Agree or disagree?

2»

Replies

• CaseyP1207
    CaseyP1207 Posts: 148 Member
    MAN'S PERSPECTIVE:

I LOVE a girl in yoga pants, pony tail and a hoodie. HOWEVER, I also like it when she can look stunning in a dress, rock some jeans. Diversity is good!

Like my homegirl DaniD said: DO YOU!
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    I think she was being sarcastic.

this is the post

People are so RUDE!!

Right, I was reading it. I don't think she was being serious in the part you focused on.

she starts out saying shes doing 3 mph so she doesn't mess up her hair or make up. but, like i siad, if it works for her, then awesome. but lumping all women in by saying "girls should always look good" do you agree that you shouldnt sweat at the gym to in order to always look good, or that you're at the gym, you're gonna sweat. all i'm asking

No I agree with you, but the OP in People are so RUDE was saying she was walking slow because she didn't want to mess her hair up for a date with her husband. I don't think she really thinks that girls aren't supposed to sweat.
  • AliDarling
    AliDarling Posts: 373
    If I go to the gym and don't come out looking like a sweaty ratty mess, I clearly was wasting my time. I don't go to workout lightly to keep my make up all pretty and little up do all tidy while doing bicep curls with 2 lb weights and doing slow mo cardio. I'm there to get it done.

i agree 100%
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    it's TRUE..people really DO reply to threads like this.
  • AliDarling
    MAN'S PERSPECTIVE:

I LOVE a girl in yoga pants, pony tail and a hoodie. HOWEVER, I also like it when she can look stunning in a dress, rock some jeans. Diversity is good!

like I replied to your homegirl, my feelings are in the post.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member

Homies 4L!
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    MAN'S PERSPECTIVE:

I wasn't asking "do you?" I was saying "Do you!" like.. be yourself.. hehehe too funny.
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    I very rarely look "put together". It makes the moments when I do get myself all put-together really stand out as something special. Otherwise, if I looked put-together all the time, I would never have stand-out moments. That's just the way I see it. Besides which, I enjoy wearing more casual clothes, they're much more comfy to me. I also enjoy working up a good sweat and would prefer for people to view me as a tough chick than a girly girl.
  • likearadiowave
    likearadiowave Posts: 445 Member
    "Girls are suppose to always look nice and put together :)"

I don't mean for this to be offensive in any way. Everyone has the right to their opinions, and well, if it works for her, and it does, then right on and more power to ya.

I just read a post in which the lady posting made this statement. the full statement was "Not me!! I hate getting sweaty!! Girls are suppose to always look nice and put together :) "

It was about a lady being rude to her at the gym, and while I agree that it's no ones business what you do at the gym, I can't agree with girls always having to look nice, espically at the gym. At the gym, you'r e usualy there for a hard workout, and for me, getting sweaty to the point of my clothes sticking to me and my hair wet was proof that I was doing something right. That I earned the burned calories, that I pushed as hard as I could.

I agree that we, men and women, should all look our best when at work or, ya know going out on a nice date, but at the gym? In my opinion, it's to hell with nice hair and make up, bring on the sweat.

What's your opinion? Are "Girls are suppose to always look nice and put together" Or have we earned the right to sweat at the gym?

hah.

Well, sweating is a human function. It's only society's issues that have defined it as "gross". So, maybe if we can get over that, we'll be better off.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to turn off my body's sweat glands. And while people have the right to look however they wish, I find it odd that some people hold the opinion that "eww! women are human and sweat? that's nasty" ....

I guess that's what deodorant is for.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    I don't care how anyone else looks. I, however, am a hot mess at the gym. Totally on purpose because I don't want anyone talking to me...I am there to sweat, not have social hour.

Whoot Whoot!! Thumbs Up!! :smile:
  • CaseyP1207
    MAN'S PERSPECTIVE:

I wasn't asking "do you?" I was saying "Do you!" like.. be yourself.. hehehe too funny.
    Read this crazy's profile! You'll get where all this anger and hostility is coming from. She needs some meds fo sho!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    i think i look good sweaty :D
  • superjae5
    superjae5 Posts: 64 Member
    This post reminded me of this comic. Warning for the sensitive, some language: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/gym
  • CaseyP1207
    i think i look good sweaty :D
    I've seen your videos on youtube....you do!
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    I think its hilarious how much time women spend on *****ing about, judging and degrading other womens appearances while wanting total acceptance on their own appearance and choices they make about it. I know it's kind of a cultural thing but seriously...in the gym? Don't we have something better to do there then worry about some superficial choices made by strangers?

I receive so many dirty looks from women for no other reason then that I have a cute fitted workout outfit on and or make up on at the gym. SO CHILDISH. I don't stare daggers at you for your attire or appearance, even if I think you look unattractive or stupid or whatever. I feel sorry for women who do this because they most likely either have anger issues or lack self esteem.

As much as I hate the phrase I have to agree...do you.
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    I'd much rather see a sweaty, disheveled girl working hard at the gym than one looking pretty and barely moving on the elliptical. I don't really see any reason for there to be a difference between the sexes, here. I know my hair is all over the place (standing straight up when I'm running, most likely) but really don't care.
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Personally, i don't see the point in looking " put together"
    I figure you only need to dress up if u want to attract a mate. As i'm not doing that, as long as i don't smell too bad, no one should give a monkeys *kitten* what i'm wearing.
    Besides even if i put on makeup and did the hair crap, i'd still be ugly. So theres much better things i could do with that time.
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    She should not be worried about how other people look. That is their life and their business.

And if you look "pretty and put together" at the gym, then you are doing it wrong.
  • Nixenne
    Nixenne Posts: 37 Member
    I think she was being sarcastic.

this is the post

People are so RUDE!!

Right, I was reading it. I don't think she was being serious in the part you focused on.

she starts out saying shes doing 3 mph so she doesn't mess up her hair or make up. but, like i siad, if it works for her, then awesome. but lumping all women in by saying "girls should always look good" do you agree that you shouldnt sweat at the gym to in order to always look good, or that you're at the gym, you're gonna sweat. all i'm asking

No I agree with you, but the OP in People are so RUDE was saying she was walking slow because she didn't want to mess her hair up for a date with her husband. I don't think she really thinks that girls aren't supposed to sweat.

She was trolling. The thread has since been deleted. ;)

But on topic...I only EVER look "nice and put together" when I'm going out for dinner or have an important meeting/interview/appointment, which isn't often. The rest of the time, I really don't care. My boyfriend finds me attractive regardless, so I'd rather expend energy on more important things.
  • AliDarling
    MAN'S PERSPECTIVE:

Read this crazy's profile! You'll get where all this anger and hostility is coming from. She needs some meds fo sho!

so im crazy, angry, hostile, and need meds? what a trolls prespective.