Upper vs. Lower Frustration

Options
I'm hoping someone else is having/has had this issue and can give me some advice.

Yeah, my body shape is changing all right, but not evenly. My hips, thighs and butt are falling off which is YAY, but here's the problem. My waist and abs aren't keeping up. So I still have to wear my size 22 jeans because of my waist, but they are SO baggy in my butt/legs that it looks rediculous. :sad:

Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions on how I can get my waist/abs to keep up with the rest of me??

Thanks!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• jules080670
    jules080670 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hula hoop?? That supposed to be amazing for the waistline! I do it on the wii as I can't keep a real one up!
  • JENLHCOMER
    JENLHCOMER Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy the hula hoop on the Wii also! I am having the same problem though. My hips/butt are bigger than any other part of my body. My pants are very butt saggy and loose in the legs and waist but they fit my hips! I also have lost more up top. My boobs are shrinking in a bad way. Any ideas on that?
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    'you can't spot reduce'

is a common phrase around here.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I feel for you - I'm the same! Unfortunately, we can't choose where to lose from, and there aren't any exercises that will specifically reduce fat from a certain area. You just have to reduce fat in general, and eventually it'll come off around your waist. Usually, the first place you gain weight is the last place to lose. For women, it's often the hip/thigh area, but for us unlucky ones, it's the middle.