Can a Big Man Get Some Love??!!

13»

Replies

• I totally feel you. I have always said I would love to run and love running. I have horrible knees though and so the thought of running 3 minutes is incredible sounding to me. I hope as I lose weight I will be able to attempt running. Sounds like you are doing fantastic. Keep up the good work and don't quit. 1 stinkin' pound at a time will evenutally add up. Please feel free to add me as a friend.:smile:
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Oh I sooooo remember that feeling of hitting 3 minutes straight. When I started a year ago I could only reach 30 seconds! You are doing GREAT!!!! Hang in there. I can now run 13 miles. Your patience and determination will pay off.
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Be proud of yourself. You're doing it. You're getting up and moving. That is very inspiring to me. I started over 300lbs, and like you, I have never set limits on myself. Dedication and hard work pays off. Stay focused and before you know it you'll be running your first marathon!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Dude! That's AWESOME! With a go-get-'em attitude like that, you are going to be unstoppable! WOOT!
  • tatorb
    tatorb Posts: 16
    Good on you Brosef!!! Keep the faith!

Tatorb
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Woot Woot! Keep on rockin man. You sir are awesome.
  • ChrissieNer
    ChrissieNer Posts: 29 Member
    GO BIGDADDY!!! Your enthusiasm and determination is awesome!! Running can be hard on the body - so please be sure you have good running shoes, and check with your doc if you have any issues or concerns along the way. :)
  • Keep up with the great attitude. I started out at 334 in mid January and have lost 78 after I found this site. Just wanted to say that in order to keep going, attitude has a big part in it. Don't get down on yourself if you have a bad day. S....happens to us all. Just get back on the trail of success. Have fun with it too....
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Runners run. Period. Lacing up your shoes and getting out there makes you a runner, so you, my friend, are already a runner. The running community welcomes you :)
    [/quote]

^^ This, for sure! Good for you!
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Love on ya and keep up the good work....you too shall get where you want to get and you'll be runnin!!!!:drinker:
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Good on you! Keep up the hard work!

By the way, no more belittling yourself! If running for 3 minutes non stop is an accomplishment for you, CONGRATS! Don't compare yourself to others. It only takes away from your own milestones. :)
  • newCourtney
    newCourtney Posts: 168 Member
    Great job!!! That is fabulous! You deserve mad love and props for what you are doing!
  • wyld4eva
    wyld4eva Posts: 58 Member
    That is awesome,
  • Great Job to you and your wife! You are doing a great job, take it slow and don't push too hard. 3 minutes is 3 minutes better than before! I say do what your body lets you and you will continue to get better. I have a cousin that is also working on his weight and doing a great job at it.. I am so proud of him, and he is a big man too... I do believe he has lost over 70lbs so far and exercising daily.. Take it easy and would love to add you and your wife to my friends list!
  • Awesome job! You and your wife should be proud! My husband supports me like that. When I first started walking I couldn't even go up a hill without gasping and even though he's already ran he'd do it all over for me. Of course sometimes he had to hold my hand and drag me over the hill but it worked:)
    Good luck to both of you and keep us posted! Feel free to add me as a friend for support!
  • wyld4eva
    wyld4eva Posts: 58 Member
    That is AWESOME, YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep it up. I feel ya I am just starting to use the elliptical and it really kicked my butt. I felt like I was gonna die after 6 mins now I can do between 15-23 mins straight. I think you are doing great and hope you keep it up. feel free to add me as a friend everyone can use all the support they can get.
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Um, I don't like your enthusiastic, positive attitude....

Just kidding, that's very awesome dude! And very impressive, but you don't have to beg for love here man, the ladies come to you.

Play on playa.....:bigsmile:
  • xxempress
    xxempress Posts: 122
    Oh, yes you can!!!! Any time;)
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    nice work, keep it up and don't forget strength training. I'm over 300 finished couch to 5k a few months ago then got lazy. time to do it again.

keep it up but don't do more than you can handle to start