What are you reading currently?

Replies

• impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    I'm reading The Woman In White by Wilkie Collins,

I'm reading this on audiobook too and really enjoying it what do you think of it?

I'm enjoying it. I feel like it's a bit draggy, but that's to be expected from a book written in that era. I think I already have some of the twists figured out, so I just want to get to the end and see if I was right. :laugh:
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    I'm going to start "Perks of Being A Wallflower" soon. The name is predominantly what drew me to this novel. :)
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    I'm going to start "Perks of Being A Wallflower" soon. The name is predominantly what drew me to this novel. :)

It is a fantastic novel. I read it during high school and I have heard rumors that there is a movie or going to be a movie pretty soon.
  • wendye1960
    wendye1960 Posts: 46 Member
    I'm reading The Woman In White by Wilkie Collins,

I'm reading this on audiobook too and really enjoying it what do you think of it?

I'm enjoying it. I feel like it's a bit draggy, but that's to be expected from a book written in that era. I think I already have some of the twists figured out, so I just want to get to the end and see if I was right. :laugh:

Depending on how far through it you are you might be quite surprised. I've finished it now and thoroughly enjoyed it. I didn't particularly rate the 'love story' part of it, that was a bit weak but I liked the detective part.
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    I started reading One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest a couple of days ago. Had a little trouble starting it, but now that I'm into it a bit, I love it!

I'm going to start The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo once I finish Cuckoo's Nest, but not sure if I'll like it or not. It was free, so at least I didn't spend my money on it if I end up not liking the book.
  • olong
    olong Posts: 255 Member
    Just finished "Any Place I Hang My Hat" and am now starting "Glitter Baby" by Susan Elizabeth Phillips, for some reason I'm really into Chick Lit right now :)

There's nothing wrong with chick lit... I love chick lits in summertime!
  • AllyLuna
    AllyLuna Posts: 32
    Leviathan by Scott Westerfield right now, only 4 pages in. Anyone else read his work? what did/do you think?
  • G_iulia80
    G_iulia80 Posts: 11 Member
    Hi everyone (if we had a waving smiley I'd add it)

I've just discovered the groups and this one.

I'm currently still plodding through my book group read - The Collector by John Fowles. It seems very well written but a little strange. It's about a butterfly collector who kidnaps a girl he's become obsessed with. I'm only on page 50 so far so haven't got much further then him kidnapping her just yet. I'm not sure what I think about it at the moment. The problem I'm having is that it's not exactly fast paced and now the olympics have started I am only picking it up at lunch time at work, which is only half an hour. I really must get on with it as I have to finish it for our meeting next Tuesday.

Has anyone read this? What did you think of it?
    Hi! I've read the book last year. I can't say it made a very strong impression on me, so I don't have much comments to make. I found it interesting, thou. It is John Fowles's debut book.
    Have you finished it?
  • MelanieSkittle
    MelanieSkittle Posts: 43 Member
    I'm reading Resurrection by Tolstoy. I'm about 2/3 through and I love it. The characters are great
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    I actually have 2 on the go right now. The Letters by Luanne Rice and Joseph Monninger. The book is a series of letters between a husband and wife who separated after the death of their only child. So far quite interesting as they go through their own ways of dealing with the loss.

The other is What the Night Knows by Dean Koontz. So far it is pretty good about a serial killer.
  • niccolebarnes
    niccolebarnes Posts: 27 Member
    Hi everyone. I need a new series/author to read. I just finished reading all of the Donna Grant books and they were pretty good (nice easy reading). Does anyone have any suggestions? I like paranormal/time travel/romance.

I've already read the Blackdagger brotherhood and the Outlander series.

Thanks!
  • I am reading the Sookie Stackhouse books. I am a big fan of True Blood and wanted to read it out of curiosity as to whether or not it is like the tv series. I enjoy the books, but surprisingly not as much as the series. For me, it is usually the other way around.
  • bazaar1982
    bazaar1982 Posts: 159 Member
    Hi everyone. I need a new series/author to read. I just finished reading all of the Donna Grant books and they were pretty good (nice easy reading). Does anyone have any suggestions? I like paranormal/time travel/romance.

I've already read the Blackdagger brotherhood and the Outlander series.

Thanks!

Not time travel but paranormal - have u tried The Rook? Found it took over my life! Read it in a day in the end and am still dreaming a out it. The blurb doesn't sound that great but it really is- its a girl who wakes up surrounded by bodies with no memory of who she is, with the help of letters from her format self she has to piece it all together, add in demos, witches, special powers and a paranormal CIA and you've got The Rook!

Also just starting dark havens - white tiger which is about Chinese gods, seems pretty good so far.
  • LakeRhode
    LakeRhode Posts: 6 Member
    Ape House by Sara Gruen... loving it so far.
  • LakeRhode
    LakeRhode Posts: 6 Member
    Love, love, love the Outlander series! My most read books.
  • I am reading the Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa, A Rogue of My Own by Johanna Lindsey, and any dragon books by Katie MacAlister. I've also got my eyes open for another amazing non-fluff read, like Water For Elephants, The Help, The Book of Negroes.
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    I'm currently reading two books, which is abnormal for me, because I'm a very one book at a time person, normally. However, I'm an English Education major in a literature class, so in addition to my for-fun book, I'm also reading the novel for class.

For-Fun Book: Mockingjay (I love The Hunger Games!)
    Class Novel: Frankenstein

I would totally recommend both books. This is not my first time reading either one. However, I'm enjoying Frankenstein a lot more this time...last time I read it, I read it in French!
  • Hello book lovers

Lets see the book im reading is The Achyliymst series by Micheal scott. Very intersting sreies in terms of the characters and the locations they treval to. I read wellness, fanasty pararnormal stuff too.:happy:
  • I'm reading My Extraordinary Ordinary Life by Sissy Spacek. Very very good so far.
  • jubeesh
    jubeesh Posts: 156
    Right now I am reading The Nasty Bits by Anthony Bourdain, and after that I am going to read one of his fiction novels, Bone in the Throat.