I'm so confused.

jill927
jill927 Posts: 471 Member
My weight is fluctuating SO much!

I know that your weight fluctuates through the day, and that you can gain/lose weight quickly if it is water weight, but I am just flabbergasted right now! My weight in 2 days has canged 8 lbs, and that is just these last two days. It goes up and down so much I don't know what my weight is anymore because I dont know what is accurate! I was steadily loosing weight and it was good, now my weight is jumping up and down like it's on a trampoline..... HELP!

I haven't changed my eating habits from when I was steadily loosing weight, I still drink my water just as much, I'm still exercising. I want to believe the scale when it says I've lost 8 lbs in 2 days, but somehow I have a feeling it really isn't very realistic. lol.

Replies

• jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    My weight is fluctuating SO much!

I know that your weight fluctuates through the day, and that you can gain/lose weight quickly if it is water weight, but I am just flabbergasted right now! My weight in 2 days has canged 8 lbs, and that is just these last two days. It goes up and down so much I don't know what my weight is anymore because I dont know what is accurate! I was steadily loosing weight and it was good, now my weight is jumping up and down like it's on a trampoline..... HELP!

I haven't changed my eating habits from when I was steadily loosing weight, I still drink my water just as much, I'm still exercising. I want to believe the scale when it says I've lost 8 lbs in 2 days, but somehow I have a feeling it really isn't very realistic. lol.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    I'd use a tape measure....it is more reliable than a scale and the water/pms changes we ladies deal w/....I've been there too and it makes me nuts so yup...my trusted tape measure is what I do!

hugs and good luck!
    Ali
  • Wantabe
    Wantabe Posts: 50 Member
    I can relate to your plight. My body is reacting the same way. I, too, measure and have lost some inches but it is so depressing to not see the needle move on the scales or when it does move its up and down -never anything steady. All I can recommend is the tape measure. I guess one will lose so many inches one can fit into an 8P and weigh 200 lbs - RIGHT! Good Luck.:flowerforyou:
  • rethun01
    rethun01 Posts: 167
    That's why I've always heard to only weigh in once a week. Its hard to not step n that scale every morning, but if you weigh in on the same day at the same time every week you'll get a more accurate number. Or at least that is what my trainer told me.