Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Replies

• nicholsvj
    nicholsvj Posts: 220 Member
    Hey all - I found you! Hopefully the moderators will be able to make a link. Sorry I wasn't around earlier to help send out messages.

I had a no fitness Friday. Today was my day to go run and lift. I also got Mirena today (for those of you that don't know, it's a IUD that will hopefully stop my periods in a few months). And WOW - so much more painful than I was expecting! So needless to say, I doubled up the Naproxen and didn't think running would be a good idea. Ended up falling asleep for a few hours.

Goal for tomorrow is to get up, get to the gym and then come home and deep clean the house. I have one more "easy" week, then I start working 7am-7pm shifts Mon-Saturday for 2 weeks then Mon-Fri for 2 weeks. I can't imagine I'll be doing much but sleeping when I come home. I also am going to make a grocery and meal plan so I can come home and eat healthy and quick instead of junk...b/c I am sure there will still be plenty of junk over the next month.

I'm mostly worried about breakfast. I'll have to leave the house around 615am and probably will end up eating in the car a lot. I love my morning oatmeal or cereal and yogurt but that's not really safe to eat at 80mph ;) Any suggestions?
  • CathEsh
    CathEsh Posts: 135 Member
    Well, OK...I started back to work this week after having the summer off, haven't found time to get on this thread, and feel like I missed something! Anyway, thanks lauriek70 for the e-mail. I have been absolutely swamped getting back into the swing of school! I've managed to get up early every morning and take my little dog for a walk before work then take her for a walk when I get home. I haven't found time to ride my bike every day but managed to get a bike ride in a couple days this week. Ideally, I like to take my morning walk, evening walk, and evening bike ride but with everything going on with the start of school, it has been difficult to get that bike ride in! I have a long bike ride planned for tomorrow, though! :happy: I was up 2 pounds two weeks ago and don't know why, so I am just trying to keep at it as best I can and hope to start going the other way again soon!
  • monarchris
    monarchris Posts: 262 Member
    You can try but you can't lose me that easy:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Ok- signing off for the night. Robin I agree, I think we got most of the people. I did send kinnurse, akelts and kah68 a message as well.

I went back through the part 1 and tried to find the regulars we had not seen in a while.

Have a great night and you have worked very hard on this thank you. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • monarchris
    From the previous topic:
    @Raven - Your dog bit you??? He looks so sweet in your ticker pic. I am sorry you have to deal with that! Chin up! You will be dancing again in no time!

He is a sweety. He didn't bite me, his claws caught the back of my knee and tore it up pretty good. He was half asleep and clambored up on the bed, stepped on my knee and then slipped. I've got a pretty sizable gash that stings like hell- I can't bend my knee without it sticking together and then pulling apart. It sucks but it was an unfortunate accident. I cleaned it out with some rubbing alcohol and then put neosporin on it so it shouldn't take too long to heal (I hope lol)

I had my son's lab do a number behind both my knees with an expandable leash, boy had a terrible burn for several days, hate getting tangled up in those things.

Christine
  • monarchris
    I forgot to thank you Robin and Laura for letting me know about the thread. I really depend on this bunch too much to lose you all.

I made 2 great meals today, 1 was a tofu stir-fry with green peppers, carrots and broccoli over brown rice and then for supper baked tilapia with fresh lime juice and garlic with a nuked sweet potato. Who knew eating healthy could be so good!!!

Have a blessed weekend everyone.

Christine
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Ok- signing off for the night. Robin I agree, I think we got most of the people. I did send kinnurse, akelts and kah68 a message as well.

I went back through the part 1 and tried to find the regulars we had not seen in a while.

Have a great night and you have worked very hard on this thank you. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

A BIG HUG to you, Laurie, thanks so much for going through part 1. I really appreciate that! I will skim through Part 1 as well ! :heart: :heart:
  • Taratruex
    Taratruex Posts: 215 Member
    Friday Fitness- not much fitness going on over here. Today I started a family vacation to Santa Cruz Ca. Should be lots of fun! I am trying to get back into the swing of things on the thread here. Right now I'm enrolled in school and it's been going pretty well. I really should make sure I dedicate time to myself and by doing that I would like to come here. So that's what I'm going to try to work on. Also, I know this is not good for my diet or lifestyle change but, chocolate covered bacon is to die for! I couldn't help myself today. I hope to take a jog on the beach and burn off some of those calories but right now I have a huge headache.
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Well I get a little headache and take a nap and miss a bunch of drama apparently:ohwell: Just want to say ty to Robin and Laura for messaging me. I am not computer savvy and moght not have ever found you all again :cry: I can already tell the difference this time from other times on the weight loss journey that the support from all of you is making. Would have hated to lose that. I am going to go have a late dinner now so goodnight all and see ya'll tomaorrow.
  • Many thanks, Robin, for the message. Found you guys, yay!

I walked today outside my building at lunchtime, including up a hill on the way back. It wasn't much, but I did it.

I'm off to DC tomorrow (actually today Sat - I'm doing laundry now so I have clean clothes to pack), will be back on Thursday.

I can log my food and exercise on the phone but I haven't been able to get to the message boards - is there a way to do that from an iPhone?
  • Hyzaarc
    Hyzaarc Posts: 67 Member
    I'm going to make this my final post for the night.
    Quick Friday:
    -Experimented with my breakfast, found out if I froze Yoplait yogurt it tasted like ices.
    - Decided when I'm out of my little bit of a depression hump to exercise a few days a week.

NSV's for the Day;
    -Saw my toes for the first time in years.
    - Completed my 28th day of logging and MFP/Diet

Saturday's weigh in was a day early since I was a day late last week;
    -241.2 lbs (-11.6 from SW).
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    i'm sorry. had a family emergency. what is going on now? is page six still needing to be done? and by page six what do you mean? the people who made comments on page six.

Page 6 is taken care of thanks anyway Toots. I think Laurie and I have gotten most all of the names. I will go over it once more and double check. I am starting from Page 1 and going forward now.

Hope hte family emergency wasn't too bad. Every body ok?

oh it's kind of a mess. my family is really so ghetto. as i have mentioned before i didn't grow up in the best neighborhoods, lots of trailer parks and very rough apartment complexes. My mom still lives in those kinds of places. she should have learned by now not to get involved in neighborhood fights, but she decided to go outside and try to take up her next door neighbor's cause when she was fighting with the guy who lives at the end of the section. so she said something to the man's wife about how she almost ran over her kid because she lets the kid ride his tricycle around in the parking lot of the complex all the time without ever watching him. actually i've almost run him over before too. but anyway, apparently that was offensive to her and she attacked my mother. she is 20 and my mother is 60. she slammed her into a wall and then started kicking her when she was on the ground.

so of course the cops were called and the girl and her husband or boyfriend were charged with battery. the ambulance came and checked out my mom. we took some pictures for court. and i'm pissed at that girl and annoyed at my mother. she should really know better. i have no idea what she was thinking. but anyway, the paramedics said she's just a little banged up and she has like rug burn or whatever from the stucco walls. so anyway, yeah, it's all drama all the time over there. i really do not miss being a trailer park princess. my husband and i own property out in the country and we're considering trying to force my mom to move up there. i don't know if she will though. we can't really afford to help her any more than we do and she's disabled and all her money comes from us and from the government so she can't afford a better place. anyway, it no one is permanently hurt or anything, but it's a real cluster over there.
  • regojess
    regojess Posts: 28 Member
    Thanks for the heads up on the forum location change. I missed what happened I left my last message on somewhere around page 9, I think, then went to bed.

*nichols Maybe a banana and a squeezy tube of yogurt. Don't know how those taste though but would be more convenient. I too will have food issues starting next week on TU &TH. I need to get down to the bus stop by 615 to get to my 8 o'clock class. So, I too need to figure out how to fit in breakfast because I don't like to get up early. But I think I'll just have to so I can make my lunch too. No hamburger meals and loco moco's for me this year where going homemade.

Anyway for my Friday fitness.... I have been walking just about everyday. I'll walk up my road to the end and back down which is 2 miles sometimes I'll continue past my house to the "bridge" and back up to my house which makes it 3 miles. Then I also try to make sure I walk my dogs which is somewhere around another quarter mile I think. I walk each of them separately I only have one collar. :laugh: but it makes my walks easier and I also get more exercise that way.

For my weekend.... I decided not to do the 5k tomorrow and instead of paying $35 to them I'll just walk my 3 mile walk and make sure to time it so I know how long it takes me. Then I'll probably do it again on Sunday.

:drinker: Hope everyone's drinking their water. I gotta work on up'ing mine I'm averaging about 4 cups a day.:drinker:
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Thank you *so* much for contacting me! Good to be back with you guys.

I've been by the seaside for a few days, at a second folk festival. That made seven successive days where I was getting 50% of my calories from beer. Oops. At any rate, I haven't gained weight and might even have lost a little, so as holidays go, it was quite a good one. The campsite was up the hill away from the sea in Broadstairs, and all the concerts were down the hill in the town, so I did over 10k steps a day, lots of up and down hill, mostly carrying my instrument, and a good bit of dancing.

I also came down with a cold. I now take a drug that seems to make colds and other minor infections worse. Serves me right for complaining about my husband's 'man flu' all these years. At any rate, I'm now coddling myself and not worrying about exercise at all for a day or two.

@toots I'm worried too for your mum now! I do hope you can persuade her to move somewhere safer.
  • RobinsEgg
    Nichols - Maybe you could get into microwaving some eggs before you leave for your drive? It only take 60 secs to micro 2 eggs, and with some sharp shredded cheddar cheese, is scrumptious. Plus the eggs go down fast, and as protein, would last you longer than other breakfasts.

Toots - your mom sounds like a typical mom - can't ignore another woman getting pushed around. God love her. Sorry to hear she got hurt. Hugs to her. Nice to hear you help support her, what a good daughter you are. :heart:

Bohemian Coast - sounds like a lovely holiday -

Glad everyone found the new thread!
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    I'd like to join...

Saturday:: This week I worked out with the trainer 3x instead of 2x. I signed up for 3x next week also, since next saturday I am participating in the Warrior Dash ;)

Nice to meet you!
  • Bigaug
    Bigaug Posts: 395 Member
    Trying to read posts but Walter da cat is in my lap with his motor running butt in my face, the weiner DannyBoy is on my hip nudging my elbow, "Get to rubbing the weiner," and Dale da greyt greyhound is lying on my feet crying, "I wanna go to the park." Critters is a joy and pain.

You can close the group and make it open to member invitations. I belong to 2 other groups I was invited by members to join. Just saying.

Saturday success - The scale finally moved in the right direction! I got on the scale last Saturday and was shocked by another big gain. I changed my diary, started being more careful about portions, and stopped eating exercise calories and BLAMMO!!! the needle moved on Thursday. Wuhu! I rock!

aug
  • HeatheraRyan
    HeatheraRyan Posts: 55 Member
    Bump
  • RobinsEgg
    BigAug - You do Rock - congrats on the weight loss. Yes, I also find I cannot eat my exercise calories back. Give a skritch to Walter, DannyBoy and Dale for me. :flowerforyou:
  • Abk2bhealthy
    Abk2bhealthy Posts: 55 Member
    Thank so much Laurie and Naceto for the messages. Huge thanks to you Robin for all that you do. crazy to just lick on the forum like that. I lost a long post, but here goes. I finally caught up on reading. I went back to work two weeks ago and fell woefully behind. My school had the Dean of Students, 3 different head resource teachers, and 4 teachers quit last week. Plus the AP is on maternity leave. No one completed the schedules. I had been made department head of language arts and have 9 new teachers with 6 being first year teachers. It has been crazy hectic!
    Saturday Successes: I have stayed under my calorie goal every day this week. I only got home with time to workout twice, but have doubled my steps at work, including many stairs. I have moved furniture, unloaded boxes, and delivered textbooks burning some great calories.
    My goal next week is to be able to leave at a decent time and workout daily.
    Congratulations to those with successes. My prayers are with those sick or with pain. My prayers are also with all of the caregivers. For those struggling, remember that talking about and acknowledging the struggles are still a part of the learning process to great health. Remember to cheer yourself every time you do not succumb to temptation.

A breakfast thought: I made mini crustless quiches in a muffin tray- layer meat, veg, cheese in a Pam coated muffin tin. Whisk 5 eggs with 1/4 cup milk and seasonings (I add cayenne, salt, pepper, and parsley flakes). Spoon evenly over. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. I had ham with cheddar, bacon with onion, spinach, and Swiss. Takes a minute to warm and they are about 100 calories a piece. Plan to try some as