ewwwww I'm gross

Options
I went to this brunch today and they had fruit and pastry trays there along with a cheese tray. I took a bunch of watermelon and pineapple but my friend said " OMG YOU HAVE TO TRY THIS!!!!" It was a slice of lemon poppyseed loaf. It looked delicious so I had a slice. And another and another. I had three slices. I came on here when i got home and the only thing simmilar said I ate 1200 calories :brokenheart: I had an entire day's worth of calories before 10 o'clock in the morning.

I guess I did better because I had a lovely large carrot for lunch ( when you have 1200 calories before lunch you tend to not be really that hungry) and I went for an hour long power walk I went fro over 400 calories to 150. I still feel horrible about my self though.

Replies

• DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I went to this brunch today and they had fruit and pastry trays there along with a cheese tray. I took a bunch of watermelon and pineapple but my friend said " OMG YOU HAVE TO TRY THIS!!!!" It was a slice of lemon poppyseed loaf. It looked delicious so I had a slice. And another and another. I had three slices. I came on here when i got home and the only thing simmilar said I ate 1200 calories :brokenheart: I had an entire day's worth of calories before 10 o'clock in the morning.

I guess I did better because I had a lovely large carrot for lunch ( when you have 1200 calories before lunch you tend to not be really that hungry) and I went for an hour long power walk I went fro over 400 calories to 150. I still feel horrible about my self though.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Re-learning how to eat better/healthier is going to take some time. :flowerforyou:

Get a good workout in today (if you can), drink lots of water tonight & vow to do better tomorrow. You have the rest of your life to get the hang of this!! :flowerforyou:
  • DBranchaud
    Options
    I know I will do better tommorow I just hurts me when i was doing soo well so far that day and then BAM!!!:sad: 1200 calories.
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering what you would tell anybody else if they had done the same thing?Why are we so mean to ourself? I don't think your gross, it was a slip, tomorrow you'll plan your food and do a lot better...
  • DBranchaud
    Options
    It was a slip but it was a delicious one at that:blushing:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Yummy, that does sound good. I'll have to see if I can find a healthy lemon poppy seed loaf recipe. Good luck to you with getting back on track.
  • honeybee71
    honeybee71 Posts: 47
    Options
    I ate an entire bag of butterfinger minis yesterday. I didn't even check the calories for that one.:sad:
  • BikeChick
    BikeChick Posts: 121
    Options
    I know how you feel, I can't tell you how many times I have done the exact same thing. Every other day it seems, for me. It's really difficult when you feel you have been doing really well, and then you think you just completely backpeddled and destroyed all of your progress.
    You were right, Shannon, when you said you have your whole life to learn how to do it. Those are encouraging words! Sometimes those words don't do the trick, because even though you have your whole life, you want to lose the weight NOW. Just remember what everyone one MFP is always saying:
    "It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change."
    I've had people tell me on similar posts that you have to be able to live with it, meaning if you "diet" and never allow yourself the sweet/taboo stuff, could you live the rest of your life that way? I couldn't! Don't beat yourself up too much. Let it go and keep moving! :flowerforyou:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    you slipped dear but remember tommorrow is another day and hell today is still a new day each second each minute is a time to regroup..it wont set you back as much as you think we are all human..
  • BigCityKittyz
    BigCityKittyz Posts: 378
    Options
    I'm still regretting my cream puff mother's day binge....man! We sure know how to beat ourselves up! That's me though....they are a big downfall for me, obviously....and my sister-in-law was all "Look what I got for you!" I just realized....She's the DEVIL!

I didn't even look them up....I DON'T even wanna know! :grumble: