Open Letter to my Body

I wrote this a while back and thought I'd revisit it for a little motivation... and maybe it'll motivate some of you too?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear Body,

Hi! How are you? Did you have a good summer? Wonderful! Listen, we need to talk. See, I own you. Yep, that's right. This means you're supposed to do what I tell you to do - do you understand? Currently, well, you embarrass me a little. You know those adorable little dresses in the back of my closet? I want you to wear them, so you need to work with me a little bit. So, how about we make a deal?

I promise to feed you protein, whole grains, complex carbs, lots of veggies and fruits, plus make sure you get plenty of water and sleep. I also promise I won't destroy you with alcohol, cigarettes, or drugs. I will get you to the gym where you can stretch your muscles, burn some steam, and grow strong and powerful.

In return, I need you to let go of some of your baggage. Yes, you do have baggage. It's around the midsection, butt and thighs. I know, I know... work is hard, it's summer and hotter 'n Hades outside, and pizza tastes oh-so-good, but you have GOT to let that crap go. Excessive body fat isn't cool, man. Stop hanging onto it! You don't need it, and I don't want it.

Listen, I care about you! I don't want you to get type-2 diabetes or have heart and health problems. I want you to feel good, and I want to be proud to show you off. We're on the same team, here, okay? So, consider my offer thoughtfully and get back to me as soon as you can. I'll be waiting.

Love,
Kelly

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What would you write to your body?

Replies

• suzyc2be
    suzyc2be Posts: 11
    I love it! : )
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Fantastic!
  • radtechlisa
    radtechlisa Posts: 6 Member
    Perfect!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Ohh I wanna play!

Dear body...

why are you not sore, btch?? We worked out HARD yesterday!!

Love,

bri
  • reasnableblonde
    reasnableblonde Posts: 212 Member
    Ohh I wanna play!

Dear body...

Love,

bri

Your body must be asking to do it again. :-)
  • moesaid2
    moesaid2 Posts: 67
    That's Cool...Ima write one to my body. Hopefully, it responds :-)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Ohh I wanna play!

Dear body...

Love,

bri

Your body must be asking to do it again. :-)

rawr! lets go!
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Fantastic!

I would tell my body:

Thank you for keeping up with The Brain when it sets the goals, which may see impossible, and for not giving in. Thank you for pushing that last rep during a heavy lifting. Thank you for the definition you are showing in the arm and leg area. Thank you for working through the back pain, but reminding me it does hurt and that I need to get to the chiropractor. Thank you for feeling sluggish when I eat like *kitten* and don't work out. This forces The Brain to make wise choices. Thank you for doing your part and not getting sick for the past 6 months, since The Brain made the choice to get fit. As I see it, we've got a great thing going.
  • JSlattery79
    JSlattery79 Posts: 116 Member
    awesome!.. I'm gonna do one to my body! :D