What has been your most proud workout moment?

The other night I really pushed myself and ran 1 mile in 11mins20secs! It really felt good, it did however take me a min to catch my breath but I was able to finish out the rest of my time on the treadmil!

So whats your moment?:huh:

Replies

• courtneycatt
    courtneycatt Posts: 25 Member
    The other night I really pushed myself and ran 1 mile in 11mins20secs! It really felt good, it did however take me a min to catch my breath but I was able to finish out the rest of my time on the treadmil!

So whats your moment?:huh:
  • Two hours of hot yoga (room is 40 C). Very sick afterwards. Maybe not such a "proud" moment (I'm not convinced it's healthy at all) but I was proud that I at least got through it.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    In spin class, a really buff-looking, cocky-acting guy was on the bike next to me, and clearly didn't know how to set it up. I helped him set it up, and mentioned that if it was his first class, He should not go too heavy on the resistance, etc. He was incredibly condescending, in fact downright rude.

He gave up and left a sweaty, panting mess after 20 minutes, while I finished my 60 minute spin class easily. Not bad for a former fat girl! It was a true "my body is different now" exciting moment.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Was able to get through Tae Bo and ran for about 20 minutes straight and my asthma did not slow me down.:happy:
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Got my mountain bike out of mothballs and rode the hills for an hour and a half. Final reward is that I made it up my hill ( 2 streets - very steep)!!!
  • verbifyvenus
    verbifyvenus Posts: 175 Member
    I was able to push myself to run roughly 4.6 miles in roughly 1 hour. Up some very steep hills at that! I got some major blisters which prompted immediate shopping action of new shoes and socks. haha
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Any day I can do it all. :bigsmile:
    :flowerforyou:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    For the first time since I was 25 years old, I ran for 20 straight minutes, I'm down to 8.5 minute miles.
    I'm setting a goal to run the 2009 Boston Marathon. not enough prep time for 2008, but I used to run 15K's when I was younger all the time, never did the marathon, but always wanted to.
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Wow... I better step it up... The last two weeks have been challenging. the family was sick and then I was sick so walking with weights is the best that I have done.

I'm dying to get back out on the roads running. We may do a Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning. We'll see how it goes...

Good job everyone... Keep doing what you're doing b/c it is truly inspiring!!!
    Angela :flowerforyou:
  • Nevada
    Nevada Posts: 140 Member
    After six weeks of one hour daily walks, I tried jogging one block. Two more weeks, and I am now jogging three of the blocks. I thought with my creaky knees I would never do any more running. Probably helps that I am carrying less weight now.

Just work up slowly.