2012 52 5/7 Challenge

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Way to gooooo Ivy!!
    Heather, that would be AWESOME if Blake would have that routine!! Good job for NOT going back to sleep too!

My 3/7 was a 5 mile run/walk intervals in the a.m (it was hot & muggy) and tonite I & the furries did a 3 mile speedwalk!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    hey... here to report I am 3/7 for the week! Monday I did my weight training with Chalene and then also went on a 2 mile walk. I used the new phone and a "mapmywalk" app and it was pretty neat how it told me how fast I was walking , and showed updated gps.... the only thing I hate about it... is I can't acess groups from the phone... that was one of the main reasons I anted a new phone..to keep track better with you ladies. Yesterday y body was so stiff and sore I veered off schedule and did my yogini workout and it seemed to help I feel better today. today is a scheduled rest day.. we will see.. I might add some laps... I really want to try to get 5 days of cardio in...

Hey Ivy.. great job with that walk yesteday.. that is a great speed!
    Heather.. so happy to hear BLake is settling in a schedule.. Yippee!!!!!!
    Verda.. great milage.. 8 miles total in one day! Fantastic!!!

I have a baby shower to attend this Saturday ..so I better get back to getting the gift finished! Sometimes I wish I would just purchase a gift and be done with it.. but I just can't... :bigsmile: I am so behind though on all that I want to get accomplished.. I am secretly wishing for winter... haha
  • vhuber
    hey... here to report I am 3/7 for the week! Monday I did my weight training with Chalene and then also went on a 2 mile walk. I used the new phone and a "mapmywalk" app and it was pretty neat how it told me how fast I was walking , and showed updated gps.... the only thing I hate about it... is I can't acess groups from the phone... that was one of the main reasons I anted a new phone..to keep track better with you ladies. Yesterday y body was so stiff and sore I veered off schedule and did my yogini workout and it seemed to help I feel better today. today is a scheduled rest day.. we will see.. I might add some laps... I really want to try to get 5 days of cardio in...

Hey Ivy.. great job with that walk yesteday.. that is a great speed!
    Heather.. so happy to hear BLake is settling in a schedule.. Yippee!!!!!!
    Verda.. great milage.. 8 miles total in one day! Fantastic!!!

I have a baby shower to attend this Saturday ..so I better get back to getting the gift finished! Sometimes I wish I would just purchase a gift and be done with it.. but I just can't... :bigsmile: I am so behind though on all that I want to get accomplished.. I am secretly wishing for winter... haha
    NO-NO-NO!!!! Do NOT say winter! I get SAD so badly in the winter that the doc even suggested using a tanning bed!
    If I could sew like you, I'd never buy a gift either! You are AWESOME!!!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Thanks Debra!

4/7 15 leslie and 20 min walking
  • vhuber
    Weare still rolling Ivy!!

4/7 was biking 20 miles, 2 back to back JMBR workouts and a fast 2 mile walk with furries tonite. I also did a good deed and gave my fit blood to someone in need!:wink:
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Glad to see everyone is having a fantastic fitness week! I am at 3/7 last night with a training run with my running group. I don't like how they divided the groups up, so I'm probably going to bail on my group and join a slightly faster one. The put everyone who runs a 10-15 minute mile in one group, and there is a big difference between someone running a 10 min mile pace and another person running a 15 min mile pace. We were supposed to run intervals, but another girl and I took off from our group and just ran the 2.5 miles since we didn't have a leader with us to time our intervals. Overall it was still fun, though I forgot my headphones so I had to talk to the other (very nice) lady the whole time! :wink:

No workout this morning, doubt I'll have time to get anything in tonight, maybe just some yoga. And for those of you following the SI joint saga, turns out its NOT my SIJ. Every time I have pain in the posterior hip I think its SIJ pain, but I had my colleague check me out and based upon his exam he's pretty certain that I have a radiculitis, which is basically just a nerve root irritation from a bulging disc. I'll have to do a few sessions of PT, but the good news is that my running is not hurting anything. He really thinks that my overall problem is ligamentous laxity--I'm one of those peopel who are referred to as "doubel jointed" but it really just means my collagen has a slightly different makeup and makes me injury prone. Oh goody! At least it's not just because I'm getting old! I am soooo lucky to have a sports med doc to see me whenever I want!

Have a great day--almost to the weekend!!!!
  • vhuber
    Heather, I LOL with the having to vist while jogging! (even if she is nice!) That is interesting what your sports dr told you, I sure hope you can get back to where you were before all this started!

I am 5/7 with a 2.5 mile walk with the furries this morning. It was a cool morning but after giving blood yesterday, doing my intense workout this week plus having my TOM I felt ILL. Sick to my stomach and EXTREMELY tired. I am calling that good for today and heading to our cabin till Sunday. We are finished harvesting our crop so now maybe my husband can relax a little!!!
  • ivykivy
    5/7 walking 3 miles

Heather glad it wasn't your SIJ.

Verda thanks and :drinker: here's to your good deed. How long does it take you to bike 20 miles?
  • vhuber
    5/7 walking 3 miles

Heather glad it wasn't your SIJ.

Verda thanks and :drinker: here's to your good deed. How long does it take you to bike 20 miles?

I can usually ride 20 miles in 95 minutes. That is covering one mile in 4.75 minutes,so my husband figured I cruise 12.63 mile per hour. I am told that's pretty good!:wink: I ride a mountain bike which is slower than a the touring bike you see people riding out on the hiways!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Happy Saturday everyone! Way to get the workouts in this week ladies! I'm ending the week at 4/7 with a 3 mile run with my running group this morning. I think that I'm really going to enjoy this group, and it is certainly a different workout trying to carry on a conversation while running!

Better run, I'm in charge of the kiddos this afternoon and they want to play! :smile:
  • vhuber
    Heather that is nice that you are enjoying your running group!

I am at our cabin, took yesterday as a rest day and did "NO" workout! We had 14 of us on the deck for dinner and laughter last night, soooo much fun!
    It rained this morning so we just lounged around and this afternoon after a nap I took my furries and we went hiking down the cliff behind our cabin to the water. we walked a good share of shore then we started searching for golf balls! Yes golf balls! the neighbor guys drive them from way up on top trying to hit the water! I had at least 3 dozen in my pockets and in the rolled up front of my shirt! Then we trudged back up the cliff to our neighbors then home! I was sweatin (a good workout plus by then it was hot and MUGGY out)! I guess I'm good for 6/7!! I had a good week!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Verda, I think that your day off was well deserved! Sounds like a fun time at your cabin!

1/7 today with a 4 mile run on the treadmill @ 6mph plus wu/cd walk. Running on my treadmill feels so easy after running outdoors with the group.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
  • vhuber
    REALLY Heather? I always think the TM is harder!! Good job!!!!

1/7 was 3 miles of running and my kick @ss JMBR workout #5!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    REALLY Heather? I always think the TM is harder!! Good job!!!!

Ah, well you haven't tried my magic treadmill!! :wink: It is a Nordic Trak w/ reflex deck so there is a bit of a spring to it when you run. It makes it super easy on the joints which is good, but definitely spoils you so it is harder to run outdoors!! That is one of the big reasons why I joined that running group--to force me outside! If I'm paying $100 to be a part of a training group by golly I WILL participate! :smile:
  • vhuber
    Yeah Heather I'm with ya on getting my $100 worth!!

yesterday was extremely busy for me but I am good for a 2/7 from JMBR (burned 405 cals). I think my heart rate has been higher than normal due to some asthma breathing. Is that possible Heather? I do think my breathing like this is allergy induced.
    I am in the city with my GS, we get on the plane this afternoon to fly to Denver,CO to see my other son. But I better go earn my 3/7 by walking around Billings, MT. (no gym at this motel, we had a hard time finding a room cuz I forgot that their BIG week long fair is on:grumble: !)
    Talk later, go move your butt's girls!!!!:wink:
  • Hey everyone, I have been MIA on this post, however I have been logging daily. It should be easier now that I am back at work and at a computer daily. Let's see I am 1/7 with 8.37 mile run on Sunday. I finally know what a runner's high is, it took forever but I can say yes I finally got it. Today I am planning on running and getting in some circuit training.

Hope everyone is doing great!!! Here's to a wonderful School Year (yes we are back at work) and continuing this healthy journey.
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    SOry friends.. just a quick pop in to let you know that I am still alive.. been really hectic... will fill you all in.. just wanted to say HI while I had a minute...r eally wish the app on phine would let you access the groups.
  • ivykivy
    1/7 30 minutes low impact
    2/7 20 min walking
    3/7 20 min walk/jog

Verda I'm moving my butt - trying to leave it behind. LOL!
  • vhuber
    3/7 Got in a 2 mile fairly fast walk with my 5 yr old GS. Even did squats with him on my back along with push ups, dips, & one legged squats!

4/7 was a half hour fast walk in the neighborhood plus 4 hrs of walking at the ZOO!
    Tomorrow I will go to my sons gym!
  • Hectic week with being back and school year beginning. I am 3/7 today. Total 14+ miles between sunday and wednesday. I have a 7pm run tonight with the running group. Everyone have a great day