HELP...Dairy is grossing me out...

charley078
charley078 Posts: 48 Member
edited November 2023 in Food and Nutrition
ok, I am having a major problem with consuming dairy... eggs and milk are groosing me out all of a sudden.... I will be craving cereal, but as soon as I pour the milk in, I just throw it out.... and the smell of eggs makes me nauses.... I am thinking soy milk,but not sure what to try.... PLEASE HELP.... mom says if I don't figure somethin out soon, she is gonna call both my dr.s......

Replies

• charley078
    ok, I am having a major problem with consuming dairy... eggs and milk are groosing me out all of a sudden.... I will be craving cereal, but as soon as I pour the milk in, I just throw it out.... and the smell of eggs makes me nauses.... I am thinking soy milk,but not sure what to try.... PLEASE HELP.... mom says if I don't figure somethin out soon, she is gonna call both my dr.s......
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Maybe you should talk with your doctors if these things are just now making you ill where they weren’t before. You may need to have some blood work done to see if there is something going on that needs attention. I am not a doctor but if you were my daughter I would take you to see one soon.
    Don’t let yourself get run down. You need to be eating a well balanced diet. A well balanced healthy diet is a must.
    What are you eating that isn’t making you ill?
  • dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    here's a forward question.......could you be pregnant? Food aversions is a common sign!
  • traumarn
    traumarn Posts: 44 Member
    are you pregnant?
  • Ahhh yes I was going to ask the pregnant question as well but a couple people already beat me to it.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    :laugh: That is funny I was thinking with my third son I couldn't get near milk. I still don't get near it. But on the other subject you can try Soymilk. My peronal preference is vanilla but I also enjoy the chocolate and they have added an eggnog flavor. Very tasty and lighter than milk in taste. Hope you find the reason for the sudden change.

Good luck.

Eve
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Well if you are NOT pregnant , then it is possible that in the recent past you got food poisioning from a dairy product.
    The human body is a very interesting amazing machine. It KNOWS when something made us sick, even when we ourselves do not. And will make it next to impossible for you to eat that item for a Loooooooooooong time.
    IE: I got food poisioning from a hamburger 4 years ago. And to this day I can not even pass the butcher counter at the store without getting that erpy feeling. Not even going to metion the fast food place I got the burger from to start with. Thank goodness it was not a major one or I would not be able to go ANYWHERE!
    A post before mine said to try Soy. GOOD IDEA! it does not have the smell of dairy and you get the vits that you need from it without the erp situation that you have now.
    If however you ARE pregnant . CONGRATS!!!!!
    --Diann...
  • charley078
    ok, I am definately not preggo.... Just in the past few months I don't like it, maybe it cause eggs usually smell greasy and the whole ketchup thing, ewww, andmilk allof a sudden seems thick and slimy???? I also get sickfrom sugar too,before I couldn't stay away from sweets....
  • diannholland1965
    Ooooooh. It is a texture thing.. I get it.
    First, This is nothing new, You are not the only person that has texture issues, and you will not be the last.
    Myself, it is cottage cheese. Can not get past the look, the smell, or the feel of it. Makes me gag. :sick: I understand the ketchup thing too. Not to metion that Ketchup is LOADED with Corn syrup and not that good for you in the first place. And Chocolate milk.:sick: :sick: :sick: But there is a reason other than texture for that.
    I have a friend that can not eat a BUNCH of things because of texture, and as she got older it got worse. Or should I say selective. She can not get herself to eat...
    Sugar, Tomatoes, Ketchup, Salsa, Watermelon, Cream cheese, and these are the one that I can think of...There are more.
    Her doctor told her that it was something that she would have to live with, but to take vits to fill in for the items that she could not eat or drink. In your case. I would assume that this means that you need vit D.
    and Calcium.
    Do not forget to go to you Dr. for a check up to make sure that YOU are doing alright otherwise.
    Keep us updated :smile:
    --Diann...
  • diannholland1965
    Oh, and the sugar thing is becoming more common all the time. My Doctor says it is a sugar alergy, I get MIGRAIN headaches from refined sugar. :tongue:
    But I have gotten used to adapting to it.
    --Diann...
  • nopogal
    nopogal Posts: 162
    My sister had the same problem with eggs. Sometimes your body is trying to tell you something. Try to get your proteins and calcium from somewhere else for now, but I would probably consult a physician.
  • Silk soymilk is good. We get the plain not the vanilla. Also, Trader Joe's soymilk is nice. Maybe if you take a little break from milk you will be okay to go back to it soon. Sometimes I get burnt out/sick of yogurt but then a few weeks later, I want some. Go figure!

As for eggs I've never been a real fan. I find that scrambling them with a couple spoonfulls of salsa mixed in before cooking them gives them a new flavor and texture.
This discussion has been closed.