Rant about men!

Replies

• ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member

ITS THE BEST I COULD DO

LOL

Your effort reminds me of this scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXSLcYQHqFQ

:P
  • Foxypoo61287
    Foxypoo61287 Posts: 638 Member
    Not all men obviously. I know there are great ones out there :wink:

However, what is with men acting like children and/or idiots? These are some of the conversations I heard in the last few days.

"Bro, Imma get on my razor and bounce" <- Said by a man at least 35 years old.

"Man I saw a pregnant bird the other day. It was really pregnant. Like ready to give birth. It was huge!" <- said by a man in his 50's

"I need to go to the tanning salon tonight. I still don't have a base" <- The man must have been mid twenties

"I haven't gotten a manicure in weeks" <- It's from a different guy around 30.

"Dude, I aint got a job so the ***** has to pay" <- Sadly, he was in his mid 30's

I never see men opening doors for women. It is ALWAYS the other way around. Why can't it be 50/50? I can open a door for myself and others but men have gotten so lazy. I have seen so many couples where the guys are on their cellphones and the women are lugging the groceries or at IKEA it was heavy looking furniture box. I am just saddened to see really weak men.

Is it just me or have you noticed it too?

**** I know women have their annoying traits too so this isn't an "i hate men" rant because I adore men. I just hate the wussies who say stupid %$^&

I know someone is going to take offense and hurl insults at me and that totally fine. Bring it! :drinker:

I FOUND that man who opens the door, and tells me I'm beautiful & not hot. My ex treated me so badly, and then this guy kinda just fell into my lap. He is so open, and kind and generous. Something I am not used to. It's so wonderful! :)
  • Being an old guy who was raised to be a gentleman, I have to comment.

First, I don't see anything wrong with a man going to a tanning salon or getting a manicure, especially a manicure. When I see the condition of some men's hands and nails, more men could use a manicure.

I am very disappointed in the social skills of young men and would like to give an example. It was senior prom weekend and a group of high school seniors, young men with their dates, entered a resturant where my wife and I were dining. The girls looked beautiful in their formal gowns. The boys looked like creatures that crawled out of a dumpster. Their attire was universally similar, tattered jeans, sneakers, rock concert tee shirts, ridiculous looking hats, and a tux top coat. They looked disgusting!!! I asked one of the girls why she would go to something as special as the senior prom with a guy who was dressed the way her date dressed. She looked at him and shrugged her shoulders. None of the boys opened the door, or even held the door open for the girls, nor did they seat the girls at the dinner table. In short, they don't know how to act like gentlemen, their parents haven't taught them how to act, or dress properly, and their dates,the young women, condone their actions.

Women have stopped acting like ladies, and therefore don't insist men treat them as such. I'm not sure which happened first, women not acting like ladies, or bad behavior on the part of men. And men don't know how to act like gentlemen. Learning social skills starts at a young age at home and those skills have stopped being taught a long time ago.

What happened to pride in appearance, especially amongst young men?

Lastly, one of my daughters went on a date with a young man who did act like a gentleman, opened the doors for her, sat her at a resturant table, helped her with her coat, etc.. She never went out with him again. Why? Because he was too nice. Sad, very sad on both their parts, his for being rejected for treating a girl like a lady, and hers for not expecting to be treated like one.

Then there is speech. I'm not a dude!!! And I do want to understand what someone is saying. If someone can't communicate in an intelligible manner, best they learn some language skills or like the unemployed guy, that will be thier fate.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    As soon as I read that opening post I knew that within half a page, people would be going on about sexism and equality.

This has all been heard before. Some think they should be treated like a 'lady', some take a more feminist view on it, and the rest don't give a ****, like me. I open doors and carry bags and such like for anyone, regardless of sex, because it's polite.

Personally, my other half only opens the door for me so he can grab my backside as I walk past, and I still fall for it after 5 years.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    i blame hip hop....seriously

METAL RULES

blaming hip hop is like me saying that all metal worships satan. you cant blame an entire sub-culture.

well the metal side that does worship satan (i.e. King Diamond, etc) are a very very sub culture....the covnersation in the OP is basic garden variety hip hop.
  • FireBrand80
    FireBrand80 Posts: 378 Member
    I know you are but what am I?
  • jtslim42
    jtslim42 Posts: 240
    UGH! Please don't get me started on this topic. I am single and have to date guys like this all the time! Needless to say there are not a lot of 2nd dates.:ohwell:
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    I hear dumb *kitten* from people all the time...men and women. The world is just full of morons.

The end.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    I never see men opening doors for women. It is ALWAYS the other way around. Why can't it be 50/50? I can open a door for myself and others but men have gotten so lazy. I have seen so many couples where the guys are on their cellphones and the women are lugging the groceries or at IKEA it was heavy looking furniture box. I am just saddened to see really weak men.

Someone on this board posted a while ago about how she won't let her husband lug the heavy stuff because she considers it an extra boost to her workouts. I doubt she's the only one.

As for the doors, I have men actually run in front of me on a regular basis just so they can hold the door open. My boyfriend will stand holding a door for complete strangers (men and women) for several minutes if a lot of people are coming through. Maybe it's the people you know and the places you go that are the problem.
  • romach79
    romach79 Posts: 277 Member
    I think the pc crowd and the "touchy-feely" liberal elite-ists have contributed to the wussification of men. Notice how the media rail against guys who exhibit traditional masculine traits. Or it could be their mothers raised them that way.
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    What's wrong with getting a manicure? I mean I won't because I'm not quite THAT metro... but really isn't something like that about taking care of yourself? :tongue:

Oh... and... you suck! :wink:

Love,
    SH

Yeah, I gotta go with this one...what's wrong with a man getting a manicure?! Nothing better than a well groomed man!
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    What if these things had come from a women's mouth? I'm wondering if there'd even be a post about it.....

Bottom line, everyone's an idiot at some point. Just peruse the forums. Most threads make me want to kick my dog.
  • pobski
    pobski Posts: 42 Member
    "that bird is like really pregnant"

thought you meant actual bird. We shouldn't objectify animals either though.
  • brooshie
    brooshie Posts: 141 Member

METAL RULES

blaming hip hop is like me saying that all metal worships satan. you cant blame an entire sub-culture.

well the metal side that does worship satan (i.e. King Diamond, etc) are a very very sub culture....the covnersation in the OP is basic garden variety hip hop.

i wouldn't say that's completely true. i think you're basing your entire opinion on radio play and mainstream, which would be just like what you stated: a very very small sub culture.
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    All I know is that this goes both ways. For every guy that just doesn't have a clue or didn't get his balls back from the last girlfriend there is a lady out there that thinks she has to act dumb or that thinks she can't have her own thoughts or opinions.
  • AreneeG31
    AreneeG31 Posts: 256 Member
    :bigsmile: this is just too funny! people say and DO stupid stuff all the time! Some days its annoying and others it makes for a good laugh!
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member

METAL RULES

i wouldn't say that's completely true. i think you're basing your entire opinion on radio play and mainstream, which would be just like what you stated: a very very small sub culture.

well thats my point...whats in radio play and mainstream BECOMES part of the general culture....you never heard King Diamond or Slayer or any other "Satany" band on mainstream radio.
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Wow, to be honest, it's not just men. Some women are idiots too. Regardless, I was actually surprised when my guy grabbed the shopping bags from me. He's pretty old-fashioned that way. I will agree with you that people-watching in general can be pretty hilarious though!
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member

METAL RULES

well thats my point...whats in radio play and mainstream BECOMES part of the general culture....you never heard King Diamond or Slayer or any other "Satany" band on mainstream radio.

Metal > Hip-hop. That's all.
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member

METAL RULES

It's not on pedestrian radio because it's not popular with the majority. And typically anyone who listens to anything that heavy or extreme, whether it be rap or rock, is listening because they can identify. And by identify, I mean 'have some sort of aggressive tendencies'. Which goes far beyond any stupidity or behaviors within a culture or subculture.