You're a woman, would you become involved..

NWCountryGal
NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
with a man 15 years younger if you were almost 60? I know this has been asked a million times but you guessed it, I've been asked out by a younger guy. So now, what to do. I feel stupid even considering it so feedback welcome, I can take it. I'd love to know of stories where it's worked out between two people with vast age differences.

denise:drinker: :drinker:

Replies

• juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Get him cougar.

Rawr
  • samb330
    samb330 Posts: 328 Member
    Go for it!!!
  • Jude1064
    Jude1064 Posts: 83 Member
    It would be a little hard for my kids to handle. But I think if I liked him and we have things in common, I would go. Give it a shot. Who knows....you might have a good time!! Keep us posted!! Add me if you like.
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Go for it! What do you have to lose? If it works then it was absolutely worth it. If it doesn't work then you had fun trying :smile:
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    I personally wouldn't because I'm attracted to older men, but nothing wrong with it!

The only time an age difference starts to creep me out is if the younger party is the same or similar age to the older party's children.
  • cherylhirons
    cherylhirons Posts: 37 Member
    Absolutely, if I didn't have an amazing hubby!
  • legs_n_bacon
    legs_n_bacon Posts: 478 Member
    If you were 30 and he was 15 I'd say no, but I think you should say yes and have a great time!
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Go for it. At least give it a try... you don't want to miss out on something potentially great simply because of a big age difference.

(My mom's husband is 10 years younger than her and they're happy and have been married about 12 years.)
  • NWCountryGal
    LOL:) It's tempting!
    Get him cougar.

Rawr
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    If you connect with someone, who cares about their age....go for it! Life is too short to worry about what other people think, just enjoy all that is in the here and now because we never know if there will be a tomorrow! Have fun :drinker:
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Who's cares about age...it's just a number....I say go for it if you have a connection!
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    My fiancé is younger. Not 15 years but 5.
    He's also one of the most fun, yet loving and mature men I've ever met.
    I say why not.
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,885 Member
    The "will it mix" formula for age differential is supposed to be: half the age of the older person and then add seven, so if you're 60 and he's over 37, you're good...
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    HECK YES! WHY NOT?!

Go on a date...have a good time...go on another. Don't have a good time, move on. In my opinion, over 40, the age differences seem to disappear, but that's just me.
  • cc7315
    cc7315 Posts: 72 Member
    Ab-so-freakin-lute-ly! Go for it!! :bigsmile:
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    I'm 40 and won't consider dating anyone under 35 but would go as high as early 50s depending on their lifestyle (I have lots of energy lol). Maybe I should open up my mind more to the 20-somethings that ask me out all the time lol
  • sitasays
    sitasays Posts: 24 Member
    I say go for it!
  • NWCountryGal
    Oh wow, I'm so into Math, you caught me with this one! Sounds good, :laugh:
    The "will it mix" formula for age differential is supposed to be: half the age of the older person and then add seven, so if you're 60 and he's over 37, you're good...
  • WickedBean
    WickedBean Posts: 244 Member
    If you were 30 and he was 15 I'd say no, but I think you should say yes and have a great time!

I agree with this.
  • quixoticmantis
    quixoticmantis Posts: 297 Member
    My SO is 18 yrs my senior, and I couldn't be happier!! I say go for it - age ain't nothin' but a number! :drinker: