IN NEED OF HELP!

Recently my mother-in-law has been bringing home breakfast for everyone...
today its a burrito from varllarta....
the probelm is that i have been eating them not to get her upset...
but i have no clue just how many calories these foods have in them! and at the same time i really do not want to get her upset at me because i've been there before and its horrible!

what should i do?!

Replies

• xXFireFlyyXx
    xXFireFlyyXx Posts: 16 Member
  • julesw734
    julesw734 Posts: 100
    I would ask for the recipe and check to see how many calories per a serving it would have.. If it is to much calorie, sugar, sodium, or etc than just simply inform you mother in law that you are Thankful for her kindness, but you are changing your eating to a better healthy eating..Most people love honesty. So, just be honest and if you dont want to eat it just make a healthier breakfast for yourself . That is what I usually do. Good luck
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Let it into the convo that your being healthy and you suggest doing breakfast like a fresh fruit salad
    and some oats or something. GL
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Just ask her where she is getting them from to check up on all of the nutritional values incorporated with the burrito
  • Yardtigress
    Yardtigress Posts: 367 Member
    How about you open it and eat half the guts? I don't eat wheat so the tortilla is out. If you eat the guts then you can just eat the eggs and have some fruit to go with it. Most of the time they get cheap on the fatty meat and put more eggs and cheese. Eat your fruit and half the guts picking out what you can log and then say " boy am I stuffed, that was great thank you" peace with MIL Tigress
  • I think the advice to just eat part of it is the easiest solution. Cut it in half, or eat the insides...I usually just look up some of the ingredients on the food search and make an educated guess. If I tried to figure the exact things every time I ate something unique, I would give up. Don't be too hard on yourself...or the mother-in-law. If I didn't have to fix breakfast because someone brought in food, i would be excited!:flowerforyou: Good for you for paying attention and working at logging your foods!!
  • xXFireFlyyXx
    xXFireFlyyXx Posts: 16 Member
    she got upset at me anyway... i dont eat a lot of meat, basically i eat fish and thats it, simply because i cant stand the texture of the other meats, it makes me quizy... she got me a pork and stake burrito... and then got mad at me when i proceded to peel out the meat
  • If it were me I would do as many other suggested and figure the ingredients and caloric, fat, protein content...etc. If it works into my daily goals in a healthy way, I would eat it. However, if it does not, I would thank her for her thoughtfulness and gracefully tell her you are carefully choosing your meals/calories with weight loss goals in mind. I would not eat something to make another feel better and compromise my own goals. Her thoughtfulness is wonderful but one has to be selfish when it comes to one's own health, weight and weight loss goals! Also, If she insists on getting something, express a desire to go with her and see if there are healthier options that meet your goals. If there are no healthier options; stick to your goals! She will get over it! :flowerforyou:
  • teamfit2day
    teamfit2day Posts: 213 Member
    she got upset at me anyway... i dont eat a lot of meat, basically i eat fish and thats it, simply because i cant stand the texture of the other meats, it makes me quizy... she got me a pork and stake burrito... and then got mad at me when i proceded to peel out the meat

You need to start being honest with yourself if you truly want to control your health. You know very well those burritos are NOT healthy, regardless of what the heck their nutritional information is. Im pretty sure their high fat, high carb, high sodium, all things that are bad for you. Truth be told, when I decided to take control of my health and eating, everyone in my family was upset because I was no longer eating the deep fried foods they cooked everyday, but guess what, im down 54 lbs because I was honest with myself and with them. Take control! No one else is going to change your health, ONLY YOU CAN DO THAT. Trust me. Best advice: Be honest, tell them those foods are working against your goals, they may not like your response, but they will respect you for it.
  • Yardtigress
    Yardtigress Posts: 367 Member
    Since she still got upset with you, you can't win this game. Don't eat it, and if she gets upset, talk to your husband and ask him to get his mother off your back. Tigress