P90X

Hello everyone...I have a question about P90X...Yes I am currently 318.9, however, I borrowed P90X plyometrics and Kenp0X from a friend of mine. No I cannot get through the entire workout but, totally love Plyo, I cannot get past the Leapfrog Squat Jumps yet, 30 min in. I am burning and breathing to hard.... KenpoX is about the same time frame...

Is P90x suppose to be done in a specific order or are there specific rules to follow...I usually do P90X on MWF mornings and Lift weights and do cardio that night at the gym....I do KenpoX on TTS. I wondered if anyone could tell me the effectiveness....My HR during plyo is usually 128-155? I wear a HRM during workouts but unfortunately it does not count calories as well...I have been using the P90X calorie counter webpage for an estimate always putting the level at low so that I might not over shoot the calories...(i really need to invest in a HRM with the calorie count, any good cheap suggestion)...I use the HRM and the treadmill while at the gym doing cardio...

If you would like to check my diary it is open...i feel pretty stupid asking these questions but would love some positive feedback please

Replies

• Don't feel stupid for asking questions! The only stupid question is one not asked! And this is a great community for getting your questions answered.

Unfortunately I can't help you, but if you're just wondering the order you can check the workout calendar for the program online. just google P90X.

What kind of HRM are you using? a chest one works best. Your HR seems low.
  • Plyometrics is a brutally tough cardio workout, but I love it as well! It should NOT be done by someone just starting out, in my opinion. P90X also has a Cardio CD that is less demanding then Plyometrics. And yes, there is a VERY specific schedule you are to follow when doing P90X. Basically, the program takes you through 90 days and combines weights, cardio, stretching, etc. I have been on it for 30 days now and I have dropped 10 pounds and can see significant muscle growth. But, I was already in shape, and simply wanted a challenge.

Again, the entire P90X program is not one to jump into until you you are at a certain ability level. It is mostly pull up, push ups, and other old school yet hard core and demanding exercises. For example, my heart rate is around 170 non-stop when doing Plyo! I strongly encourage you to check out the website beachbody.com. This is where they promote all of there workouts, and there could be a better one for you then P90X based on where you are and what you want to achieve. Good luck, and keep up the good work!
  • AngelaJordan712
    AngelaJordan712 Posts: 105 Member
    Don't feel stupid for asking questions! The only stupid question is one not asked! And this is a great community for getting your questions answered.

Unfortunately I can't help you, but if you're just wondering the order you can check the workout calendar for the program online. just google P90X.

What kind of HRM are you using? a chest one works best. Your HR seems low.

Pyle Sports PHRM40 with wrist watch and chest strap...I know the last time I checked my target heart rate should be around 138 for weight loss...or be between 130-158...I could be wrong....Thanks for helping and I will look at the P90x plan on line.
  • TaraDeNucci
    TaraDeNucci Posts: 17 Member
    Hi! here is the schedule:

Weeks 1-3

Day 1: Chest & Back, with Ab Ripper-X
    Day 2: Plyometrics
    Day 3: Shoulders & Arms, with Ab Ripper-X
    Day 4: Yoga-X
    Day 5: Legs & Back, with Ab Ripper-X
    Day 6: Kenpo-X
    Day 7: Rest or X-Stretch

Week 4 (Recovery Week)

Day 1: Yoga-X
    Day 2: Core Synergistics
    Day 3: Kenpo-X
    Day 4: X-Stretch
    Day 5: Core Synergistics
    Day 6: Yoga-X again

This week is very important to follow. The whole key to the p90x workout plan is muscle confusion. This week gives your muscles a chance to relax before you confuse them even more with the upcoming weeks.

Weeks 5-7

Day 1: Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps with Ab Ripper-X
    Day 2: Plyometics
    Day 3: Back & Biceps with Ab Ripper-X
    Day 5: Legs & Back with Ab Ripper-X

Week 8 (Recovery Week)

Day 6: Yoga-X

Weeks 9 and 11

Day 1: Chest & Back with Ab Ripper-X
    Day 3: Shoulders & Arms with Ab Ripper-X

Weeks 10 and 12

Day 1: Chest, Shoulders & Triceps with Ab Ripper-X

Week 13 (Recovery Week/Last Week of P90X!)

• TaraDeNucci
    Oh, and don't be scared of it. It IS hard, but you can follow the schedule and still modify it to your fitness level. You will see amazing results whether you can do it all 100% or not.

As Tony says - Do your best and forget the rest!
  • jeolds
    jeolds Posts: 104 Member

Weeks 1-3

Week 4 (Recovery Week)

This week is very important to follow. The whole key to the p90x workout plan is muscle confusion. This week gives your muscles a chance to relax before you confuse them even more with the upcoming weeks.

Weeks 5-7

Week 8 (Recovery Week)

Weeks 9 and 11

Weeks 10 and 12

That is the standard. There is also a lean and doubles version. If you are starting and pretty out of shape, do the lean version. The Yoga and X-Stretch are important as it helps your muscles recover and strengthen so don't dismiss them.

The lean worksheets are here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/18395656/P90X-Lean-Worksheets

If you want an Excel that includes the lean schedule and tracks progress, someone on the Teambeachbody forums posted one here: http://teambeachbody.com/c/document_library/get_file?uuid=fd0cf124-018d-41cd-b0f5-01b027ca98db&groupId=10137

Get the diet plan as well. It starts off very low carb and high protein with a lot of foods intended to start to cleanse your system and works back into carbs as the intensity increases. Once you are done with lean you could start over with the classic version then.
  • AngelaJordan712

Weeks 1-3

Week 4 (Recovery Week)

Weeks 5-7

Week 8 (Recovery Week)

Weeks 9 and 11

Weeks 10 and 12

That is the standard. There is also a lean and doubles version. If you are starting and pretty out of shape, do the lean version. The Yoga and X-Stretch are important as it helps your muscles recover and strengthen so don't dismiss them.

The lean worksheets are here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/18395656/P90X-Lean-Worksheets

If you want an Excel that includes the lean schedule and tracks progress, someone on the Teambeachbody forums posted one here: http://teambeachbody.com/c/document_library/get_file?uuid=fd0cf124-018d-41cd-b0f5-01b027ca98db&groupId=10137

Get the diet plan as well. It starts off very low carb and high protein with a lot of foods intended to start to cleanse your system and works back into carbs as the intensity increases. Once you are done with lean you could start over with the classic version then.

Thanks Tara, my Fierce friend and JeOlds...I will have to get the rest from her if she will part with Ab ripper which I really want....
  • TaraDeNucci
    Ab Ripper - I hate it but I LOVE it!
  • savlov30
    savlov30 Posts: 233 Member
    I have a support group on FB for p90x user. I am doing a hybrid of P90x/Insanity. I am on week 10. Love it. I have 2 more weeks and then it is off to Asylum. I can answer any questions on P90x if you like. Message me or join my group at The link is https://www.facebook.com/groups/1815393619

Julianne
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Plyometrics is a brutally tough cardio workout, but I love it as well! It should NOT be done by someone just starting out, in my opinion. P90X also has a Cardio CD that is less demanding then Plyometrics. And yes, there is a VERY specific schedule you are to follow when doing P90X. Basically, the program takes you through 90 days and combines weights, cardio, stretching, etc. I have been on it for 30 days now and I have dropped 10 pounds and can see significant muscle growth. But, I was already in shape, and simply wanted a challenge.

Again, the entire P90X program is not one to jump into until you you are at a certain ability level. It is mostly pull up, push ups, and other old school yet hard core and demanding exercises. For example, my heart rate is around 170 non-stop when doing Plyo! I strongly encourage you to check out the website beachbody.com. This is where they promote all of there workouts, and there could be a better one for you then P90X based on where you are and what you want to achieve. Good luck, and keep up the good work!
    Oh, and don't be scared of it. It IS hard, but you can follow the schedule and still modify it to your fitness level. You will see amazing results whether you can do it all 100% or not.

Agreed! Don't let someone try to tell you that you are "too big/unfit" to take P90X on. All you have to do is go to youtube.com and search P90x results to see the amazing results that all people achieve from this workout. It is absolutely amazing! I love P90x!
  • AngelaJordan712
    Plyometrics is a brutally tough cardio workout, but I love it as well! It should NOT be done by someone just starting out, in my opinion. P90X also has a Cardio CD that is less demanding then Plyometrics. And yes, there is a VERY specific schedule you are to follow when doing P90X. Basically, the program takes you through 90 days and combines weights, cardio, stretching, etc. I have been on it for 30 days now and I have dropped 10 pounds and can see significant muscle growth. But, I was already in shape, and simply wanted a challenge.

Agreed! Don't let someone try to tell you that you are "too big/unfit" to take P90X on. All you have to do is go to youtube.com and search P90x results to see the amazing results that all people achieve from this workout. It is absolutely amazing! I love P90x!

Thank you, I was not going to be bummed out by certain remarks...I use to power lift...I can squat well over 400 to this day, I dont back down to easy...I was looking for positive feedback.
  • JackieLM
    JackieLM Posts: 127 Member
    I have a Polar FT4.... I love it. It wasn't too expensive. I think it was 70 or so. I know that might seem kinda expensive but it is a great investment in this journey you are on. Once you get it, you will hate to work out without it. Good luck on your journey. Add me if you would like.. you can never have too much support.

Blessings!