50 Shades??

Replies

• tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Read the first and a little into the second.

They're not really gripping me.

Irritates me that people are so obsessed with the sexual content too. Completely missed the story of it - A guy who has issues with intimacy (due to his past) and is learning to trust with the help of a girl. And on the other end, a naive girl who is learning to push her boundaries in the name of love.

I mean, have people only just found out sex exists?

right?!?
  • pinbots
    pinbots Posts: 3
    Not a fan at all :/
  • sr823204
    sr823204 Posts: 53 Member
    I read all three and I actually enjoyed them.
  • mac4069
    mac4069 Posts: 6 Member
    Oh yeah, I read them when they first were out, thought they a ..lol I was wrong. The writing was great and the story behind the naughty stuff was good to.. Jess Dee has some good naughty books if you like that thing..
  • mlittleplume
    mlittleplume Posts: 12 Member
    How do you get that ticker? I love it! Great work btw!! Keep it going girl!
  • mlittleplume
    mlittleplume Posts: 12 Member
    Gahh nvm, found it with more looking Lol awesome work everyone!! be proud of yourselves!
  • giggles7706
    giggles7706 Posts: 1,491 Member
    I've read them. I loved the first one - the second one was okay and I absolutely hated the third one. I think by then, I was tired of the writing and I was tired of all the sex. It just became annoying to me. :/
  • musicalsoul207
    musicalsoul207 Posts: 15 Member
    I read the first one, but I didn't enjoy it very much. I mean, the sex scenes were fine, and BDSM is cool if that's what you're into, but the writing was terrible.

7117000.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    I think she should give it another try.. =/ The writing was just NOT good.. the story was Okay... but too unrealistic. I know what it is supposed to be about.. but still. I've read the first 2, I didn't buy them and I don't plan on buying the last one...
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Ladies... Meet MY Christian Gray... Mr. Ian Somerhalder... Mmmmmm.... he can spank me anytime, or whip me, or pull my hair, or bring out the riding crop, or take me to the Red Room of Pain - whateves... as long as he ties me up with that grey tie! DAMN!

Ian-Somerhalder-1.jpg
  • cupcakes_
    cupcakes_ Posts: 274 Member
    Daaaaang he's hawt. I only bought the book out of 'peer pressure'. Haven't read it, probably won't. I would prefer the real deal.
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    my entire office was reading the series....i read all 3 in less than a week ;)

I read one book each day over the long weekend. I liked them. They weren't as bad (naughty) as all of the reviews made them out to be. I've read romance novels with more descriptive sex scenes. They actually had a book burning of these??? Read some Kathleen Woodweiss, Judith McNaught or Julie Garwood. Much more detail, just no whips and plugs involved :laugh:
  • pseel42
    pseel42 Posts: 82 Member
    i own/read all three and i can't wait for the movie!!!

if you haven't read them and you're over 18 LOL you have to read them!!
  • I read the first one and half of the second one. Believe it or not... I got bored with it!! lol

I also got bored... =/ I just couldnt get past the 10th chapter I believe? in the second book...
  • Ladies... Meet MY Christian Gray... Mr. Ian Somerhalder... Mmmmmm.... he can spank me anytime, or whip me, or pull my hair, or bring out the riding crop, or take me to the Red Room of Pain - whateves... as long as he ties me up with that grey tie! DAMN!

Ian-Somerhalder-1.jpg

I agree!!! Yummy...
  • Mons16
    Mons16 Posts: 6 Member
    I'm only on the second book but absolutely loved the first one!!

I'm looking forward to the movie!
  • ddamore
    ddamore Posts: 36 Member
    I'm into the second book and i like it better then the 1st but so far i liked them both. I can't wait for the movie either, i hope they get someone good to play Christian!!! Yummy!
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    read all three in two days.

if Ian Somerhalder doesn't play Christian in the movie, I will NOT be going to see it! It's only him and Lucy Hale I can picture playing the parts of Christian and Ana!
  • Lozx87
    Lozx87 Posts: 130 Member
    it took me 2 and a half days to read all 3 (a bit sad i know) but i just couldnt put it down an i got a load of people borrowing them jusst to see if worth bying them and yes they did
  • KatFierce
    KatFierce Posts: 252 Member
    Read all three, then read "Bared to you", now waiting for the next in that so I am reading, "Destined to Play" wich is not fantastic