What am I doing wrong? Check my diary

I eat right. I eat well and feel satisfied. But lately I have been going over my macros sugar mostly. What ratio should I follow. I'm just trying to make it work, but I don't see any major changes. I started tjis journey on July 23 and although I don't see it, I've been told I look slimmer, but my clothes and the scale don't show it. Check my diary and siggest any changes if necessary?

Thank you soooo much :)

Replies

• You arent eating enough food. Your body will not shed weight when u r starving it. I am sure u already know this, right? You need to eat 1200 daily. Also not sure why you have your sodium set so low.
  • head_in_rainbows
    head_in_rainbows Posts: 290 Member
    I would guess that it is because of all the poceeded food. Try to cook yourself and than compare. Ready made foods tend to have crazy ammonght of salt and sugar.
  • head_in_rainbows
    head_in_rainbows Posts: 290 Member
    You arent eating enough food. Your body will not shed weight when u r starving it. I am sure u already know this, right? You need to eat 1200 daily. Also not sure why you have your sodium set so low.

Couldn't agree more btw
  • ZyheeMoongazer
    ZyheeMoongazer Posts: 343 Member
    Eat more.
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    I took a look at your diary and the thing that stands out the most is that you are not eating enough. Check out the link below. It should be required reading for all newbies. It will help you understand how to set your calorie goals. Too little calories cause the body to hold on to what fat you have.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • xoxo2200
    xoxo2200 Posts: 57
    I eat just about 1200 calories a day of which I need to stay within the carbs, fats and proteins percentage range. If I force myself to eat more then I go over my daily calories as well as the fats, protein and carbs.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Wow, that fat level is low. That might be working against you a bit. imo only.
  • xoxo2200
    All my meals are cooked at home abd low sodium because I am retaijing a lot of water
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    It looks like you are not eating enough. I would suggest changing your weight loss goals to lose 1 pound per week instead of 2. You'll most likely find you'll lose that 2 pounds a week anyways once you start eating more food and incorporating some workouts.

It's also more important to make sure you are meeting your calorie requirements than the macros at this point. It's okay to go over on protein and healthy fats as long as you are meeting your calorie goals. I try to aim for 40% carbs/30% protein/30% fats (you can manually change this under the settings).
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    What's your objective? Because if it is to lose a LOT of muscle mass and mess up your metabolism by living on 800/900 calories per day, you are doing great!
    Eat more, maybe that will help....
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Also, what's your water intake like? You mentioned you are cutting your sodium to help with bloating, however, it would be better if you drank at least 8 cups of water per day instead of cutting back the sodium so low. This will help with the bloating and flush your system out.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    I eat just about 1200 calories a day of which I need to stay within the carbs, fats and proteins percentage range. If I force myself to eat more then I go over my daily calories as well as the fats, protein and carbs.

Then re-calculate it all. Undereating isn't going to help you lose weight long-term.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    I agree with the others that you really should try to eat more. If you go over on your calories, just add in some extra cardio to make up the difference.

It was kind of funny yesterday, my husband realized that he was way over on his calories for the day, so at 8pm he grabs his bicycle and rides as hard as he can for 40 minutes to try to get his calories down within range. For a guy his size, he can sure burn a lot of calories in a short amount of time! The smaller you are the harder it is to burn a lot of calories quickly.

So plan to eat your 1200, and then allow yourself to go over by 100 calories or so. Then, if you exercise enough to be under for the day again, then have just a little more to make up the difference.

I fill out my food diary the night before, and then make changes through the day as my plans change. It is easier to stay on target when you don't have to worry about staying on target. I just look at my plan and eat what I've already planned out.
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    You are almost every day over on carbs and a lot under on your protein, you are also not eating enough as all the posters before me said and yes you will mess up your metabolism with eating to little and set yourself up for failure. Read the post from the someone above me... it works there enough success stories on here to prove it. Also I didn't see any exercises on here? Just not doing any or not logging? trust MPF they know
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    I'm not sure who advised you too set your macro how you have it but that'sone of your problems right there. it should be some where along the lines of 40-30-30% carb-protein-fat (mine are set 40-35-25). Also I am all for a low sodium diet as I have hypertension, but you really should consult a doctor before lowering out that low, not even my doctor recommends that to me. And lastly you are eating the right types of foods, you just aren't getting the amount of calories your body needs. Check your bmr, it needs to be above that number.
  • xoxo2200
    Thanks everyone. I'll try to eat more and will change the macros
  • islandmonkey
    islandmonkey Posts: 546 Member
    Weren't you the person trying to lose 15-20 lbs in 3 weeks?
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/692065-check-out-my-diary-should-i-worry

Are you still trying to do that? Because it's insanely unhealthy - you are not eating enough food.
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    You've had some good advice already, but I'd add this:
    1. Invest in a good bathroom scale. When I began dieting I had a cheap scale and it was giving me a lot of inaccurate readings.
    2. Invest in a good kitchen scale. Weigh and measure everything so you aren't deceiving yourself about how much you are eating.

Good luck, don't give up!