eating after 7 pm

does anyone eat after 7 pm?

okay i'm curious. i go to work at 7:30 am to 4:30 pm. i get home around 5 pm and i go straight to the gym and workout for two hours. by the time i get home from the gym i eat my dinner which is around 8:30 pm to 9:30 pm.

i eat breakfast at 9 am, lunch at 12 pm, snack at 3 pm.

so is it true that i shouldn't be eating this late? and what about my dinner? by the way i'm a single parent of a 10 month old, 6 years old, and 7.5 years old boys so i'm always on the run.

Replies

• pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    does anyone eat after 7 pm?

okay i'm curious. i go to work at 7:30 am to 4:30 pm. i get home around 5 pm and i go straight to the gym and workout for two hours. by the time i get home from the gym i eat my dinner which is around 8:30 pm to 9:30 pm.

i eat breakfast at 9 am, lunch at 12 pm, snack at 3 pm.

so is it true that i shouldn't be eating this late? and what about my dinner? by the way i'm a single parent of a 10 month old, 6 years old, and 7.5 years old boys so i'm always on the run.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    I eat after 7.. it's no biggie to me.
    If I have calories left, I'll eat if I'm hungry.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • lilmandy89
    lilmandy89 Posts: 323 Member
    I eat after 7, as long as i stay in my calorie limit it doesn't matter what time i eat
  • Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    I read something that said if you are going to eat later in the evenings, try and stick to protein to keep your metabolism running.

Not sure how true that is... somebody correct me if that is wrong.
  • foxfire9372
    foxfire9372 Posts: 184 Member
    I do it too! Confessions of the sinner. We eat around 5-6 and are up 'til at least 11-12, so I plan it in the cal intake. I used to do the same, w/o late in the evening and I was always hungry when I got home, the only thing I didn't and don't do is eat something really heavy. I would stick to lean protein and enough veg to choke a rabbit. If I ate too heavy, it sat like a rock.
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Much like everyone here, I eat as long as I am hungry and have the calories for it.
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Yes on my work days (3 days/wk), I eat dinner 7:30 when I get home. I just make sure it still fits in my calorie intake. Don't think it matters, I have lost 40lbs since Jan doing it this way.
  • MissRivi
    MissRivi Posts: 1
    I heard it was fine, as long as you don't go to sleep immediately afterwards- you should probably wait an hour or two.
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    Yes on my work days (3 days/wk), I eat dinner 7:30 when I get home. I just make sure it still fits in my calorie intake. Don't think it matters, I have lost 40lbs since Jan doing it this way.

congrats on your weight lost.
  • I've heard that you should give yourself 3 hours between the last time you eat ANYTHING until you go to sleep. That gives your body the time it needs to metabolize the food. Once you go to sleep your metabolism goes WAY down and that late meal doesn't get broken down like it would have earlier.
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    I figure it's calories in calories out either way, no matter what time of day u eat them. Sooo, if I have enough calories left, I tend to have a snack right b4 bed..lol sometimes it's even something not so good for ya, like cake..:blushing:
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    I usaully eat dinner around 6 or 7 then I always have a small snack about an hour before bed. It doesn't seem to have hurt me so far, as I am still losing. :happy:
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member

congrats on your weight lost.

Thanks!:wink:
  • robynlee
    robynlee Posts: 13
    If you eat well during the day, you shouldn't be hungry at night!!
    I try to do that and yes, every once in a while I will be hungry at night but I would NEVER do it every day.