YOGA for tone and stretch ot weight loss??

Options
thats supposed to say NOT weight loss... I cant work out how to change it now :grumble:
Hi
I'm looking for a good yoga dvd for toning and stretch not a mad fat burner, I am currently doing 30 day shred so i'm looking to add something more gentle just to increase my flexabilty etc
any ideas??
Thank
Jo

Replies

• lilgemforgets
    Options
    I did the Yoga dvd by Geri Halliwell. Was actually quite good, but i gave up as i didnt find it intensive enough, i hate to sit still!!! Probably why i am so unflexible though!
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I recently herniated a disc & I have bad hips. I read yoga was good for helping in tje healing of disc so I found one specific to low back & hip on Amazon. It is called Viniyoga Therapy for low back, sacram & hips..it has helped me a lot & is mostly stretching.

I also have a yoga / pilates DVD by Denise Austin. Its good for stretching but honeslty her voice & talking through it almost makes it inbearable.
  • rjsimpson2002
    rjsimpson2002 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I've just started the 30DS and I am planning on doing yoga in the evenings to help recover a bit. I've got the 10 minute yoga workout book by Barbara Currie but I haven't got very far with it as yet so might check out what's on you tube instead. I think I like having the DVD to tell you not to give up and keep going!! Does anyone know of any yoga vids which have nagging / encouragement built in??
  • quietattheback
    quietattheback Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've just started the 30DS and I am planning on doing yoga in the evenings to help recover a bit. I've got the 10 minute yoga workout book by Barbara Currie but I haven't got very far with it as yet so might check out what's on you tube instead. I think I like having the DVD to tell you not to give up and keep going!! Does anyone know of any yoga vids which have nagging / encouragement built in??
    i'm loving the 30 day shred although i am hurting so bad right now :-)
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options
    Are you a beginner or experienced? Hands down my favorite for stretching is Rodney Yee's AM Yoga DVD. It has five ~20-minute practices, each with a different focus. For toning, with a little flexibility thrown in, Yoga Live's Total Body Toning and Flexibility is really good. The Yoga Live series is one of my favorites, and several of the DVDs are still available on Amazon. The series is produced by Russell Simmons so the soundtrack has a hip-hop flavor, which I really like though others may think it's not relaxing enough. Both of these DVDs are more suited for someone familiar with yoga.
  • rjsimpson2002
    Options
    I found this on you tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C639ArXu1iw which is Beginning Yoga for Stretch and Strength by Vicki Forman. Has anyone tried it? I might give it a go in a bit - I think I definitely need to be on beginner level.
  • rjsimpson2002
    Options
    I tried the Vicki Forman stretch and strength yoga last night (vid on you tube) - really helped with sore shoulders and thighs. I would definitely recommend doing yoga along with the 30 day shred :-)

I am going to do day 2 in a few minutes - just psyching myself up ...