How will you celebrate or reward yourself at the end?

I'm curious if people have anything planned.

I discussed it with my husband today because I had an idea but wanted to see if he agreed, and I'm pleased to say he did. If I lose 100 lbs by next September 1, I am getting a $1,000 new wardrobe budget!! All the money I would have spent on junk food will go into replacing all the clothes that will not fit next year. I am thrilled, and can't wait to see if I can make it... with all of you, I've got a much better chance, I know that.

Replies

• Anewmein2014
    Anewmein2014 Posts: 31 Member
    that is an awesome idea. I think we will all need new clothes when we are done! I think that I will reward myself with some new clothes as well!!
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Thanks. I think it's so pie-in-the-sky... I've never spent that much on clothes at one time in my life. But I know that if I put aside money every month that I would have spent on junk, I'll have the money a year from now. Just $80-100 a month and I'm there... that's about $20-25 a week, and I know I was spending that amount on foods that didn't help me at all.

One thing I want to do is pick out an outfit that I want to wear in a year... go on catalog sites and download the pics, then put them on my desktop as a background so I can look at them every day!
  • sed1217
    sed1217 Posts: 228 Member
    ^^^I do this, I save outfits in Pinterest that I want to wear once I get back into shape.

My husband and I are going to take a vacation to an all-inclusive resort next summer and I am going to wear a bikini if I can hit my weight loss goal. I've never worn a bikini in my entire life! I'm excited!
  • rnhoppe
    rnhoppe Posts: 111 Member
    My goal weight reward is a tattoo....been working for it for a long time. 100 lbs down so far 76 more to go!
  • PomegranatePriestess
    Ah, yes, a tattoo! I had that as a goal too, in the past... Maybe I will celebrate with the tattoo for the goal *after* this year... because I know I'm going to need more than a year to go all the way. :)
  • bmacholiday
    bmacholiday Posts: 296 Member
    Decided today that if I make my Phase 1 goal I'll treat myself to a spa treatment. Never done anything like that and have no idea yet what it will be, but I'm going to start looking into the local spas and decide. It will be something I really want to do and can look forward too.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Man, that is so tough to say.. I'm thinking maybe treating myself to a 1 hour massage session. We will see though, because money is tight.
  • sunnymel126
    sunnymel126 Posts: 359 Member
    After Phase 1 if I reach my goal I think I'll reward myself with a massage also. All that hard work... these muscles will need it! :smile:
  • PomegranatePriestess
    Spa treatments/massages are fantastic ideas because you deserve the pampering!!

I've come up with an idea to reward myself along the way, too:

I must be the last person on the planet who doesn't have a Pandora bracelet... and my local Pandora is doing a free bracelet event this month. So... I am going to get a bracelet and add a bead for every successful Phase of our challenge! I am a huge jewelry fan, and I know that wearing the bracelet will be a tangible reminder of how my work for my own behalf is paying off, one bead at a time! :)
  • sed1217
    sed1217 Posts: 228 Member
    Spa treatments/massages are fantastic ideas because you deserve the pampering!!

I've come up with an idea to reward myself along the way, too:

I must be the last person on the planet who doesn't have a Pandora bracelet... and my local Pandora is doing a free bracelet event this month. So... I am going to get a bracelet and add a bead for every successful Phase of our challenge! I am a huge jewelry fan, and I know that wearing the bracelet will be a tangible reminder of how my work for my own behalf is paying off, one bead at a time! :)

This is a great idea! That way you can always look down and see how much progress you've made. I'm trying to come up with a Dec 1 reward too. Maybe a new purse or a new pair of shoes.
  • BoohBaby
    BoohBaby Posts: 50 Member
    This is an excellent topic.

At the end of phase one, I am going to get a much deserved massage and spa treatment (facial etc...) At the end of the entire year to reward my self then, I am going to get another massage followed by a new tattoo, clothes shopping, pedicure and medicure and I am going to get my hair done in a style that I have never tried before.

Just by typing this alone is getting me amped up.!! I can't wait !!

Thank you everyone for your support and motivation
  • PomegranatePriestess

At the end of phase one, I am going to get a much deserved massage and spa treatment (facial etc...) At the end of the entire year to reward my self then, I am going to get another massage followed by a new tattoo, clothes shopping, pedicure and medicure and I am going to get my hair done in a style that I have never tried before.

You're welcome, BoohBaby! I think your idea sounds incredible, and I cannot wait to see your "end result" photo, with your new hairstyle and all. :)
  • mclarkin75
    mclarkin75 Posts: 51 Member
    Wow! This is hard! I will have to think about phase one. I know that my final reward will be a trip to a exotic place with my husband. Which will entail a new wardrobe including a bikini. I will also wear the dress from 2006.
  • BoohBaby
    BoohBaby Posts: 50 Member

You're welcome, BoohBaby! I think your idea sounds incredible, and I cannot wait to see your "end result" photo, with your new hairstyle and all. :)

Thank you so much. I can't wait to see everyone's results
  • ladybarometer
    ladybarometer Posts: 205 Member
    Home mani's and pedi's.
    A splurg on a higher cost healthy meal.
    New piece of clothing if I have gone down a size.
    A girls night out :)
  • PomegranatePriestess
    Home mani's and pedi's.

Those all sound great! I love the Girls Night Out idea. Wouldn't it be great if we all lived close enough to do that together at the end of this challenge? I can just imagine us renting a limo and hitting the city to go dancing at a night club in our new outfits!
  • At the end of this journey, I want to be "Bikini Ready." That means, I want to be ready to go somewhere that I can wear a bikini and have some fun (not too much fun) and enjoy life. I never take the time to enjoy life and it's slowly slipping away. So, it's time for me to kick up my heels a little bit. (Just a little bit.) :happy:
  • That would be nice if we could all get together in one year. Let's plan it now! Why don't we plan to meet somewhere during the first week of September 2013 for an Extreme Weight Loss reunion or Final weigh-in. What do you all think? Those who can't attend, perhaps we can Skpe them in. What do you think?
  • Home mani's and pedi's.

Those all sound great! I love the Girls Night Out idea. Wouldn't it be great if we all lived close enough to do that together at the end of this challenge? I can just imagine us renting a limo and hitting the city to go dancing at a night club in our new outfits!

That would be nice if we could all get together in one year. Let's plan it now! Why don't we plan to meet somewhere during the first week of September 2013 for an Extreme Weight Loss reunion or Final weigh-in. What do you all think? Those who can't attend, perhaps we can Skpe them in. What do you think?
  • PomegranatePriestess
    That would be nice if we could all get together in one year. Let's plan it now! Why don't we plan to meet somewhere during the first week of September 2013 for an Extreme Weight Loss reunion or Final weigh-in. What do you all think? Those who can't attend, perhaps we can Skpe them in. What do you think?

I think it's a possibility, but I know how expensive it can be to travel. We should talk about it more during Phase Two, when we see how many people are sticking with the challenge, where they live, where everyone would like to go, and how expensive it might be to get there. But I do agree, it would be cool, and we could also set up a virtual room for those who couldn't attend in person.