need some help

I can't explain it but all I want to do is sleep I have no motivation to do anything, does anyone know how I can get more energy?

Replies

• angievan26
    angievan26 Posts: 212
    I can't explain it but all I want to do is sleep I have no motivation to do anything, does anyone know how I can get more energy?
  • The one thing that always gives me the most energy is EXERCISE!!! The hardest part is standing up, and putting my workout clothes on. Once I do that though, there's no stopping me. Then, afterwards, I usually have enough energy to continue my day without feeling tired.
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Before I started exercising I had no energy. I didn't want to get out of bed, just wanted to sit down all day, and not do anything until 5pm then go to be at 1am.

A month into my exercise routine, I felt a huge difference. I started to wake up early, never lethargic, and always wanted to do something constructive with my time.

Granted, a lot of this also had to do with a change of diet. I started to eat a good breakfast (Kashi + skim milk + yogurt & almonds) which gave me the energy to go through my day. I also stopped drinking soda and eliminated sugar crashes during the day.
  • Meriller
    Meriller Posts: 55 Member
    I used to feel the exact same way - I couldn't fathom how I'd ever get the gumption up to exercise being so fatigued...

BUT the old adage is true - A BODY IN MOTION STAYS IN MOTION

So just work yourself up to a comfortable exercise routine slowly, you'll definitely notice a big difference in time.

Also, I'm the metabolism type that has to eat frequently small snacks throughout the day or my body crashes out from a big meal - it's also healthier to eat this way of course.

Best of luck to you!:flowerforyou:
  • skiski
    skiski Posts: 173 Member
    i agree exercise...i always seem to dred it but after finding something i really enjoy i.e. walking or swimming i found things got better, energy was easier to come by, sleep was a better quality and i am healthier!!!!

:flowerforyou: good luck the key is to do something you enjoy xxx
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    I agree with the exercise but make sure your getting enough iron too.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Have you had blood work done lately to make sure everything is okay? :flowerforyou:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    I agree with Shannon- 1st rule out anything medical: anemia, mono, low iron - all can be contributors to low energy.

2nd - get outside even if it is just for a few minutes - I find sunshine very theraputic.

3rd - i have to agree with everyone - even if you go mall walking - get some exercise!

I hope you are feeling better very soon.. hugs:flowerforyou: