How often do you weigh yourself?

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    I weigh myself every day. I've weighed in once a week before, and sometimes it would look like I hadn't lost an ounce! With me it all depends on the day. Each time I reach a new low is when I record (even if it's by .2 pounds).
  • SheepyWolf
    SheepyWolf Posts: 8 Member
    Every single day haha
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Every day. There's usually an average number for the week; if it goes up I watch my sodium, if it goes down quite a bit I make sure to hydrate.

I know a lot of people on this site say weighing themselves every day makes them crazy, but I keep seeing articles about how it helps you lose weight faster and keep more weight off, so doctors and dieticians recommend it... Guess it's just about what works for you in the end.
  • I weigh myself everyday. It's an addiction I know. If I go on vacation and there is no scale it drives me made.
  • JephaMooi
    JephaMooi Posts: 112 Member
    I find that weighing myself every morning after first pee, I see myself lose faster.
    It's as if going throughout my day the image sticks in my brain and reminds me that it's only down from there.
  • melbatoast917
    melbatoast917 Posts: 370 Member
    Daily, but I avoid the scale during certain TOTM because it depresses me for no reason!
  • UZBGIRL
    UZBGIRL Posts: 35
    Every day, first thing when I get out of bed.

I do the same..
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    I used to be an every day weigher. Now, I've gotten to the point where I barely even think about it. I will weigh in once every couple of weeks maybe.
  • Everyday. When I wake up and before I go to bed. It really helps to keep me on track.
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    I'm a daily weigher. I like to see the fluctuations that happen - not only does it help me make sense of how my body deals with things (too much sodium, a new/intense workout, that dreaded TOM) and makes me less likely to freak out but it helps me keep perspective.

The same with me, seeing the number on the scale helps to keep things in perspective to know what caused a gain or a loss. I don't freak out cause I haven't been in a predicament where I feel like why I am not losing, if I didn't lose I know why i'm not in denial.
  • RebelliousRibbons
    RebelliousRibbons Posts: 391 Member
    Every damn day. When I don't, I usually get into a pattern of gaining again, and I like to see the fluctuations.
  • Meraid
    Meraid Posts: 148 Member
    I can't help but check almost everyday when I get up, even if that happens to be around 11. However I KNOW the numbers mean little and I only count Fridays as official weigh ins and I measure every two weeks. If the number doesn't change or goes up I know it's not fat and I decide to change things up that day. I don't ever give up just because it didn't move. I shrug it off.
  • KT022
    KT022 Posts: 46 Member
    I'm like some of the others here - I weigh myself every day, if not more than once a day. I am totally weight obsessed, but being overweight my entire life has kind of made me that way - damn you societal pressure!
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Never. Well, not never... maybe every three months if I remember to do it.

I go by how my clothes feel and how I look. When I started seriously dieting and working out, I wore a size 38 in jeans just to be comfortable and extra large t-shirts - these days, I sometimes have to hike up my size 32's to keep them from falling off my butt and I find that I need to buy medium t-shirts to be comfortable. As soon as either the pants or the shirts get tight in the wrong areas, I'll know I've been slacking.
  • I do it every week.
  • MCproptart
    MCproptart Posts: 92 Member
    Every day, after "first void" as my nurse grandmother would say. That's the one I log into MFP. I also take a blood pressure reading. I used to do blood sugar and temperature also. I have it all logged in my handy dandy notebook so I can share trends with my doctor.

I do step on the scale more often than once a day. It's right next to my computer table, and close to the kitchen & living room, so it's always there.

I like to weigh often to see what sorts of patterns emerge. I'm usually about 2# less when I weigh in the morning than when I go to bed--weighing before bed helps me get excited to see if I'll be down another pound come morning--especially if I'm close to changing that middle number on the scale or hitting a landmark number of pounds lost or "I haven't weighed xx since..."

When I spend the night at my friend's house, I miss not being able to step on the scale in the morning.

It may be a bit obsessive, but it's keeping me excited and motivated, not making me sad, so I'm going to keep on doing it.
  • bastgoddess7
    bastgoddess7 Posts: 64 Member
    Once a week, to maintain consistancy and not become obsessive.
  • Yukon_Jack
    Yukon_Jack Posts: 19 Member
    Every Sunday before breakfast.....
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Every day. It helps me to see fluctuations caused by sodium intake (about 2 lbs). It also reassures me the gain isn't fat as I didn't ingest and extra 3500-7000 cals the day before. I can also weigh an extra 2-3 lbs before my period.
  • RyanWilson1993
    RyanWilson1993 Posts: 409 Member
    Once a week used to do it every day but its more accurate weekly