3 (twins) I had not lost all the weight and gained 40 pounds
    2 years later Baby 4 Still had extra 60 pounds from where I initially started, but gained only 20 pounds
    And now 4 years later about 25 pounds away from pre-pregnancy weight!
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    I'm a stud. I made 2 babies at once to save time. Wife thanked me for being so awesome.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    My second was planned...he was born when my first was 2yrs 9 mo. I lost all my weight after each pregnancy with no problem as breastfeeding melts the pounds right off. I swore I wouldn't gain as much with my second and third pregnancies as I did with my first, but I ended up gaining most with my third. With the first two, I gained 43lbs, 46 lbs with the third.
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    I waited over 5 years becuase ..well, I thought it might be better to be married the next time around :tongue:

I was in fantastic shape when I got pregnant with #2 and ended up gaining 70 pounds!

ETA, yes she was 100% planned
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    My daughter (oldest) was a surprise - gained 95lbs with her! Lost all but 30. My son was planned (they are almost 5 yrs apart) - gained about 50 lbs with him. I'm still working on losing that and he's 4!
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    My son was 2. I had only been trying to lose weight for a little while and only dropped about 40lbs by the time I found out I was pregnant (starting weight at 304lbs). My daughter was not really planned, but not unplanned... we didn't actively prevent. I gained a total of 3lbs through the entire pregnancy which was good considering I was already Obese to begin with and was only supposed to gain between 0-15lbs.
  • Amryfal
    Amryfal Posts: 225

I beg to disagree

lol i kinda gotta disagree too. all three of mine were unplanned, and i'm a woman, and i was married at the time. i had issues with various forms of hormonal birth control and switched between several methods, and some were...less effective than others.

ETA: i gained a ton of weight with all of mine. lost most of it between the second and third. but i was heavy to begin with so i never got "back to skinny." heh.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Currently 7.5 years. Looks like it will be at least one more. I lost my baby weight then gained a ton more. I was hoping to get to my prepregnancy weight before trying but I dont think that will happen.