T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) Team: Join us!

Courage.jpg

Welcome to T.H.E (Trying Hard Everyday) Team!

Are you new to M.F.P?? Come join us! We are a team that checks in to support eachother. Share your goals, truimphs and struggles with us. We are here to listen and nudge you with the padded slipper when necessary. No judgements! Come share your day with us everyday. Just introduce yourself and check back as often as you can.

We weigh in every Friday under a new thread, but if weighing isnt your thing.. feel free to share your sucesses however you measure them and share them with us! We all have different goals we are striving for and occasionally we throw out challenges. Challenges are fun and motivating... participate in the ones you want to participate in or feel free to throw out a challenge to the rest of us!

Everyone is welcome!

Replies

• LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Good morning team! Man am I stiff this morning. All that walking yesterday really caught up with my back. Took a motrin and will do some yoga here at home to see if I can get it to loosen up a little. Otherwise, Im just busy getting laundry done and hubby packed so he can leave on Monday for Texas. He'll be gone for a week and a half this time, then should be home for a couple weeks before he leaves on a long job.

I have a "not so well kept secret" to share with ya'll about sweeteners. I have some new recipe books from the library and alot of the recipes call for agave nector instead of sugar, so I went and picked some up at whole foods. Ive been using Truvia for about a year now, but dont like the fact that its still a processed sweetener, so I thought "what do I have to lose" and bought a small bottle of raw agave nector to try. Lets just say that if you are a coffee drinker... this stuff is a MUST! Its the consistency of honey... runs about 60 cals per tbs (which is plenty to sweeten a mug of coffee), but you can get different flavors like irish cream, hazelnut, macadamia or plain and it tastes awesome!! There are no funky aftertastes or fat and its RAW, which means its never been processed so any nutrients in it originally are still there. If you havent tried it yet, do yourself a favor and give it a shot. Hubby was a sugar fiend when it came to his 4 cups of coffee in the morning and he told me today "You have to get MORE of that stuff"! You can use it to sweeten a ton of other things too like yogurt and fruit... it really is tasty stuff.

Anyway...

here are my results from the week. Happy I am losing, just wish it were a bit more..

Losingit4good: SW252/GW 200/CW 219.4 ~ Loss .80 pounds
    Valentines Day Challenge: -3 so far....8 more to go to reach my 11lb goal
  • mbmomof4
    mbmomof4 Posts: 172 Member
    I would love to join!!! My name is Mary Beth, I am 29 years old...30 is approaching quickly Feb. 16. So then I will be 29 again until I cannot pull it of anymore...lol!! I currently weigh 176 lbs, I have lost 9 lbs. since coming back to MFP on Jan. 3rd. I want to get in shape & be healthier for my 3 sons...they are 7,5 & almost 9 months old. I need plenty of energy to keep up with them, so I am doing my best to work up my metabolism again. I have quite a few new friends on MFP, and I love offering them support because we are all in this together. :flowerforyou:
  • pamh5555
    pamh5555 Posts: 191 Member
    Count me In. I am here almost every day.

Starting Weight on Dec 1, 2009 - 215 lbs.
    current Weight is 203 lbs.
    Goal Weight is 125 lbs

My Goals

Feb 1 - Be Under 200 lbs
    March - Dec - Lose 10lbs per month until reach goal and then maintain.
  • LosingIt4good
    Welcome Mary Beth & Pam! Glad you could join us!!! ;0)
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    I'd like to join too!
    I think that I'm so out of shape my body is shocked and needs time to adjust to this exercising and eating less as I've not lost much. So I'm giving it time and will be consistent until it does. What else can you do right?

Start weight 216
    Short term goal - get to 196 (weight I weighed when I got pregnant, three freakin years ago!)
    Long term - I want the short and will work from there.

I don't put sweetener in my coffee, but when I bake, I use either sucranat or xylitol. Both are natural sweeteners. Sucranat has a terrible odor though when you open the bag, but it works great in sweets..

I'm not gettin on the scale for two weeks. I got on the scale this morning and had gained back .5 lbs. I know these things take time and don't want to get discouraged, so in hiding it goes.

Lacey
  • skinnygirlinhiding
    skinnygirlinhiding Posts: 14 Member
    I was born to be on T.H.E. Team! My name is Ali and I am 28 years old. I have 4 yr old identical twin boys (and yes it is as fun as it sounds) and a wonderful husband. I am new to mfp and have been here for only about 2 weeks...I am on here about 3 times a day and I absolutely love it. I would love to be part of a supportive team to help me reach my goals...Lord know I could use all the support I can get.

Start weight Jan.9, 2010 - 238.6
    Current weight (as of Jan. 16) - 232
    Goal weight - 135

I have a long way to go yet, but I am determined!!!
  • skinnygirlinhiding
    skinnygirlinhiding Posts: 14 Member
    That's right Laceylala, don't give up. A scale measures only weight, it doesn't take in to account where that weight is coming from; fat, water, muscle.... It is doesn't seem to care how hard you work. It would be nice if the scales could say something like "Well, you added a little extra weight today, but it's probably because you worked so hard this week and added some beautiful lean muscle. Way to go you gorgeous thing, you!" You can do it, just don't give up no matter how hard it gets...
  • mistydcox
    mistydcox Posts: 11 Member
    Hey ladies! Weighed in today and I have been weighing all week and bummed with no loss. I have been sooo good this week with my food. So I lost 3 pounds this week... not as good as last week granted 6 pounds for my first week is not too shabby! So total of 9 pounds in two weeks I am very proud of myself. It has not been easy as we all know it is so easy to gain it but so hard to lose it.

So my goal of 10 pounds for this month I am only 1 pound away from. :)

Goal of 10 pounds for January: 9 down and only 1 to go!
    Goal of 25 pounds by March 14th my 33rd Birthday!

Cyndi, great job on the walking! Kelli, good job keep on chugging along I know I get crazy busy and I know that doesn't help with our weight loss goals... sounds like you are doing a great job despite life! :)
  • LosingIt4good
    Gosh darnit! I hate this laptop sometimes!! LOL I had a nice long reply typed out then "poof" i bumped the back button and it was gone!... Oh well.. LOL

Misty~ You rock girl!! Im so proud of you for getting on track and sticking to it!! 9lbs in 2 weeks.... WOWSERS!! Happy dance for you BIG time!!!

Ali~ Welcome to our group!! Im looking forward to getting to know you! You sound like you are motivated and ready to rock this! Congratulations on taking the initiative to change and I like yer attitude of Not giving up!! :0) Awesome to meet you!

Lacey~ Welcome to you also! Dont get discouraged at that scale, in fact, my suggestion would be to find another form of measuring your success in addition to the scale. You may not see a loss of weight, but seeing inches disappear too is very cool too! Take your measurements now, then do them again in a month. Dont get discouraged.. we have all been in this situation. Sometimes, It takes a while to reset your metabolism and get things going... once they do, you'll see the numbers change. Also, several factors can make your weight flux in the wrong direction. Like Ali said... lean muscle weighs more than fat, so that is a definite possibility if you are working out alot. Also, salty foods will make you retain water which will show up as a gain... then there is that TOM which is known to make me gain anywhere from 3-6lbs the week before. The nice part about TOM water weight is that as soon as the aunt leaves... you should be back to where where you were, if not lower if you stuck with it. So there are several reasons why, if you are eating right, you can still show a slight gain. Dont let it stress you out. Stress can cause it too.. just relax and know that what you are eating is good for you and that the exercise on top of it is even better and that it IS NOT POSSIBLE to gain fat if you are eating healthy, are within your calories and working yer butt off to shape up :0)
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    nitag: sw 230/GW 150/ VW 201 =loss of 1 lb

It's been a rough week... My husband left for texas today and I've been a mess... Can't eat and I can't sleep ... I know it will get better....
  • LosingIt4good
    YAY Nita!! Im so proud of you!!! Great job!

As for the hubby being gone for work, I completely understand. It was hard at first for me to get used to mine being gone, now I kinda look forward to it...LOL.. one less mouth to feed at home and when the kids are gone their dads every other weekend.. I get to have all the me time I want. It makes eating and working out a breeze on those days! Mine leaves Monday until Feb 3rd... then hes home for a week and it looks like he'll be leaving again for 2 weeks.

PS. I got a new Wii game called Circus... its a challenge for sure. It uses the balance board and you have to do all these tricks to earn fans and money. If you mess up, it takes fans and money away. It has games like trapeze, human cannonball and pony dancing and some of them are really friggen hard, but Im getting better at it. I figure anything that gets me off my butt is better than nothing at all! ;0)
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Well Happy weekend everyone and welcome to all the beautiful new ladies that have decided to join us. Its been very rainy here in my corner of Nothern Cal ( we better get out the row boat soon) Yeah I hit the 40 pound lost this week. Hey one pound at a time Ya All
    GuidosGal SW 224- CW 184 GW Not sure yet One pound lost
  • manda1111
    manda1111 Posts: 113
    Hey,

Sorry I'm posting so late the day got away from me but here goes.

SW198, GW130, CW 166 = 2lbs loss :)
  • Hi everyone. Hope things are going well. I am doing okay I have been really busy and overwhelmed. But I know I will get into a routine soon.

SW 149, GW 130, CW 137.2= -2.2
  • LosingIt4good
    Guido~ Congrats on hitting that 40lb loss!! 1lb at a time doesnt seem like much when its coming off does it? (I know.. thats usually how things work for me also), In the end all those 1's add up!! Great job!! Stick with it! ;0)

Manda~ Congrats on another 2# lost & gone forever! woohoo!

CC~ Glad you are hanging in there and sticking with it as well! Congrats on yer 2.2# loss you busy girl!! ;0)

Yes, Im posting early. Woke up at 5:30am this morning REALLY thirsty and had to get up to get some water. Not sure why I felt so dehydrated. I have been drinking all my water. Of course, I couldnt just get up and get a drink and go back to bed. The dog decided it was his time to get up and go out also, so after freezin my butt off takin him out and sucking down a liter of water....yeah, dont think I can go back to bed now. LOL My brain is too awake.

ahh well....I have stuff to do today anyway. Plan the menu, organize my coupons, hit the grocery store......THEN I just may go for a swim at the inlaws. They put in an indoor lap pool 2 years ago and I have yet to even put my toe in it because they live about 30 minutes away and its brackish salt water (which Im not much of a fan of). But, free swimming is free swimming and since its indoors its about 85 degrees in there right now it sounds a heck of alot better than going for a walk in the rain today.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    GuidosGal SW 224- CW 184 GW Not sure yet One pound lost
    manda111 SW198, GW130, CW 166 = 2lbs loss :)
    cc_cambell81 SW 149, GW 130, CW 137.2= -2.2
    pinbotchick SW 237, GW 140, CW 206 = -1 pound (-5 for Valentine's challenge)
  • nitag
    Happy Sunday... I'm missing my husband like crazy... Finding it hard to even ear or drink... I hate feeling so sad...I have a one track mind.. Getting to Texas to see him.. but that's not for a few more weeks... I need to snap outta this.. the only time I feel happy is when I'm on the phone with him... Ugg but that's not even going well... He's moody , I'm moody.... To top it all off I'm tired and started my TOM today....

Just wanted to check in and say hi.....

Anita
  • Happy Sunday... I'm missing my husband like crazy... Finding it hard to even ear or drink... I hate feeling so sad...I have a one track mind.. Getting to Texas to see him.. but that's not for a few more weeks... I need to snap outta this.. the only time I feel happy is when I'm on the phone with him... Ugg but that's not even going well... He's moody , I'm moody.... To top it all off I'm tired and started my TOM today....

Just wanted to check in and say hi.....

Anita

My husband and I spent 6 months apart twice when once of us was in Korea and one in the US. It's been almost 3 years but I still remember feeling lonely and like I'd never get to see him. Just try to keep busy. Take the time to try do anything you may have been putting off or not had enough time to do. I truly believe it made us have a stronger relationship.
  • pamh5555
    pamh5555 Posts: 191 Member
    Well, Ladies, sorry for not checking in lately. My husband has been sick for 3 days and I have been taking care of him. yesterday I had to wake him up at 9 am, 10, 12, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 9 for pills. He was not a happy camper.

Starting Weight - Dec 1 - 215

Current Weight - 201.5.

My mini goal is be under 200 lbs by Feb 1. 5 days to do this.

I have not exercised on Sat, Sun or Monday unless you count all the cooking, cleaning and errands running that I normally do not do. I hate when he is sick and I have to do it myself. I have not had a chance to really watch what i was eating but of course I went over calories for all 3 days because I was just grabbing quick food while i was taking care of him. I have no idea on my water because I was just drinking from a glass. i just kept filling it up from my gallon of crystal light premade mix stuff. I think i drank it all because i have remake the gallon again and it was full on saturday night. I think i did good on the water dept on Sunday/Monday.
  • nitag
    Good Morning Everyone..

Wow, its been a really hard few days.. I am fine one minute and crying like crazy the next... Hopefully as time goes by this get easier.. I've scheduled an eye dr appt for new glasses and a hair appt for a freshen up.... I must say that I've lost some weight since he's been gone... I think I am going to stop and see if I can't get into a smaller pair of jeans... I'd love that.. I am also planning on getting my nails done too... All this before I go to Texas for Valentines day..

Keep checking in guys.. I'm sad and depressed and still logging what food I'm eating.. Lets do this together...

Anita