Alli and SlimQuick

I see the commercials for these all of the time... They don't claim to be some miracle pill or anything... just an aid to weight loss.... "They" also stress that the results of their supplements are in conjuntion with diet and exercise...
So, I was wondering, have any of you tried either of these? If so, what's the verdict?

Replies

• mschelle
    mschelle Posts: 240 Member
    I tried one of the pills years ago (I forget which) and ended up with a really weird VERY sharp pain in my stomach. I ended up getting ultrasounds and everything. They didn't find anything, but I stopped taking them and it went away immediately. So I don't do the pills anymore.

All I know about Alli is it causes leaky, "oily" stool which scares me enough to stay away. I think it's supposed to be OK if you don't eat any fats, but I can't do that.

My suggestion would be to research throughly anything like that - in places other than their own websites :wink: Look up each ingredient and what it's really for. It could be just a bunch of vitamins with caffeine (like Dexatrim), or it could be some untested herbal thing. You never know.
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    I tried one of the pills years ago (I forget which) and ended up with a really weird VERY sharp pain in my stomach. I ended up getting ultrasounds and everything. They didn't find anything, but I stopped taking them and it went away immediately. So I don't do the pills anymore.

All I know about Alli is it causes leaky, "oily" stool which scares me enough to stay away. I think it's supposed to be OK if you don't eat any fats, but I can't do that.

My suggestion would be to research throughly anything like that - in places other than their own websites :wink: Look up each ingredient and what it's really for. It could be just a bunch of vitamins with caffeine (like Dexatrim), or it could be some untested herbal thing. You never know.
    Yah I heard with Alli that they recomend you wear a sanitary pad for anal leakage. NOOOOOO thank youuu
  • Oompa_Loompa

Yah I heard with Alli that they recomend you wear a sanitary pad for anal leakage. NOOOOOO thank youuu

Actually I didnt hear...one of my friends used it. Yuck
  • I know a couple of people that have done or are doing the alli. Your bathroom problems do change, and sometimes not so good. (Blow outs, stomach pains) It does block half of your fat intake. Everyone I know has lost weight, and a pharmacist from church recommends it. I have had my gallbladder out and have IBS so I am iffy on taking it.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member

OH!!!! That's just CRAZY!!!
  • mistydcox
    mistydcox Posts: 11 Member
    I had been on Alli and it does cause oily uncontrollable leakage in your office chair when you least suspect it.... that is all I am going to say!
  • Oompa_Loompa
    I had been on Alli and it does cause oily uncontrollable leakage in your office chair when you least suspect it.... that is all I am going to say!

Oh my gosh. like do you still take it? Is it bad enough to continue taking or did you stop..oye. I was thinking about taking it but thats gross.
  • Oh man, I was actually thinking about going and buying alli today. And I am not spending $40+ and end up with a leak butt, no way. Thank you guys for saving me haha
  • I used Slimquick as a supplement. It has a decent blend of good stuff in it. I didn't consider it a diet pill, thogh many people will disagree with that. The pharmacist compared it to some others for me and it was mostly just a blend of supplements that you would find in a multi, wth some exceptions. I don't attribute any actual weigfht loss to it, but I also wouldn't ban it for good.

As for Alli, there are some class action law suits against the company that makes it. It has proven to cause some liver damage. All it does is make the fat you eat "SLIDE" right through you if you eat too much. Its easier and cleaner to just eat less fat in my opinion.

Holly
  • kandyjo

OMG!!!! Seriously!!! That's NUTS!!!!
    I think I'm set on doing everything the old fashion way!! :laugh: I've lost a TOTAL of 38 lbs doing just healthy diet and exercise... I'll take that over a leaky *kitten* any day!! :sick:
  • Oompa_Loompa

I think I'm set on doing everything the old fashion way!! :laugh: I've lost a TOTAL of 38 lbs doing just healthy diet and exercise... I'll take that over a leaky *kitten* any day!! :sick:

There ya go. Could you imagine being on a date or something and "oh excuse me i have to change myself now" lol yucka
  • kandyjo

There ya go. Could you imagine being on a date or something and "oh excuse me i have to change myself now" lol yucka

LOL>...Or someone say, "OMG!!! What's that smell"?..... "Oh, that's just my anal seepage"!!! :sick: :sick: :sick: :noway:
  • Oompa_Loompa

LOL>...Or someone say, "OMG!!! What's that smell"?..... "Oh, that's just my anal seepage"!!! :sick: :sick: :sick: :noway:

no biggie! lol
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    I used Slimquick as a supplement. It has a decent blend of good stuff in it. I didn't consider it a diet pill, thogh many people will disagree with that. The pharmacist compared it to some others for me and it was mostly just a blend of supplements that you would find in a multi, wth some exceptions. I don't attribute any actual weigfht loss to it, but I also wouldn't ban it for good.

As for Alli, there are some class action law suits against the company that makes it. It has proven to cause some liver damage. All it does is make the fat you eat "SLIDE" right through you if you eat too much. Its easier and cleaner to just eat less fat in my opinion.

Holly

I use Slimquick too. I'm glad to hear there's nothing outrageously bad in it!
    I also use it as a supplement, I still eat healthy and exercise. I haven't lost anything while I've been on it but I haven't lost anything in quite awhile...haha.
    I do feel less bloated, cravings during TOM are MUCH less severe, and I believe I've lost a few inches here and there. Haven't measured in awhile, but I have pants a size smaller than what I am now and they weren't fitting quite as tight as the last time I tried them on!

Holly, you have a lot of helpful information!
  • A good friend of mine is doing Alli. She says she has lost weight using it but that's because you have to really watch your fat intake or yes, you might think it's just gas and find a surprise. Ewww! Every since she told me that I have refused to try it.
  • Kitchej
    Kitchej Posts: 10
    You all are really funny, entertaining and educational! :flowerforyou:
  • I was on Alli for 3 months - I never had a problem but I was always scared to eat bad. I used it when I first started dieting so I could learn to eat better and scare myself into it. It worked!
    Good luck!
  • How GROSS! Why is it the "only FDA approved" diet pill???
  • I take Alli and it does help with weight lost, I have not experienced any of the side effects but i hear they do happen only if you eat to much fat in your diet. It kind of keeps you on your toes because if I take it in the morning I know I better not eat anything bad because I might get those gross side effects.

I think my sister tried slim quick she said it doesn't work, one weight loss aid I love is Ripped Fuel 5x fat burner, works great and doesn't have a lot of weird ingredients, they have also been around for years. Another way to speed up weight loss is take a Super B Complex it gives you energy and aids weight loss. Good luck finding something hope i helped. =)
  • kandyjo
    I used Slimquick as a supplement. It has a decent blend of good stuff in it. I didn't consider it a diet pill, thogh many people will disagree with that. The pharmacist compared it to some others for me and it was mostly just a blend of supplements that you would find in a multi, wth some exceptions. I don't attribute any actual weigfht loss to it, but I also wouldn't ban it for good.

Holly

I use Slimquick too. I'm glad to hear there's nothing outrageously bad in it!
    I also use it as a supplement, I still eat healthy and exercise. I haven't lost anything while I've been on it but I haven't lost anything in quite awhile...haha.
    I do feel less bloated, cravings during TOM are MUCH less severe, and I believe I've lost a few inches here and there. Haven't measured in awhile, but I have pants a size smaller than what I am now and they weren't fitting quite as tight as the last time I tried them on!

Holly, you have a lot of helpful information!

Someone told me that they THOUGHT it was supposed to help suppress your appetite... But, I really have no idea... No success story yet :smile: