2012 52 5/7 Challenge

Replies

• wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    4/7 today with a hilly 3.1 mile run in my neighborhood since I couldn't run with my group. Unfortunately despite my best efforts (including starting my rounds at 7am) I wasn't able to make it to Olivia's first dance class. :sad: Oh well, at least hubby recorded some of her class!

Keep up the great work ladies, and Verda, good for you taking a well deserved day off!!!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Ohhh Heather I wish you could have gone to Olivia's first class, I would have felt bad too! I must say that YOU have an AWESOME husband.My parents NEVER went to ANY of my stuff and it always bothered me and my husband was NOT a hands on father (still isn't as a grandfather) and I think as a parent it just seals the bond when they know at least ONE of ya will be there for them! She will have NUMEROUS things coming up that you will be saying OMG I WISH WE DID NOT HAVE TO GO!!!! Good job at getting out for a neighborhood run!!!

And YES I did deserve a day off so much I took today off too!:laugh: But I was sooooo dang busy washing laundry (clothes & bedding) and I totally cleaned the laundry/entry room. Did the walls, pulled everything out cleaned and mopped behind. Pitched stuff and put things back in the right place etc;. Ended the day with helping at our local Bountiful Basket. It is a produce co-op. I broke down tons of boxes for the recycle bin and swept the floors before I left with my fresh fruits & veggies!!! I earned my 6/7 with how tired I am tonite!:wink:
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    gee.. you all are running circles around me! I too, am still doing the break down of everyroom...sorting, throwing out, recylce and move on... it has been a mental drain... tomorrow is another day at rental.... hoping the last for a while... houling off trash and then planning new.... geez... I am wore out:frown:
  • wanna_be_fit
    Oh Debra, I feel for you. I HATE sorting and cleaning stuff out. I've told my husband that I'm never moving because I don't want to go through that again!

Verda, day off well deserved, but your "day off" didn't sound very relaxing!!! And yes, I am SOOO lucky that hubby wants to be an active participant in our kids' lives. His parents didn't support him at all, so he is trying to use them as the model of how NOT to raise kids. I was lucky that my mom and dad were always at dance, gymnastics and cheerleading competitions.

I'm 1/7 today with a hilly 5K run in my neighborhood. I still focused on the 180 step per minute cadence that we worked on in our group Wednesday, and it is getting easier! I actually shaved off more than a minute from yesterdays time. Maybe I'm getting the hang of this running thing!

Hope you guys are having a great weekend!!! :smile:
  • vhuber
    My 1/7 was 15 miles in 40* temps on my bike this morning. JMBR kick *kitten* workout this evening then I did 3.5 miles of run/walk intervals after that!
    Heather I was counting my right foot for 1 minute and only had 100! I must really suck!!!
  • makeitallsue
    My 1/7 was 15 miles in 40* temps on my bike this morning. JMBR kick *kitten* workout this evening then I did 3.5 miles of run/walk intervals after that!
    Heather I was counting my right foot for 1 minute and only had 100! I must really suck!!!

Hey Verda... I think you have to times that by 2... which would be 200 and that is an awesome pace!!!!
  • makeitallsue
    ok.. I know I normally like to do a exercise type for my days... but I have to be 2/7
    for the last 2 days I have worked my little tail off... went through more boxes of junk and hauled off more junk... I am ashamed to say I kept so much???? what is wrong with me! I have one more area here in barn I need to go through... but for the most part done... got rental a good portion finished...was there for 6 hours today and I can feel it in every area of my body....
    tomorrow I head back to rental... but am going to try hard to get a 2 mile run in first... just to get me more focused on a exercise schedule and not just "catch up" at both houses......
    I am trying! Logged all my foods today! I sure hope I can keep that up!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    1/7 60 min of walking.

40 degree???s
  • vhuber
    Yes Debra, doing major cleaning like that is alot of work! I'd much rather do a fitness workout!!! Good job!!

Ivy, way to go on the 60 minutes of walking!!!! YES 40*! Tomorrow we are to hit 100*, that is MONTANA for ya!!!!:laugh:

My 2/7 was JMBR & a 4 mile fast walk with the furry ones!!!
  • makeitallsue
    3/7..... pushed mowed and more cleaning.
    i am Tired girl!
  • vhuber
    WOW Debra! All that work AND logging your food, I bet you will see lower numbers this week!:wink:

Earned my 3/7 by walking a little over 4 miles with the furries in 99* temps!!! The wind felt awesome!!
  • makeitallsue
    I hope do Verda! I am all ready feeling better!
    Was fling to take day off .. but ended up taking bella for a walk and some stretches cus i am so sore today!
    4/7 :happy: :heart:
  • Hello everyone, im on my third week of my fitness pal. It seem to be working i suppose! But what if my exercise increases my calorie intake but i don't eat the calories is that good or bad? And any tippers on any healthy recipe for dinner tonight??
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    2/7 1.6 miles
  • wanna_be_fit
    Hello everyone, im on my third week of my fitness pal. It seem to be working i suppose! But what if my exercise increases my calorie intake but i don't eat the calories is that good or bad? And any tippers on any healthy recipe for dinner tonight??

Welcome Nate! Hope you love MFP as much as I do. There's a lot of debate regarding whether or not to eat your exercise calories back--you can search the forums for answers or post that topic and I'm sure you'll get lots of opinions. I personally eat them back if I'm hungry and I don't if I'm not hungry.

So today I am 2/7 with a 3 mile run with my running group. Hope to get a run in tomorrow morning or evening, but we'll see! Hope you guys are having a great week, keep killing it!!! :)
  • vhuber
    4/7 with JMBR and 47 minutes of walking! TIRED tonite!!!
  • makeitallsue
    Hello everyone, im on my third week of my fitness pal. It seem to be working i suppose! But what if my exercise increases my calorie intake but i don't eat the calories is that good or bad? And any tippers on any healthy recipe for dinner tonight??

Welcome and good luck with your goals!

To keep your energy up... probably a good idea to eat... :smile: I usually am a lot more hungry when I lift weights!

A favorite of mine for dinner is a spinach leaf bed for salad.. topped with a grilled chicken breast and then some diced avacado on top. I some times use salsa as a dressing.. but also like lite sweet onion dressing... or sometimes just a little sea salt and pepper. oh and tomatoes! Sorry dinner is prob oer by now... haha... but maybe for tonight!
  • wanna_be_fit
    3/7 tonight with 4 miles on my treadmill @ 6 mph plus wu/cd walk. I am beat and heading to bed soon! Poor Blake has his first cold and he was up every 1-2 hours last night coughing and crying, so needless to say mommy is tired today! But I pushed myself and got my run in and felt great. Will likely take tomorrow off as I've been working 12 straight days after tomorrow and just need a break! Will get my group run done on Saturday and something Sunday, and then I head to Vegas (again!!!) for a conference from Sunday through Wednesday. I need to call the hotel to make sure they have a fitness center.

Hope you guys are having a good week. Mine has been crazy busy and I'm glad it's almost Friday!!!! :bigsmile:
  • vhuber
    Wow Heather, I'd be exhausted too! Good job for taking that time for you and getting in a GOOD workout!!! Does hubby go with you to Vegas or does he stay behind with the kids? I bet you get torn when decisions like this come up!!

My 5/7 was JMBR and 41 minutes of walking with my furries!
  • makeitallsue
    I took yesterday off friends/.... I ams itting at 4/7 still.
    Have to do a day of shopping today... but leaving out early and will try to do something when I return home.
    Happy Friday!