Am I the only one trying to gain weight?

Anyone? i will gladly take the weight from the people who are trying to lose it ;)

Replies

• Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Anyone? i will gladly take the weight from the people who are trying to lose it ;)

Read my profile. :drinker:
  • Naw. You're fine. I know a fair few people who can't seem to gain weight no matter what they eat. Don't worry about it and do what you need to do. This is 'my FITNESS pal' not 'my FATNESS pal' after all.
  • I wish I was skinny enough to have to gain wait:(
  • Kagaah
    Kagaah Posts: 8
    My boyfriend is trying to do the exact same, I'm trying to lose two stone, whereas he is trying to gain two stone, it's not fair because no matter how much he eats he always stays really slim! I wish it was possible to swap weight :(
  • naw! us skinny people get lotsa comments too! its not all its made out to be ;)
  • YAY! how have you been doing with your weight gaining? its actually really hard aye?
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    My boyfriend is trying to do the exact same, I'm trying to lose two stone, whereas he is trying to gain two stone, it's not fair because no matter how much he eats he always stays really slim! I wish it was possible to swap weight :(

Just give him half your food to eat.
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    YAY! how have you been doing with your weight gaining? its actually really hard aye?

Its super hard, over 4,000 calories a day and nothing, I am starting to put on some muscle though so thats helping.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    I wish I was skinny enough to have to gain wait:(

Gaining weight is very very hard. I've been on both ends, and gaining is harder when it's a metabolism problem.

I tried so many different things. From eating a dozen donuts a day, to 3 meals and several snacks every day. I still hate donuts and this was over a decade ago.

It wasn't until i was eating *healthy* and square meals getting a bigger portion of everything. I had to eat 2300 cals a day JUST to maintain, it really was not easy. This was when I weighed 97 lbs. When I started incorporating more protein into my diet, (i'd eat a can of tuna every day with some crackers) it started getting better. It took me about a year or so to gain back 15lbs (and had to stuff in 2500 cals) and then over the next year I put on another 10 lbs. It is really hard for me, even now, to eat more than 1600 cals unless I'm drinking/on vacation. My metabolism slowed after 32, I wasn't as active and started drinking more. So now, almost 8 years later... I need to lose it. I hated eating. It was a chore, and not very enjoyable. When you feel thanksgiving day style stuffed day in and day out, it sucks. I hated my fat co-workers telling me I need to "eat more and gain weight" as if they didn't see my huge lunch every single day, and all the extra breaks I had to take to get in more snacks. Hated it. I hated wearing shorts or short sleeved shirts and I lived in GA of all places.

**I did see a nutritionist a few times.. they were of no help! They acted as if I wasn't eating or didn't eat enough. Jesus, the bakery manager put a dzn donuts in my dept. for me every day for several weeks! It wasn't working!
  • wmlpd6
    wmlpd6 Posts: 135
    I'm in the trying to gain club myself
  • LovesGG
    LovesGG Posts: 241 Member
    Nope, I'm using MFP to gain weight. I successfully gained like 15 lbs and I'm going for another 10ish pounds
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    I seriously wish I had your problem. But if you trying to gain is ANYTHING like me trying to lose, I applaud you for being here. Take it one day at a time, and control the controllables.
  • Yes, yes you are.
  • I'm trying to gain too! It's pretty hard when I keep maintaining or losing
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Even if you are, I have much respect for you and everyone else because gaining HEALTHY weight is JUST as hard as losing weight. Best of luck to you! :drinker:
  • I am too! Feel free to add me, it's nice to see some people want to gain as well :)
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    I'm trying to gain muscle and definitely don't want to lose weight :-)
  • berlynn_j
    berlynn_j Posts: 299 Member
    Deal!
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    I'm trying to gain muscle and definitely don't want to lose weight :-)

You look like you're doing good soo far. :drinker:
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    **Also, pasta is your friend, don't go all out on cardio.
    After you work out, get in a good basic lean protein heavy snack/meal.

A bowl of oatmeal and hour before bed can be helpful, so long as it doesn't keep you awake. Try and find something carb heavy you can eat, but doesn't disturb your sleep, either. Muffins also work.

whole milk, granola, boiled eggs, oatmeal, mini bagels & cream cheese are all good staples to have when you feel like eating a bit more.

It is super important that you eat a very good breakfast. Eggs, whole wheat toast and bacon is excellent, and juice is a good way to get in more sugars along with vitamin C. Or a few hard boiled eggs and some oatmeal if you don't have time.