I need help! Please! What am I doing wrong?

1235»

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    I do my workouts at night. It's the only way I can squeeze them in. Sometimes they aren't until really late. I don't know if that's good or not but I'm sure exercising is better than not doing anything at all.

Only bad if it effects your sleeping ability, getting you all pumped up and energetic.
    Or if it causes you to overeat because you got really hungry, and the calorie burn allowance wasn't enough.

Some people find one workout type makes them tired, one type wakes them up.

I'm up anyway, might as well workout late if it fits in.
  • Thanks for the advice I will keep it in mind.
  • emphoto2003
    emphoto2003 Posts: 37 Member
    UPDATE: I increased my calorie intake by 350 calories and lost 3lbs this week! I have also stopped skipping meals and added more veggies and fruits! Thanks for the help everyone!
  • kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    UPDATE: I increased my calorie intake by 350 calories and lost 3lbs this week! I have also stopped skipping meals and added more veggies and fruits! Thanks for the help everyone!

Yay
  • shmo1969
    shmo1969 Posts: 85 Member
    Change up your exercise to keep you body guessing, it gets used to what you usually do and will stop working. Cardio is great for initial calorie loss and heart health, but once you stop exercising you stop buring calories. Add in some weight training for an all day calorie burn, the more muscle you build the more calories and fat you burn just sitting. Good luck!! :)
  • Marie31450
    Marie31450 Posts: 96 Member
    Cardio alone isn't always enough..I recently started to mix up my cardio..Zumba,treadmill,bike and elliptical and also added weight training. Make sure you're drinking lots of water and also track your sodium . Too much will retain fluid. Also, make healthier food choices add more fruits and veggies and try eating 6 small meals a day instead of three.I'm finally starting to see the scale move..so don't get discouraged!
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Have you tried changing up your daily macros? I was stuck until I reduced my carbs. I also increased my fiber goals, and watch my sodium carefully to avoid bloating and water retention.

I agree with the others that adding in strength training is important to weight loss. Muscle burns more calories than fat, so the more muscle you have the higher your metabolism is going to be, ergo the more fat you'll burn when at rest.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    First, none of these BMR or other calculators take into consideration the amount of muscle you have so basically unless you know, they are all wrong.

Second, you are eating too little protein. Cut your carbs and up that. Get your carbs from veggies and fruits.

Third, if you chronic cardio, stop it. Add weights. Even if you can lose all your weight on cardio you will have less muscle when you are done and that will lower your BMR.

Contrary to what people throw around, BMR is about many things -- age, height, weight and LEAN MUSCLE. You can't fix the age, height and sometimes weight but you have all the control in the world over the lean muscle.
  • KALMdown
    KALMdown Posts: 211 Member
    Get a HRM. I find that MFP overestimates my calories burned by A LOT on all my workouts. Second, incorporate weights 3x a week and cardio 3x a week into your workouts. Cardio alone won’t cut it. If you have been doing the same thing over and over eventually it will stop working. You need different types of cardio so get creative. 3rd Look into HIIT or ladders as well. You can read about them online. 4th make sure you are tracking everything accurately. With these equations, you should be loosing. Try investing in a scale for your food. 5th think about a body fat tester and a measuring tape instead of a scale. Those are more accurate.

These are just some ideas but really play around with them and see where you go. If I were you I wouldn’t eat more though. 1800 is pretty good. I might even go down 100 calories to play with it and see what my body does. It is calories in vs. calories burnt. Something isn’t mathematically adding up here.

^This. MFP does overestimate calorie burn. Even my Timex HRM overestimates, so I enter it at 50% of what it says. MFP I enter it at 66% of what it says. And I also agree with mixing up your work out and definitely adding weight training/ resistance training.