How much do you pay for your gym?

124»

Replies

• Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Thanks for all the info. I'm thinking of joining Lucille Roberts on a no contract deal - it's about $45 a month that way - it's a bit of a distance, but they have 6 zumba classes a week. Today I am going to a free trial at New York Sports club for a Zumba class. I have to listen to the pitch first, but they are $79 a month and only have 2 zumba classes a week - I could try spinning though. It's around the corner from where I live.

Just a warning, the SC gyms (I have a WSC nearby) are heavy pick up joints. I didn't even the one near me because I'm more interested in working out than seeing people flaunt their stuff.
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    I'm a member at KGV in Sydney and pay about $12 a week (after Corporate discount).

Originally I started going there to play basketball which was $5 for court entry and I went there twice a week. Figured I could use the gym a few times a week too and now only pay an extra $2 a week to get access to the gym and all group classes including Zumba, Body Pump etc.

I'll definitely echo what people have said about lock in contracts - avoid them!
  • ciobair
    ciobair Posts: 69
    We paid around $130 a month for the 2 of us to be members of the Alaska Club.
  • heytherestephy
    heytherestephy Posts: 356 Member
    I live in Ontario, Canada but I was paying $52/month for the YMCA membership which included pool, classes (there were some that weren't included but most were) and the gym/weight room.
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    £70 a month and I am going to use the hell out of it now!!!!
  • wazzuteacher
    wazzuteacher Posts: 5 Member
    FREE! I bought all of my equipment on Craigslist! No need for a gym. Just another chance for people to bother you when you are working on yourself.
  • Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    I join the YMCA oh my I was so surprise. It has everything: aqua aerobice, aqua zumba, regular zumba, a weight room, pool, RPM classes, yoga, body pump, inside track, lots of machines,and much more. I'm just loving it. Oh yeah it also has locker rooms for males and females (large locker rooms) with a TV and wet and dry sanuas basketball and racquetball courts and they have personal trainers there. I pay $28 per month
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    We pay $72 for our local YMCA. It has tons of classes, Zunba, Les Mills, TRX, etc. They have child watch, summer camp, swimming, etc. Full pool, locker rooms, saunas, and hot tub.

We have a family membership, single was around $25.
  • 30 bucks a month in cali.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    I have 24 Hour Fitness. My dad bought me the 2 year membership from Costco for my graduation. It was less than $300 and takes care of all your enrollment and everything for 2 years.
  • wattsj56
    wattsj56 Posts: 94
    I have my own apartment so I work out for free :)
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    I pay 120$ per month for bootcamp classes ($15/class)

I once had a gym membership and it only cost 80$ a year. But 4 months later, I stopped going and got fat. I've been doing the bootcamp since June 2011, I made new friends and my trainer is quite motivating. It is different every week.
  • astheygrowup
    astheygrowup Posts: 188 Member
    They are more expensive here in NC too. Our local gym (the only one in town) is $78 a month, and if i want daycare (with a 4yo i will need it) it will be $83!! I don't think i will be joining anytime soon :(

Yep. I'm in NC and for a month it's $60, plus daycare at the gym is an additional $25 so $85 a month. I got it for the summer so the kids could use the pool but can't afford to renew it. I just workout at home.