I just want a grilled cheese and fries

I'm sorry - I had to say it to someone. It's all I can think about this morning. Grilled cheese and fries, grilled cheese and fries, grilled cheese and fries.
Thanks.

Replies

• pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Oh stop! Your making me hungry!
  • Sephs
    Sephs Posts: 9
    I've been craving KFC since Monday, it's my one weakness!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    if you want it i said go get it (moderation is the key) or you could make a healthy version of the grilled cheese and make sweet potato fries(YUMMY)
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Grilled cheese on wheat bread with a small amount of cheese and spray on butter or smart balance or none at all.... and sweet potato fries or maybe you will be satisfied after the sandwich :smile:

~Leash :heart:
  • All I want is a beefy 5-layer cheesy burrito from Taco Bell and a Mt. Dew!!!! BLAH!!!!! NO NO NO!!! Better to say it here then go out and eat it!!!
  • omg now I want a grilled cheese!!!!
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    well if you buy light wheat bread its only 70 calories and then fat free cheese 1 slice is only 30. and then if you were to use I cant believe its not butter which has no calories at all...its only 130 calories if you use 2 slices of cheese!!! thats not bad at all....but about the fries...there's no going healthy with those lol
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Last night on one of my favorite shows, Nip/Tuck, one of the characters was eating a huge pile of deep-fried chicken skin. I know it sounds gross, but I have been craving it ever since.
  • Sometimes you have to give in to a craving to be able to keep going. I say go for it but don't go overboard and get back on track after.
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    I say eat the healthier version too. We make white or sweet potato fries all of the time in the oven. Just cut them into fry shapes and bake until they're as done as you want them. It helps to spray on some olive oil or Pam, and top with a little salt. Delicious!
  • Romba
    Romba Posts: 164 Member
    Then eat a grilled cheese and fries!! If your body wants something it is craving it because it is lacking something that is in whatever food you crave. Grilled cheese and fries wont be that bad if you bake the frozen crinkle fries (mind the serving size). And grill you a sandwich girl!!!

just be good for the rest of the day. If you work out, you can make up for some of the calories.
  • I say eat the healthier version too. We make white or sweet potato fries all of the time in the oven. Just cut them into fry shapes and bake until they're as done as you want them. It helps to spray on some olive oil or Pam, and top with a little salt. Delicious!

We do too. You have to try them sprinkled with Old Bay. :tongue:
  • mistydcox
    mistydcox Posts: 11 Member
    We use the Sara Lee Delightful wheat bread only 45 cals a slice, then spray butter the Parkay brand from Walmart, some garlic salt for flavor on the spray butter, then 2 slices of Kraft fat free cheese slices... it is the bomb! Only 140 cals too! You could have two if you wanted! :)
  • Cassaaaaandra
    Cassaaaaandra Posts: 184 Member
    If I want something that bad - I just measure out a sensible portion and eat it. If I don't I'll binge later. Satisfy the craving before you do something drastic!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    if you want it i said go get it (moderation is the key) or you could make a healthy version of the grilled cheese and make sweet potato fries(YUMMY)

We have grilled cheese and sp fries once a week at our house. Go get it!

Ore Ida Zesty twirls aren't too bad either.

Just don't eat any fries from a FF joint.
  • I'd say go get it, but as Ittybittybadonkadonk says, moderation is what you need. If you want a grilled cheese, side it with a cup of raw broccoli, jicama or chopped mushrooms. To help your body feel satisfied sooner and assimilate the nutrients better chew slowly and enjoy every bite. You can also add a fruit as a healthy dessert.
  • kalmf
    kalmf Posts: 351 Member
    Thanks y'all. It felt wonderful to just say it out loud. What's Old Bay?
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    All I want is a beefy 5-layer cheesy burrito from Taco Bell and a Mt. Dew!!!! BLAH!!!!! NO NO NO!!! Better to say it here then go out and eat it!!!

Tomorrow is my Mountian Dew Day. I can't wait.
  • Thanks y'all. It felt wonderful to just say it out loud. What's Old Bay?

www.oldbay.com
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    I had a fantastic grilled cheese and tomato sandwich last week. 2 pieces of Earth Grains Wheat Berry (100 cals each -- lots of protein & fiber), 1 ounce 2% cheddar, 1/2 tbs land o lakes light spreadable butter, and about half of a medium tomato. YUM! We'll put that at about 330 calories

For the fries, cut a potato into sticks (leave that skin on!), spray cookie sheet with nonstick spray, place potato sticks, spray them with the nonstick spray, salt, pepper, whatever other seasoning you want, bake @ 400*F or so for about 25-30 minutes flipping halfway through, and you've got yourself some fries. You can do the same thing with a sweet potato, of course, and they're equally yummy. About 170 calories for a smallish medium potato (150-180 grams after baking is a generous serving of fries).

So, you're looking at about 450-500 calories for that meal depending on the size of your potato which, in my opinion, is perfectly fine!