Starting P90X today... any takers?!

2»

Replies

• Beavvv
    Beavvv Posts: 9 Member
    I'm also wondering if anyone has done p90x while doing weight watchers rather than the diet they provide you with? I don't currently make a conscious effort to get my protein in (although I'd tend to think I do - lots of chicken, egg whites etc). I'm not sure if I focus on protein if that will cause me to bulk up?
  • Sweetspcl
    Sweetspcl Posts: 1 Member
    What do you long programs like P90X and Insanity under as far as exercise. I'm new to this site and I can't seem to find how to log either program.
  • I'm on week five of P90x and I am loving it!! I can't wait to do it every day after my run. If you're just starting out or need that little extra push, push PLAY! You can do it, work hard and you'll get through it. Work on that goal of finishing that DVD every day and that sense of accomplishment when you're done is priceless. It's worth the time and effort you've put it and the results will happen. Don't get frustrated. Bring it!!!! By the way, I use weights and heavy resistance bands. I don't have a place to put a pull-up bar. And I'm not sure if you would get enough calories needed for P90x if you're on Weight Watchers. Let's work hard, everyone! Feel free to add me.
  • Notte
    Notte Posts: 17 Member
    I have both the P90X and Zumba, but the P90X is so intimidating and I haven't been able to start it without dropping after a minute. So, for now, I'm going to the gym and when I get a little healthier I plan to start on it as well.
  • 207alicia
    207alicia Posts: 4 Member
    I'm also wondering if anyone has done p90x while doing weight watchers rather than the diet they provide you with? I don't currently make a conscious effort to get my protein in (although I'd tend to think I do - lots of chicken, egg whites etc). I'm not sure if I focus on protein if that will cause me to bulk up?

Hi Beavvv, I am on day 38 of P90X. I saw your thought of P90X and weight watchers---- I can't imagine it! Once you get going you will understand why. You are going to burn about 600 calories per workout. I am 5'7, 172lbs and doing level 2 in the nutrition. This means I'm eating roughly 2400 calories a day on the P90X. For the past few days I have tried to cut back a bit as I was worried it was too much. Needless to say I was starving! You don't want it to affect your workout. Try the nutrition and modify from there would be my suggestion. Just my two cents! ;)
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    I have the pull up bar, but can't even get my toes off the ground! :grumble: I use the bands....
  • I have the pull up bar, but can't even get my toes off the ground! :grumble: I use the bands....

Build your strength and you'll be able to get those toes off the ground. Keep working hard!!!
  • Cravenamanda
    Cravenamanda Posts: 54 Member
    me too!!!
  • You'll need pull up bar, or bands. I used bands my first time through. You'll also need weights, or you can use the bands again. Get good quality bands, I've heard more than one person say their's broke. I did not have that problem.

You will need lots of protein, lots of will power and determination. Don't get discouraged, you may not lose a lot of weight the first month, but it does come off in the second and third months.

I didn't have one when I did it, but I'd recommend a HRM with chest strap.

After finishing p90x, I did insanity, and now I'm doing a hybrid of the two, starting my first recovery week. I'm loving it.

Make you mind you want to do this and get up and do it every day, even if you don't want to or you hurt from the day before.

Best of luck!
  • Hi there 207alicia,

Your 2400 kcals. Is that 1800 plus the 600 from the P90X workout or is that 2400 kcals and then an additional 600 on top to make 3000 kcals daily?
  • 207alicia
    207alicia Posts: 4 Member
    Hi there 207alicia,

Your 2400 kcals. Is that 1800 plus the 600 from the P90X workout or is that 2400 kcals and then an additional 600 on top to make 3000 kcals daily?

Hi Adam, I was told by my trainer that if I followed the P90X plan at level 2, phase one that it would amount to approx 2400 calories. I had decided to start using the myfitnesspal while following the program as I felt I needed more control over my eating. I've just started tracking the past few days. Yesterday I tracked while following the program and here's how it broke down. (I think the 2400 includes the exercise?)
    2401 ate
    2139 goal (w/ exercise? I think that's included in the second line of our end of day, right?)
    -262 over goal
    23 carbs left
    2 fat left
    93 protein OVER! (Yay! I've been struggling getting enough on the program. I think this was good.)

Have you all discovered the p90xcalories.com? Very cool. I may have heard of it on here.

:)
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    I have been thinking of doing P90X for a while. I went on Craigslist today, and a person has an unopened box of P90X that I am purchasing/picking up tomorrow for just $50. I will be opening it before I give her the money, though!
  • lthacks
    lthacks Posts: 15
    I just started my second month of P90x, although my first month was a little iffy on commitment. I'm following the Lean plan. I plan on doing a second cycle on Classic after I'm complete.

I would love love love a bigger support group, and some motivation to keep going.
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Well I got an email from the Craigslist contact - her husband already sold it. :(
    Oh well, I will keep fishing Craigslist for a good deal on it!
  • ladynica
    ladynica Posts: 329 Member
    Today I'm doing day 3 of classic so i'll be doing shoulders & arms and ab ripper. Feel free to add me (anyone) for support/motivation. Every time I've started P90x i've never completed a full cycle so that's my goal this time around is to just complete it. Looking forward to doing this cycle with you guys!
  • savlov30
    savlov30 Posts: 233 Member
    I am actually in my 7th week of P90x/Insanity Hybrid and I love it. I have a support group on FB for both P90x and Insanity if any of you like to join. Message me. Good luck to you all starting. You will love it. Make sure you eat enough calories and follow the meal plan. Make sure that you eat/drink something for recovery. I love the P90x recovery drink. It taste like an Orange Julius. I am more than willing to help any of you.

Julianne
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    I just started on Monday! You can add me for support this is my 2nd (official) time around :smile:
  • I plan on starting P90X soon. I've been holding on to my DVDs for a few days now, without actually starting. I think I'm more scared of the committment. I'm a full time student and I work part-time, so I'm scared I'll push it to the side and quit. I'm only 4'11 so I'm not planning on bulking up or anything, have most of you that have tried it seen good results? How long does it take to notice a difference?

Feel free to add me! :D
  • mpf1
    mpf1 Posts: 1,437 Member
    I have started to try out the P90x workouts while I finish ChaLean Extreme. I was wondering if anyone can make recommendations on resistance bands to use instead of the pull up bar. I don't have a place to put the bar in my basement where I work out.
    If so, I'd love to hear what brands you have found to be good quality. Thank you!
  • leighla323
    leighla323 Posts: 3 Member
    I am going to start on monday!