Need a delicious Hummus recipe

gobifree59
gobifree59 Posts: 56 Member
Hello Hummus lovers! Has anyone made a tasty hummus? I've tried a few times and it either comes out too watery or bland. I'm trying to immitate the leading brands at the store! Please share your recipe if you think it's tasty! Thanks.:smile:

Replies

• Jen_Jennings
    Jen_Jennings Posts: 124 Member
    Hello Hummus lovers! Has anyone made a tasty hummus? I've tried a few times and it either comes out too watery or bland. I'm trying to immitate the leading brands at the store! Please share your recipe if you think it's tasty! Thanks.:smile:

try this one http://www.thedeliciouslife.com/edamame-hummus-worlds-fifth-biggest/

I've made one similar before and I loved it! I love edamame.
  • I would also love some delicious hummus...and the recipe. :)
  • im Lebanese, so id say my hummus is pretty darn good.

one large can chickpeas (1 pound) (and a bit extra incase your hummus turns out watery)
    1/2 cup warm water, and extra just in case
    3 small garlic cloves
    1/2 teaspoon or so salt (depends on preferences, you should taste as you add on!)
    8 tablespoons tahini (sesame "butter" )
    1/2 cup lemon juice or so (again, adjust to your own preferences whether you like hummus a bit sour or not )

directions:
    wash the chickpeas well, and then put in food processor, with 1/4 cup water. blend, and as its blending add the tahini, salt, garlic, and HALF the lemon juice. blend well until smooth.taste, then add more lemon juice accordingly to taste. if the hummus is too watery, you need more chickpeas, if its bland, add lemon juice, DONT ADD MORE GARLIC, you'll kill the people around you with your mouth (LOL) when storing/serving it, drizzle extra virgin olive oil on top with paprika too if you want
  • That sounds so good! What is the shelf life like? I mean I can usually rip through a tub of hummus in a few days, but just in case. :)
  • gobifree59
    gobifree59 Posts: 56 Member
    Thanks for the recipes! Will try them---I go through a lot of hummus also. Love fresh veg. with it!
  • That sounds so good! What is the shelf life like? I mean I can usually rip through a tub of hummus in a few days, but just in case. :)
    to tell you the truth, i have no idea. my mom usually goes and buys the tahini.. but it depends on the store. it could be in the ethnic foods aisle, or beside the rice/grains. sorry im not much help |:
    oh, and if your near a middle eastern grocery store, go there (way better) since you can buy FRESH tahini in the refrigerator section.

ohhh OOPS, disregard my gibber jabber on top, i completely misread this post (sorry! not enough sleep!) if you put it in an air tight container, probably a week or so
  • ritoosh
    ritoosh Posts: 190
    im middle eastern too so we eat this a lot [ofc with a vegan brother it doesnt last long] but it can only last like a few days i say no more than a week though. but it also depends if you buy canned hummus or make it from scratch [and i mean with the tahini too]
  • syllables
    syllables Posts: 17 Member
    http://budgetbytes.blogspot.com/2012/03/sriracha-hummus-237-recipe-047.html

is, hands down, the best hummus I've ever had in my life. I've gotten about 8 people hooked on this recipe. If you make it, be prepared to be obsessed.