2012 52 5/7 Challenge

Replies

• wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    I hear you on the hectic week, Debra and Aila! It has been crazy for me and I haven't had time to even on how everyone is doing, but glad to see you guys are still going strong!

I was 2/7 last night with my running group outdoor 3 mile run with yucky hills! Today is 3/7 with 4 miles on the treadmill.

Hope you're all doing great!!!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    5/7 WITHA 40 MINUTE JMBR WORKOUT AND A 4 MILE RUN!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    4/7 40 min walk wed
    5/7 20 min walk fri
  • wanna_be_fit
    Way to keep getting it ladies!!!

4/7 today with a 3 mile run with my running group. Hope you all are having a great weekend!!!! :bigsmile:
  • vhuber
    Ending my week with 6/7.
    Yesterdays workout was speedwalking with a 5 yr old plus a HEAVY carry-on & purse around 2 airports. My GS is afraid of esculators so guess what? yep the stairs everywhere!:noway:
    I am SOOOOOOO glad to be back home, today was grocery shopping and laundry day!
    Feel tired and we have a wedding to attend tonite!:yawn:
    Let's rock a new week ladies!!!
  • vhuber
    Starting the week with a 1/7. 6 miles of walking!
  • vhuber
    2/7 with a 4 mile speedwalk plus some reps!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    I am sorry nothing to report this week.
    I did mow for 4 hours on SUnday at our rental house and was dead tired... but I lost sight of my scheduled weight training and run/walking I was doing.... going to try to regroup and set myself a schedule I can stick too!

I think I need to start getting up a couple hours earlier... because once 7 am hits... the phone starts ringing and I put myself off!
    :grumble: ... I will do better!
  • vhuber
    3/7 with 45 minutes of push mowing, JMBR and walking!
    I was to the dentist today. I am sore!:sad:
  • vhuber
    3/7 with 45 minutes of push mowing, JMBR and walking!
    I was to the dentist today. I am sore!:sad:
    I was tired when I posted this. It was to say 45 min of push mowing and 70 minutes of JMBR with walking!
    I am back to feeding the kids today!!! Have a great day ladies!!!
  • makeitallsue
    major cleaning..rearranging and tossing out stuff going on at my house and rental!! I am sick of going through stuff.....

Good luck Verda!! Man, the summer went fast!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Sorry I have been MIA--had company in town and work has been CRAZY!!!

I was 1/7 on Monay w/ a 4 mile run on the treadmill. I have my running group tonight, so will be 2/7 after that, will post the details later.

Keep it up Verda, you rock as always! And Debra, I feel for you having to go through everything, what a pain! Soon enough it will be finished and you'll be back to your normal workouts.

Have a great day!
  • ivykivy
    1/7 1 mile with leslie
    2/7 2.5 miles outside

Verda it is back to school. Happy first day!
    Debra & Heather way to work!

Have a great day!
  • vhuber
    4/7 with JMBR and an hour of walking after my On My Feet ALLLLLL Day day! I am heading to bed. 5 a.m. comes along when I just get into a good stage of sleep!:cry:
    Have a great day tomorrow!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Oh, Verda I hear you on the sleep. It's like my alarm clock, or Blake, the other alarm clock know when I'm just dozing off. Ugh!!

I was 2/7 last night with my running group workout. We did speed work on the track which was not so much fun, but definitely useful. We worked on a 180 step per minute cadence and I think that if I can eventually get that fast it will help my form, but getting there will be interesting!

Hope you're all having a good week. I will try to get a run in after work tonight, but hubby has a PT session for his knee injury so I'm flying solo with the kids when I get home. Fingers crossed they want to hang out in the gym with me for a little bit!!! :smile:
  • makeitallsue
    Oh, Verda I hear you on the sleep. It's like my alarm clock, or Blake, the other alarm clock know when I'm just dozing off. Ugh!!

I was 2/7 last night with my running group workout. We did speed work on the track which was not so much fun, but definitely useful. We worked on a 180 step per minute cadence and I think that if I can eventually get that fast it will help my form, but getting there will be interesting!

Hope you're all having a good week. I will try to get a run in after work tonight, but hubby has a PT session for his knee injury so I'm flying solo with the kids when I get home. Fingers crossed they want to hang out in the gym with me for a little bit!!! :smile:

Heather...do you actually count out the 180 steps/as you run for that minute? I would like to work on my speed... that is if I ever get back out there and run!! I usually like to run outdoors in the fall though... hoping I get back into things.

making progress on my projects... why oh why do I save everything????????? I do believe I am a hoarder... it has been hard but I am letting go of things... if I havne't touched it in a year... then I don;t need it there taking up space!
    Great Job Ivy!!
    Verda... how was day 1... or 2 now probably by the time you read this???!!!
    Good luck getting that workout in Heather... when my kids were little and I wanted to workout... we would crank up the music and just dance... and I would put them on my feet and lift and lower for abs..or chest flies... sniff..sniff... miss those days... seems like it was so long ago... yet it flew by so fast!
  • vhuber
    It's late and I am EXHAUSTED! We are on our feet for about 7 hrs STRAIGHT except for when we have to pee!:laugh: The time FLIES by!! I got in 69 minutes between the TM and the elliptical and I did around 500 reps, so that means i am good for 5/7!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Heather...do you actually count out the 180 steps/as you run for that minute? I would like to work on my speed... that is if I ever get back out there and run!! I usually like to run outdoors in the fall though... hoping I get back into things.

You can use a metronome (I got a free app on my phone) but our running coach just clapped at approximatley 180 step/min pace for us. I tried to do it on the treadmill last night and it is hard to do since you aren't covering groud. I actually had to speed the treadmill up to 6.5 mph to come close to that cadence, so it will take some getting used to. When I wanted to find out what my baseline cadence is I counted every step taken on my right foot and multiplied by 2. My baseline is in the 160s so I have some work to do!

Verda--I can imagine you are exhausted. That is a lot of standing! Good for you for getting a workout in anyway!

My 3/7 last night was about 2 miles running plus warmup and cooldown walk. I'm going to continue to work on cadence and speed but it is hard! Hoping to get an outdoor run in sometime tomorrow. I can't go with my running group in the morning because I'm on call and have to round. I also have to miss my daughter's first dance class because of this unless I make the residents round super early with me. We'll see how mean I'm feeling later today!! :devil:

Happy Friday all, hope it is a good one!!! :smile:
  • ivykivy
    3/7 2.5 miles
    4/7 25 min walking
  • vhuber
    Good job ladies!!! I took the day OFF! 5/7 still!!!