Red Team Week 37!

Feel free to yell at me. I didn't weigh today either. I'm terrified to get on the scale because I've been reallllyyyy bad.

Last night I managed 6 hours of sleep, but the night before was 3, the night before that 1, the night before that 3, and it wasn't much better before that. I've been an insomniac for years, but I had been doing a lot better the past couple months, but these past few weeks have taken their toll. :grumble: And then I keep having days where I eat everything imaginable and days that I eat practically nothing (like yesterday). I know it's not good. But I don't know if I can stop... life is throwing me garbage right now and I'm having a really difficult time. :cry: I'm really glad I can vent on here because sometimes I just want to explode.

So, I hope you all had better weeks than me! And I look forward to hearing from y'all. :smile:

Replies

• jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Oh Mel, poor girl, you need a break! You have been having a rough time haven't you? Just try to stay focused, you can do it. At least you are still logging on here and still have healthy eating on your mind, that's a start. I have another friend on here that has been having a tough time too so I'm going to say the same thing I did to you, take it or leave it. Try to think of healthy eating as the one thing that you can control, if you can get yourself back to where you were before and take back the control, it may help with the rest of your life. It sometimes helps to feel like you have control over at least one thing in your life, and for me at least, this is it. I also find that when I eat better, I sleep better. You have less spikes in your blood sugar so it keeps your energy from rising and crashing all the time. If not, have you tried Melatonin? I don't remember if I had suggested it before or not, but I use it sometimes when I'm having a rough time sleeping. When you start to get sleepy your body is producing Melatonin which helps the process. So if instead you take Melatonin about 30 mins before bed time you get extra in so you should start to feel sleepy even if you are stressing....it also helps to keep you asleep...I was getting up 3 or so times per night then it takes time to fall back asleep and yadda yadda. I found it helped a lot, might be worth a try? Good luck Mel, try to keep your chin up :wink:
    I too am not weighing in this week because it is my first week after starting a very strenuous workout and I want to give my body/muscles a chance to get back to normal since they say that your muscles hang on to a lot of water at first and I really don't want to see a poor result due to this.
    BUT good luck to those who are weighing in this week.
    Have a good week folks! :bigsmile:
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Hang in there Mel... I know life is throwing you some curveballs but when its all over I know you'll be back on track.

I am skipping this weeks weigh-in due to TOM. Last week I started strong but my future bro-in-laws birthday was wednesday so we went out to eat and then my birthday was on friday so of course everyone took me out to eat. Needless to say I haven't been on track the past few days because of it, plus bloating from TOM makes for a horrible weigh in. I stepped on the scale this morning and was not happy at all, and I'm hoping its mostly water weight.

So next week I should have a fairly decent loss (keeping my fingers crossed lol). Hope everyone had a good week.

jb_sweet - You probably mentioned it already, but what new workout are you doing? How is it going so far?
  • jb_sweet_99
    Hang in there Mel... I know life is throwing you some curveballs but when its all over I know you'll be back on track.

I am skipping this weeks weigh-in due to TOM. Last week I started strong but my future bro-in-laws birthday was wednesday so we went out to eat and then my birthday was on friday so of course everyone took me out to eat. Needless to say I haven't been on track the past few days because of it, plus bloating from TOM makes for a horrible weigh in. I stepped on the scale this morning and was not happy at all, and I'm hoping its mostly water weight.

So next week I should have a fairly decent loss (keeping my fingers crossed lol). Hope everyone had a good week.

jb_sweet - You probably mentioned it already, but what new workout are you doing? How is it going so far?

Hi Lizagna, I start my second week of Kickboxing today, I went four days this week and am hoping to get in four again this week. It's going fantastic, thanks for asking! I love it! It is a fantastic workout and they always keep you guessing cause there is always a different instructor. I burn about 950 calories in a session too, so I'm hoping for some quick results!
    Don't worry about last week, you'll do better this week :bigsmile: And Happy Belated Birthday!!
  • kvcarden
    kvcarden Posts: 175
    I'm 191 today, down 2 lbs but still up...at the weigh in before Thanksgiving I was 186 so until I get back there I feel like I'm not accomplishing much at all.

Mel- I sincerely hope things get better for you!!!
    Jen- glad kickboxing is working out for you....950 calories in a workout is great!
    Liza- Happy Belated Birthday!!

Have a great week ladies and Mel you especially try to have a great week :flowerforyou:

Key
  • jb_sweet_99
    I'm 191 today, down 2 lbs but still up...at the weigh in before Thanksgiving I was 186 so until I get back there I feel like I'm not accomplishing much at all.

Mel- I sincerely hope things get better for you!!!
    Jen- glad kickboxing is working out for you....950 calories in a workout is great!
    Liza- Happy Belated Birthday!!

Have a great week ladies and Mel you especially try to have a great week :flowerforyou:

Key

Thanks Key! don't get yourself down! That happens to me all the time even when I'm really good, up and down up and down...You'll get back there. And CONGRATS, you Lost two Pounds :wink:
    Jenn :bigsmile:
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Jenn, thanks. I'm trying to keep my chin up but I'm sick of just chugging along and getting de-railed so often. I don't mean to throw myself a pity party, but life seems to have been extraordinarily cruel to me and my family, as compared to people I see around me. But, I'll live. Life moves on, whether or not I want it to. :ohwell:

Liz, thanks for the encouragement. and happy belated birthday!!! :smile:

Key, thank you as well for the kind words. I know it won't make you feel any better, but I've been the same weight for over a year, so yeahhh I don't feel like I'm accomplishing anything either. Hang in there. You'll get there.
  • jb_sweet_99
    I'm sorry to hear that Mel, I really hope that things start looking up for you, I really do. And I don't see it as a pity party, some times we need support, and that's what we are here for :bigsmile: