How Wrong I Was! 600 Days of MFP. Lotsa pics.

Replies

• Hummingbird82
    Hummingbird82 Posts: 79 Member
    I needed to read this today! THANK YOU! SO MOTIVATING AND why I have to keep on doing weight lifting. Scales dont mean sh.......! I look and feel better than ever doing weights Very inspired!
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Wow this was so inspirational! I get extremely obsessed with the scale and I'm really trying to train myself to think of the changes I see in my body instead of the number on the scale. Thank you for this!
  • ribena1958
    ribena1958 Posts: 152
    well done! you look amazing
  • macdiver
    macdiver Posts: 145 Member
    Amazing the difference while at similar weight on the scale. Congratulations.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    how YOU doin?

;)
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    You're such an inspiration!

Thank for posting your success story...:smile:
  • provence9
    provence9 Posts: 118 Member
    Not only is your story very impressive, this is one of the most informative posts that I have ever read. Thanks for sharing and taking the time to write a comprehensive post.
  • Wow, this is so inspirational - especially seeing the difference between your 130lb body when you lost weight through eating 1000 calories a day to your new 130lb body. SUCH a big difference. And I'm finally starting to understand how it was possible that I still felt fat at 140lbs. (That's as low as I ever got before piling the weight back on to my present weight of 203 over a period of 8 years).

At 140, I was so close to my goal weight. But I still looked so chubby, I could still grab handfuls of myself. I've always told myself I must have a REALLY small frame, it was the only explanation I could come up with. The truth is, I just didn't have any muscle at ALL. I got to 140 through starvation, having 500-800 calories a day, thinking it was the only way to go. I feel so silly that I didn't figure out that I looked like that because I had no muscle - ah well! I was scared to do weight training, because (like most people), I thought it would make me huge and beefy and I didn't want that! *shakes head*

I've been doing kettlebell workouts for about a month now, and I'm already starting to see changes in my body, even though I weigh 203lbs. It is SUCH a good thought to know that if I continue like this, I'll look completely different at 140lbs this time round.

Thanks for the awesome post!
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,305 Member
    great job! Outstanding
  • Avasmama2000
    Avasmama2000 Posts: 26 Member
    WOWWWW!!! What an incredible story! Thanks for the dazzling photos and inspiring story. I hope to have your awesome results one day. Your advice is perfect! :)
  • Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Bump! I've looked at your thread here before, but I didn't post, however I think your story is amazing! I have a friend that says she just can't lose weight anymore and when my friends say that I think of your story, so now i'm bumping it so I can show them how exercising and workout even if they're not losing weight can take off the inches! Your story is so inspiring and I'm hoping that someday I can post my own inspirational story.
  • WOW...you inspire me. Such a fabulous story. You've worked hard well done. And you look AMAZING. (as well as 10 yeras younger :-)
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Can I say without sounding like a weirdo... Your butt is much nicer!! LOL You look fabulous!
  • tnjackso1
    tnjackso1 Posts: 312 Member
    thanks for sharing your story!! Lots of encouragement and I thank you!
  • tigertrax3
    tigertrax3 Posts: 37 Member
    Bravo! You just explained what i've been trying to explain to myself and to others, but you said it much more eloquently. Can i add you as a friend?
  • You are beautiful and have a beautiful story. Congrats on all of your success and please know that we all aspire to have the types of NSV that you see in all of these photos. Lookin good!!
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    *clicking the 'like' button* :) x
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    WOW

Exactly what I needed today, brilliant!! :)
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Great Post and Congratulations on your success! That's amazing!
  • wingchunrick
    wingchunrick Posts: 267 Member
    Thats a great post. I dont think people understand the importance of resistance training rather than doing endless cardio. You make a great point with your pictures and look amazing. Well done x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!