Chicken breast
    beef roast or ground
    fish
    greek yogurt
    cheese
    Lotsa great veggies
    Whole grain bread
    Your fav fruit
    I'm a fizzy cultured drink person: Cas Cal, Zevia, GT Dave's Synergy.
    And the occasional (hopefully) dessert!

Everybody's tastes and chemistry are different....eat what makes you feel satisfied and energetic for your workouts!:happy:
  • SusanLovesToEat
    SusanLovesToEat Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

Logging my food has really helped me control the sodium and cholersterol in my diet.

The fitness logging also helps me get in the exercise I need which is also essential for heart health. (I do a lot of walking)

You might also try meditation and yoga which I believe are better than Beta Blockers for keeping the heart rate and BP down!

Good luck to you!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    ME TOO!, YOU CAN DO IT!, WE ARE HERE TO HELP!
  • Snoopaloop63
    Snoopaloop63 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Me too! I love it that we can track cholesterol and saturated fats so we can make changes accordingly!
  • tdryan1981
    Options
    Hi! You are off to a good start by going MFP! I just started back yesterday and I am looking forward to seeing my results in a few months!
    I was actually just reading an article titled Top 15 Heart-Healthy Foods from Eating Well online. The article listed the following: apples, yogurt, raisins, wholegrains, beans, salmon, nuts, chocolate (yes, it said chocolate! Moderate amounts of flavanol-rich dark chocolate), tomatoes, berries, pomegranates, banannas, popcorn and green tea.
    Remember to read labels and stay away from trans fat, saturated fat, salt and added sugars.
    Good luck!! You can add me as a friend if you like :)
  • Live4More
    Live4More Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    You're welcome to add me if you like.
  • danabromley
    danabromley Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My diets not always the best but you're at a great place to help you figure out what you're eating that may be sabataging your efforts. Add me to if you like, and I'll help the best I can.