• Niktoler
    Niktoler Posts: 11 Member
    Bump
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    bump
  • JosianneC
    JosianneC Posts: 141 Member
    I like the skinny taste website. They also have a page on Pinterest that is dedicated to crock pot recipes:

http://pinterest.com/skinnytaste/skinny-crock-pot-recipes/

Good luck :)

I too, use Skinnytaste for most of my recipes, love it <3
  • BUMP
  • melb2003
    melb2003 Posts: 198
    For A beef stew recipe, I like this one:

3 lbs of angus beef chunks
    5 cups of chopped baby red potatoes
    1 sweet onion
    1 green pepper
    2 cups of chopped carrots
    2 cups of chopped celery
    2 packs of the slow cooker beef stew seasoning
    You may have to add about 3 more cups of water than the directions on the seasoning call for.

This will fill a 16 cup crock pot right to the top. I know it doesn't sounds super healthy but when I created my recipe on MFP and worked in everything exactly how I was doing it, it came to about 200 calories for a cup and it was pretty reasonable for the sodium too. It fills you up so good because of all the beef and potatoes.
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Bumping some deliousness!
  • prjoy98
    prjoy98 Posts: 250 Member
    Wow! So many yummy recipes! My M-I-L gave me a crockpot years ago and I really dont use it to its full potential. Time to change that!! lol
  • leslie0422
    leslie0422 Posts: 108 Member
    I tried this one that I found here on the board last week:

Buffalo Ranch Crockpot Chicken

1lb chicken breast (bonless/skinless)
    1 pkg Hidden Valley Ranch Dip/Dressing mix
    1 bottle Franks Hot WIng Sauce (ZERO CALORIES)

Put the chicken in the crock pot, sprinkle the ranch on top and pour the Franks Hot Sauce on top (as much as you want)

I put it on for 4 hours..

Then I turned it into wraps usin FlatOut (its like a flatbread) (90 calories, 9 grams of protein and 9 grams of dietary fiber)...

Added lettuce, tomato, wrapped it up.

Sounds yummy! I'm putting that on my menu to try next week! We're so busy in my house that I use my crock pot at least once a week so that we have dinner waiting for us when we get home. Thanks for this recipe!
  • leslie0422
    leslie0422 Posts: 108 Member

1 sweet onion
    1 green pepper
    2 cups of chopped celery
    You may have to add about 3 more cups of water than the directions on the seasoning call for.

This will fill a 16 cup crock pot right to the top. I know it doesn't sounds super healthy but when I created my recipe on MFP and worked in everything exactly how I was doing it, it came to about 200 calories for a cup and it was pretty reasonable for the sodium too. It fills you up so good because of all the beef and potatoes.

I make this all the time and it's delicious! Not exactly the same recipe but really you can throw in whatever you like and it will be yummy!
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member

1 sweet onion
    1 green pepper
    2 cups of chopped celery

This is a fall/winter staple in my house. Very good & filling.
  • Mamasota
    Mamasota Posts: 144
    Best low calorie slow cooker dish I have ever found is this one from Weight Watchers (warning - adjust to your taste; it's spicy!)
    http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/RecipePage.aspx?recipeid=121251
  • Mamasota
    Mamasota Posts: 144
    Rump Roast in the Crock Pot

1 Rump Roast
    1 pkg Brown Gravy Mix
    1 pkg Zesty Italian Dressing
    1 pkg Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing
    1 Cup Water
    Chopped Small Onion
    Garlic

Saute a chopped onion in a small amount of olive oil with some chopped garlic.
    When translucent, add to crock pot
    Add meat
    Mix your dry mixes with one cup of water
    Pour over the meat
    Cook in the crock pot all day on low

Can add noodles or par-boiled potatoes to the pot about an hour before the meat is done.

Note: I use 4-5 lb roast & cook for 7-8 hours. Sauté the onion in a sauté pan because it takes too long in the crock pot.
  • lesliefb
    lesliefb Posts: 88 Member
    Great ideas! And really good timing for me.... Pretty soon we'll be starting the school year and I'll have my kids in soccer and dance and other activities, so we'll need some easy recipes we can use to feed the family at different dinner times. Crockpots are perfect for that kind of a day!
  • bump for when I buy one
  • JessMason24
    JessMason24 Posts: 38 Member
    bump!
  • Sherrim13
    Sherrim13 Posts: 12 Member
    bump