50 Shades??

Replies

• The 1st one was OK. Loved the 2nd one bc there was an actual story behind it. Im suffering through the last 1. Im just not into it anymore. She is a broken record! However I do LOVE Christian!!!

I totally agree
  • RMuske
    RMuske Posts: 271 Member
    I read all three based on a few recommendations. They were not the best books ever by any means but they weren't horrible and I did manage to get through all three. I have to say I was a little dissapointed in the end of the third book... I don't want to give anything away but I was not impressed.
  • Shelli_78
    Shelli_78 Posts: 16 Member
    (seriously..she has a mind-blowing orgasm EVERY SINGLE TIME?).

Um...it is possible
  • 50 shades of burnt toast. Quite an exhilarating book IMO.
  • poll09
    poll09 Posts: 549
    loved them reading it again
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    (seriously..she has a mind-blowing orgasm EVERY SINGLE TIME?).

Um...it is possible

Yup.. and I do hope you are one of the lucky!

Your average virgin however, who is totally inexperienced and actually seems kinda asexual before she meets Christian Grey is definitely likely to orgasm her first time simply from having her breasts touched, then discover she's multi-orgasmic and be into being beaten by a sadistic stalker soon after..
  • GlitterMamma11
    GlitterMamma11 Posts: 143 Member
    I read the first one and thought it was lame. The characters were annoying and the writing was horrible! The smut wasn't even that good. I've read waaaaay better!
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Loved the 1st 2 , last one is a little slow
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    I've lost all faith in humanity
    Not all of us! But at the end of the world, people like us will band together and form an alliance and maybe save everyone from destruction.

That's my plan, anyway.
  • I think the story was too long. Three books should have been 2. Loved them, just a little redundant!! :smile:
  • LadyB05
    LadyB05 Posts: 26 Member
    LOVED THEM I FINISHED ALL 3 IN A WEEK. :love:
  • losingw8now
    losingw8now Posts: 105 Member
    I'm half way through the first one....It is very, um, different. I'm not sure if I care for it.

You are not the first person to say that. Many people don't so you may feel in the minority here on this post, but you aren't alone.
  • psychopiglet
    psychopiglet Posts: 130 Member
    Something isn't adding up here... I'm seeing a lot of "I couldn't put it down! It took me a week to read all three!" around the internet. Are 50 Shades Fans all really slow readers or what? It shouldn't take an adult multiple days to read a relatively short book they enjoy, right? What am I missing? :/
  • Tashmayes
    Tashmayes Posts: 244 Member
    Something isn't adding up here... I'm seeing a lot of "I couldn't put it down! It took me a week to read all three!" around the internet. Are 50 Shades Fans all really slow readers or what? It shouldn't take an adult multiple days to read a relatively short book they enjoy, right? What am I missing? :/

Well ... a lot of adults have full time jobs and kids to come home to. So by the time you bathe said kids, bedtime routine, etc... exercise.. there is 20 minutes left before my head hits the pillow. 20 minutes a night..maybe 45 on a good night...ya, a week sounds right!
  • AmyB69
    AmyB69 Posts: 117
    I don't usually read that type of book (I like medical, mysteries, etc). But, I loved them! I've read all 3!
  • Apocalypse_Meow
    Apocalypse_Meow Posts: 90 Member
    I honestly don't see what people like about them. James is the worst author since Meyer. Can't even invent her own characters ffs. Christian is an abusive ****head with his head stuck up his own *kitten* and Ana is... Well she's an empty character. No personality to speak of and not even remotely believable. The sex scenes are dull as ****, I can only feel sorry for people who consider them otherwise because they obviously have never had a decent **** in their lives.

Can you tell I'm not a fan? Lol

a
    I soooo agree with this. ALSO, it gives the most false and terrible view of BDSM I've ever read. Now we're going to have a bunch of abusive guys playing off the abuse as being a Dom. Ladies, Christian Grey is a TERRIBLE Dom. If a real Dom ever met a guy that topped the way he does, I'm fairly certain the real dom would beat the **** out of him for disrespecting his partner like that.
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member

Do you have a career and a family? Hobbies other than reading? :/
  • bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    i did. i'm on the third book
  • meridian35
    meridian35 Posts: 19 Member
    Total tripe, unsympathic characters and so poorly written, its gotta be a contender for the prize for worst sex in a novel???
  • meridian35
    meridian35 Posts: 19 Member
    :laugh:
    I honestly don't see what people like about them. James is the worst author since Meyer. Can't even invent her own characters ffs. Christian is an abusive ****head with his head stuck up his own *kitten* and Ana is... Well she's an empty character. No personality to speak of and not even remotely believable. The sex scenes are dull as ****, I can only feel sorry for people who consider them otherwise because they obviously have never had a decent **** in their lives.

Can you tell I'm not a fan? Lol

a
    I soooo agree with this. ALSO, it gives the most false and terrible view of BDSM I've ever read. Now we're going to have a bunch of abusive guys playing off the abuse as being a Dom. Ladies, Christian Grey is a TERRIBLE Dom. If a real Dom ever met a guy that topped the way he does, I'm fairly certain the real dom would beat the **** out of him for disrespecting his partner like that.