Fruit - do you eat it??

Replies

• cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Fruit = Nomnomnomnom.
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    i forking love fruit. LOVE IT. i don't believe you understand. i LO v e FRUIT.
    frozen grapes, strawberries, mangos, ugh i could carry on but i shan't
    eat more fruit !!!!
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    I love fruit but the sugar (I'm assuming it's the sugar) makes me hungry so these days I limit it to strawberries and blueberries with breakfast. Maybe in a few months I'll try adding back a wider variety of fruits and see how I make out.
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    I love fruit!!!

I saw comment somewhere once that read "bananas are a calorie bomb" :noway:

Um, the Coke is a calorie bomb.
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    i forking love fruit. LOVE IT. i don't believe you understand. i LO v e FRUIT.
    frozen grapes, strawberries, mangos, ugh i could carry on but i shan't
    eat more fruit !!!!
    Are we related?
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    I usually eat more fruit than veggies. The weird thing is I like to eat veggies more than I do fruit. My favorite fruits are apples, bananas, cantaloupe, grapes, blueberries, honeydew, kiwi, and pineapple. My favorite veggies are broccoli, green beans, corn, peas, zucchini, carrots, and cauliflower
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Fruits are "expensive" in calories?

1 peach--38 calories'
    1 cup of strawberries--49 calories
    1 apple--72 calories
    1 cup of grapes--62 calories
    1 orange--81 calories
    1 cup of pineapple--74 calories
    1 cup of cherries--74 calories

Not sure what the problem is?
  • I don't bother with fruit. It takes up too many calories, carbs and sugars. I'd rather go without and have a multi vitamin ;)
  • I love blueberries. I eat them frozen, in my cereal, in yogurt, on french toast. I eat some every single day. Also love bananas.
  • heartofviolet
    heartofviolet Posts: 119 Member
    Oh, I LOVE fruit! I used to be more picky (like, I wouldn't eat raspberries because there were "too many seeds"), and I was adamant that I liked vegetables way more than fruit, but now I don't know. Lately I've just been eating so much fruit that I wouldn't before and I find that I love the taste of most fruit. Probably because so much of it is in season--blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, cherries, grapes, peaches... LOVE it. Yeah, fruit can be high in calories but--it's better than chocolate if you're in want of something sweet, right?

Whatever. Fruits and veggies--it's all healthy, it's all good. :)
  • I eat very little fruit. I will eat 1 fruit a day...anything more than that makes me gain....:cry:
  • Kasya007
    Kasya007 Posts: 165 Member
    I LOVE fruit, nearly all of it (with the exception of melons, blech). That is, unless I'm near goal & trying to cut body fat, then it has to go. Damned sugars, the minute I cut them out I started seeing visible results and fast. As delicious as it is, I swear that stuff is nature's junk food. :laugh:
  • crys_m
    crys_m Posts: 12 Member
    i dont like alot of fruit but i do like fruit salad so ill buy different kind of berries and grapes and then make minute maid fruit juice (various kinds you can make) mix together. Great for work lunches or something to munch on during the day
  • fnm101
    fnm101 Posts: 116 Member
    I don't dislike fruit, but it's definitely not my favorite thing (overall). If I had to choose between veggies and fruit, I would usually choose the former, with a few exceptions----blackberries, blueberries, (good & sweet) strawberries, and melons.
  • Yes!!
    I love it!

I love mangos, clementines, watermelon, grapes, and berries. If I want something sweet, I usually turn to fruit instead where before I would go for chocolate bars etc. Fruit is much healthier.
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    I could just eat fruit but I've had to cut back. I think fruit is pretty low in calories but I can eat a lot of fruit.
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    I love fruit!! NAture's candy!

I make a lot of smoothies (love my Ninja!) made with blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, bananas, apples, mandarin oranges, grapes, and of course coffee beans! WOW...I know coffee is not a fruit but mocha coffee goes so well with fruit! YUMMY!

Anyway, I love my fruit!! Hope you can find ways to add it into your diet!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Yes, I have fruit before bed.
    Usually consists of a pear, a clementine and some plums currently, but also sometimes an apple and apricots, sometimes blueberries and cherries. I love fruit.
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Fruits are "expensive" in calories?

1 peach--38 calories'
    1 cup of strawberries--49 calories
    1 apple--72 calories
    1 cup of grapes--62 calories
    1 orange--81 calories
    1 cup of pineapple--74 calories
    1 cup of cherries--74 calories

Not sure what the problem is?

^^THAT^^
  • Love it. I used to have about 7 servings everyday and then I realised that it's loaded with sugar so I had to cut back, which made me sad all day. Still love it though! Especially mango.