My girls

These are my girls. The one getting the piggyback ride is Nahani. She is the one that passed away a week before her 16th birthday. I named her Nahani after reading a true book about a silver wolf, leader of a pack in Northern B.C. I just wanted to show her to you. My other daughter is the one that is a vegan and likes to do crazy things with me, like get our noses pierced, dance around together, and dye our hair strange colours.

You don't have to worry about posting. :smile:

Replies

• redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    These are my girls. The one getting the piggyback ride is Nahani. She is the one that passed away a week before her 16th birthday. I named her Nahani after reading a true book about a silver wolf, leader of a pack in Northern B.C. I just wanted to show her to you. My other daughter is the one that is a vegan and likes to do crazy things with me, like get our noses pierced, dance around together, and dye our hair strange colours.

You don't have to worry about posting. :smile:
  • im gonna post anyways, cause it moved me...

they are beautiful...like thier mother. Seems to me they are two special girls that know they have been, and are loved. one of the most important things in life, that people don't always realize...
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    :bigsmile: I know I don't have to post but I enjoy hearing about everyones families. You have beautiful daughters just like yourself. You sound like you have so much fun with them and that is truly special. We should all be lucky to have relationships with our children like you have with your daughters.

Thanks for sharing.

My pic is of my daughter at her winter dance last year.

Eve
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    I am posting too.
    I am sorry for the loss of your daughter. I can not even start to understand the greif you must feel.
    God must have needed a beautiful Angel. :brokenheart:
    --Diann...
  • redalee
    You guys! Beautiful is a funny word to me - quirky, perhaps. hee hee
    Look at me in the morning, all bleary eyed, no make-up, you might have another thought. lol
    My girls were pretty though. Now Robin has shaved her head, haven't seen her yet. She comes home at Christmas. She works in the bush, so just sticks a toque on her head anyway. Interesting, yes :huh:
    And thanks for all the love and care from everyone :heart:

Eve, she's a cutie. Must be the one into art, huh?
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    She's a one and only girl for us so yes she is. She is preparing for a play right now so that will be fun. Getting all dressed up and all. But she does love all art. It must be in the genes she has a grandma that had a gallery and several others who have dabbled in many different arts.

My boys are just a couple of hams. lol

Eve
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    They're so cute red.
    I'm sorry for your loss but she's your angel with wings now... she was your angel w/o wings here on earth:heart:

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,939 Member
    Hello, my friend redalee,

You and I had to let someone go too soon. So sorry about Nahani - they are both beautiful girls. My father died on my 16th birthday (he was 41).

I love the picture of the girls! They look so happy to be together. I hope your other daughter survives the trip back into "civilization". She has been on my mind, too. I so wish I could do something to reach her -but we all make our own way, I suppose.

You're not shaving your head, too, are ya? (Seems I remember a fuschia-hair-blue-hair party you two had recently, eh?) Post the picture of both of you if you do. :wink:

~cmriverside AKA cheryl
  • redalee
    Hi Cheryl:

Sorry about your dad. They are always on our minds aren't they. Never really leave in our memories and we walk around with it - but it can be a good thing...expands our hearts. I heard someone say the other day, that you can take it all in and get angry or bitter, or you can let it out by giving out to others. It still hurts like crazy though.
    All three of us, Bob, Robin and I are going to Goma, Congo in January to do some building at orphanages, so that will be part of our healing process, to give a helping hand where needed. It's funny, I said to Robin, I feel so broken sometimes that I don't know how I could help anybody, and she with her age old wisdom, said "You're not going there to be Mother Theresa, they'll give you some of the healing you'll need. Learn from them."

No, I don't think I'll shave my head. My dad was a Kojak , so think I might look too much like him with my big nose and wide forehead. lol I'll remember him in other ways. hee hee.:laugh:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,939 Member
    redalee,

That sounds great! And I think Robin is right - you will be healed a bit by seeing and helping those chldren. What a great idea. They will give you so much love: and something tells me this won't be your only trip to see them.

:heart: cm