Does anyone else sweat a TON?

Replies

• SO and I sweat so much that when we are done with our workout both of our shirts are basically 100% drenched...lol its annoying but I have gotten used to it
  • ChristyU74
    ChristyU74 Posts: 234 Member
    I sweat like a *kitten* in church!
    This^^^^ Haha!

I sweat profusely, and it hasn't gotten any better as I have gotten more fit. I just wear a dry wicking work out clothes and bring a towel. There is no way that I can workout over my lunch, as my hair is usually dripping wet. Oh, and I only wear black bottoms, or else I totally look like I wet myself!!! :smile:
  • virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    I sweat like it's my damn job. I think I'm abnormally sweaty or something, because when I get done with a run or something it legit looks like I just took a shower in my clothes. Clinical strength anti-perspirant is NO match for what I've got goin' on. Sometimes, I'll look around the gym and think "WHY DOESN'T ANYONE ELSE LOOK LIKE THIS???" I used to take this cardio kickboxing class, and I'd have to stop and mop up the floor around me with a towel so I didn't slip. I require 2 towels during hot yoga class, and I have to wipe my mat down regularly so I don't slip out of a downward dog or something. Ridiculous.

If sweat is my fat crying, then my fat is clinically depressed.

ahahah... clinically depressed fat. love it. but im with u on that. when i do tabe in my room i hve to be careful because i slip sometimes. terrible. shoot, after a workout i hve to sit down and relax after my shower because i sweat as i put my clthes on until i cool off. it sucks for times when im n a rush.
  • I sweat so much my sister-in-law, who is a nurse, asked me if I was okay because I was sweating so much! I felt like a freak so thank you all for admitting to be sweaters too.

BTW _ I love_ "I sweat like a *kitten* in church." I can't wait to tell the hubs about that!
  • Some women get the "dewy" look, but I get the "just got out of the pool" look. I also turn a lovely shade of crimson with even just minimal effort. Thank you, exercise rosacea! I just don't care anymore. Sweat & redness means I'm working out. Don't let the pretty girls in the exercise magazines fool you - NO ONE can put in a really hard workout and not look like a sweaty hot mess. My male friends have assured me, even if sweaty and red-faced, women who are exercising are attractive because it shows they care about their bodies. I carry a hand towel with me when I workout and diligently wipe up my puddles with pride because that means I've put in the right amount of effort. Carry a towel and your shoulders high - you're taking care of your body and it's taking care of you!
  • I sweat a lot even if I don't workout- I have yet to find a deodorant that helps me... :indifferent:

Micholm (dont know if u have it where u are) works wonders. . if not mens deodarant. . usually degree works well. . .

I sweat like a fiend all the time. . . whether im walking working out, cooking, or sitting . . . .some people just have overactive sweat glands. . . the more u sweat, the more toxins and crap come out of ur body so isnt it better to sweat more? the ones to worry about are the ones who dont sweat.
  • Yes and I always have! It was worse when i was 30 lbs heavier, but i still outsweat everyone i know! Wish I didn't...it feels yucky even though i am proud that i work out hard! flowerforyou:
  • jehuster
    jehuster Posts: 168
    I'm not expert just a beginner at this but I would say that sweating is a good thing if you are trying to get into shape. I say the sweatier the better.

:laugh:
  • jiddu17
    jiddu17 Posts: 187 Member
    I sweat more now that I actually move. It's a lil drippy during a workout, but AFTER... OMG, it starts gushing from every pore. I have never soaked my (medium to long) hair from root to tip until the last few months. My face has ALWAYS gotten overly beet red, too. Even in Kindergarten, I remember a relay race where I won, but the entire staff was concerned with how red my face got. Luckily, I mostly don't care, makes me feel like I did something productive to my body, but there are times when it happens during ANY physical activity. Beet red face plus hair soaked like I just stepped out of the shower? So, so hot... :noway:
  • I sweat like a *kitten* in church!
    This^^^^ Haha!

I sweat profusely, and it hasn't gotten any better as I have gotten more fit. I just wear a dry wicking work out clothes and bring a towel. There is no way that I can workout over my lunch, as my hair is usually dripping wet. Oh, and I only wear black bottoms, or else I totally look like I wet myself!!! :smile:

Ditto on the black pants. Seriously glad to know I'm not the only one!
  • I never used to sweat too much...... even after 10 straight miles on the elliptical...

But I sweat like a pig on the stairmaster... everyone stares at me. But not with googley eyes, either.

It's okay. I look at them back and tell them with my eyes, "maybe YOU should workout harder!"

It's a gym. If you're NOT sweating, you're doing something wrong, buddy!!! Sorry 'bout it
  • samiam321123
    samiam321123 Posts: 38 Member
    I have always sweated a lot. Even at my ideal weight. Be happy your body is VERY good at cooling you down! If not, you would fall the hell out...LOL

Those not sweating are constantly on the verge of a heat stroke but just don't know it...LOL, joking

This. I've actually had friends drop around me from heat stroke while I was perfectly fine. Drenched in sweat but fine. My only problem is making sure I get the salt back into my body that I've sweated out after a serious workout. Just think of yourself as highly evolved and an efficient sweater :)
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    I sweat a lot even if I don't workout- I have yet to find a deodorant that helps me... :indifferent:

Same! Particularly in the summer, I break out in a sweat within minutes, usually my face and I have to keep trying to casually wipe it off D:

Usually, it's under my arms it kind of sucks because almost all my good shirts of blouses have sweat stains and I throw them away it's so gross. :( I sometimes use Old Spice for Men deodorant...because I keep thinking it's stronger than Clinical Protection...

Omg, I love old spice, you may accidentally attract women with that method though haha

Girl, I have no problem attracting women! ;)

*high five* I also wear Old Spice Deodorant and look like I've just stepped out of the shower during work-outs. It's not improved in line with my fitness and weight loss.
    I just tie my hair up in a bun, pop my bandana on and jump in the shower straight after.
    I think so long as you hydrate well, it's not a problem.
  • kvcreed
    kvcreed Posts: 29 Member
    I sweat. And I love it. The best feeling is when I am wearing a rather thick top and a zip-up hoodie over it to the gym, and I can feel I'm sweating through all the layers. In all honesty, if a person isn't sweaty, dripping and red in the face...what's the purpose?
    I also think we al 'feel' sweatier then we might be, and in the same do not see how sweaty others are. So, sweat it, sister, it's fat crying!
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    I sweat so much I look like I came out of the shower dripping.
    I also feel hot all the time even in winter. I cannot wear makeup unless it's cold and I DON'T have a jacket/coat.
    Even a 5 minute walk will have sweat dripping down my scalp.
    Clothes get ruined faster due to constant deodorant use too.
    I have to wipe sweat off the floor after classes at my gym as well.
    My husband sweats like this too. Nothing you can do about it :( I carry on being awesome at workouts and carry a towel ALWAYS, because the alternative is being fat/unfit and sweaty. At least this way I can be fit and sweaty.

P.S. I CANNOT wait for winter just so I can stop sweating (well sort of anyway)!
  • melbot24
    melbot24 Posts: 347 Member
    Haha oh boy do I sweat. We should have a post workout (s)wet t-shirt photo contest.

For me what could potentially be embarrassing is not the amount of sweat but more so that I start sweating in my crotch first and it makes me look like I've pee'd my pants. I have to laugh at myself to keep from being self conscious about it.

I subscribe to the idea that if a girl still looks cute when she leaves the gym, she didn't work hard enough.

I am a hot, crotch-sweaty, smeared make-up mess when I leave and I LOVE IT.
  • I sweat heavily. Always have, no matter what my weight. My Mom and younger sister are the same. My older sister avoids doing anything that will make her sweat, because she hates sweating. I always joke that just standing up from a chair makes me break out in a sweat, but I'm not quite that bad (as long as I'm in A/C). I loathe eating outside in the summer. I will literally start sweating in less than 5 minutes and just end up miserable, and sopping wet, by the end of the meal.

I typically sweat more than my boyfriend during a workout. Scalp is the worst for me - sweat pours down my face. My pits don't really sweat to bad, but you can usually see the outline of my sports bra on the back of my shirt. I always have that classic "V" sweat pattern down my front. I have to hang things up to dry after I workout, before I can put them in the laundry basket.
  • I used to sweat a lot whether I was working out or not. I find now that I have lost 40lbs I still sweat a lot when working out (I keep a hand towel with me) but in terms of day to day, if I have worked out in the morning then I find I don't sweat as much during the day. Weird!! Yes stay hydrated, do no drink less water because you sweat that will just cause problems.

I saw my doctor about my sweating and there are prescription dab-on antiperspirant s they can give you that work really well. Also a new procedure is a form of botox for on your face to help with sweating. I know lots of people who have gone that route.

I like the saying "I don't sweat, I sparkle" :-)
  • hanneberries
    hanneberries Posts: 119 Member
    i am the opposite. i hardly sweat at all when i'm working out, and i feel lik ei'm not doing a good job even though my HR is in the 170s and i am panting haha
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    I sweat heavily. Always have, no matter what my weight. My Mom and younger sister are the same. My older sister avoids doing anything that will make her sweat, because she hates sweating. I always joke that just standing up from a chair makes me break out in a sweat, but I'm not quite that bad (as long as I'm in A/C). I loathe eating outside in the summer. I will literally start sweating in less than 5 minutes and just end up miserable, and sopping wet, by the end of the meal.

I typically sweat more than my boyfriend during a workout. Scalp is the worst for me - sweat pours down my face. My pits don't really sweat to bad, but you can usually see the outline of my sports bra on the back of my shirt. I always have that classic "V" sweat pattern down my front. I have to hang things up to dry after I workout, before I can put them in the laundry basket.

Ditto to everything you said! I hate eating outside too cuz I start sweating and its so embarrassing! I also have to dry out my clothes before I throw them in the laundry basket to avoid polluting my other clothes!