Just need to vent...

LokiFae
LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
So I don't have a wedding ring yet. I've been married for almost a year, and I still don't have a wedding ring. We decided to wait to get my ring because I couldn't find one I really liked, but then we found one last November. So we ordered it in my size, and they sent it off to be made. (Yeah, it was supposed to be a custom-made ring) They told us it would be no longer than 6 weeks for it to get done. So we thought we would have it by Christmas.

Christmas comes and goes, and then January comes and goes. The place calls me in February saying they have it. So we go to get it. It's in the wrong size. :mad:

So I say, Just get another one, in my size, because I love this ring and really want it.

So what do they do? Found a ring a size lower than mine (that they just had in stock, not a custom-made for me ring) and resize it. Now this sucks because it is a heavily engraved ring, so resizing it could really screw it up.

They call me in March and say it's done being resized. I tell them that we can't come up and get it for a while because the store is two hours away, and it gets harder and harder to get up there with gas the way it is. They said that's fine and to just get up when I can, even if it takes a couple months.

They just called me yesterday saying they were going to send me into collection if I didn't pay the ring off. :explode: :explode: :explode:

Are you KIDDING ME?????????????????????????

Am I being ridiculous for being really really super p*ssed off?

Replies

• LokiFae
    So I don't have a wedding ring yet. I've been married for almost a year, and I still don't have a wedding ring. We decided to wait to get my ring because I couldn't find one I really liked, but then we found one last November. So we ordered it in my size, and they sent it off to be made. (Yeah, it was supposed to be a custom-made ring) They told us it would be no longer than 6 weeks for it to get done. So we thought we would have it by Christmas.

Christmas comes and goes, and then January comes and goes. The place calls me in February saying they have it. So we go to get it. It's in the wrong size. :mad:

So I say, Just get another one, in my size, because I love this ring and really want it.

So what do they do? Found a ring a size lower than mine (that they just had in stock, not a custom-made for me ring) and resize it. Now this sucks because it is a heavily engraved ring, so resizing it could really screw it up.

They call me in March and say it's done being resized. I tell them that we can't come up and get it for a while because the store is two hours away, and it gets harder and harder to get up there with gas the way it is. They said that's fine and to just get up when I can, even if it takes a couple months.

They just called me yesterday saying they were going to send me into collection if I didn't pay the ring off. :explode: :explode: :explode:

• KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    That's rediculous!!!! The place I got my rings at have on-site technitions... they will size your ring in about 1-2 hours. Ever since I've gotten such great service from them we don't go anywhere else for jewlery. They are awesome!

O' and he got it at JAREDS, JAREDS, JAREDS! Haha! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Holy cow! That is ridiculous! It was THEIR mistake in the first place, they shouldn't be breathing down your necks, especially since you haven't even had it yet! My word, some people these days. They want instant gratification but they didn't even bother to consider that you wanted satisfaction too! That just makes me so mad.
  • Kimosabe
    Kimosabe Posts: 71
    I'd tell them to take a leap, :noway: because u don't have the ring and therefore should not be charged for it. Call them and talk to a manager and tell them what has happened. Then I would go from there, because you may have to go farther up the chain. Where did u get it at?? So I can avoid this as well.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member

No, you aren't being ridiculous...I'd want to kick someone's butt for sure! Tell them that you'll give them the money when you get up there to get the ring. If they already said you could come and get it at your convenience, then why are they threatening to send you to collections?:huh: Go as far up the chain as you have to...take it all the way to the CEO!! I tell you what...if I was in your situation, someone would be losing their job over this mess.
  • LokiFae
    Okay, so I called and spoke with a manager, who had the corporate office call me back, and I explained that they could shove it and give me my money back.

They "explained" to me that since I had special ordered the ring, they would be keeping a $100 deposit.

So...I lost it. :bigsmile: The neighbors downstairs probably think I'm crazy because I started yelling that they would NOT be keeping a deposit and that they WOULD be sending me back my ENTIRE deposit, thankyouverymuch.

They're sending a check. It should be here in 10 business days.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    LOL! That is AWESOME! I am so envious of people that have the ability to do that. I always back down and get all meek and then stay pissed about it for weeks! GOOD ON YOU!:drinker:
  • LokiFae
    Update:

So we ordered a new ring. This time it's a set. This whole drama thing happened in like, one day, and now I'm going to have a wedding ring for my one year anniversary. YIPPEE!!!!!!

It's my profile picture now. We went a whole different way with it. It's diamonds, but black diamonds, so it's traditional with a little twist. Tell me what you guys think!!!
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Update:

So we ordered a new ring. This time it's a set. This whole drama thing happened in like, one day, and now I'm going to have a wedding ring for my one year anniversary. YIPPEE!!!!!!

It's my profile picture now. We went a whole different way with it. It's diamonds, but black diamonds, so it's traditional with a little twist. Tell me what you guys think!!!

ooooooooooh.... :love: love it!
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Looks awesome! As Borat says, 'Very niiiiice!'
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Oh it is just beautiful!! So unique!!

Congrats on all accounts - marriage, fighting for what is right, and getting what you deserve!! :heart:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Oh black diamonds! I love it!
  • LokiFae
    Thanks you guys!! You're all so nice. :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Really pretty.:smile: