Question about 5k

Is there a website that lists 5ks in your area? And how do you know if you can walk them or not? I am not interested in running them yet (someday I will run one) but would love to walk some. I have done a few "fund raiser" ones for breast cancer and domestic abuse but those ones clearly stated you can walk.

Thanks!

Replies

• www.coolruning.com - I've included the link.

http://coolrunning.com/engine/1/index.shtml
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    unless they have a time requirement you can walk any race. :) You won't be the only one either.
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    I find a lot of local races (or ones nearby) using www.active.com
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Every 5k I've ever seen allows walkers. Most websites will say that you have to finish the race in a certain time, and if you figure it out, it's usually a walking pace. Most races that don't want you to walk are longer.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    What area? I use raceberryjam.com That shows me all races in MN and most of WI.
  • do people walk in the color run? ... they look fun but I am not at the point where I can run 3 miles yet
  • I'm in the tri-state area ... thanks for all the websites I found a few! :)
  • do people walk in the color run? ... they look fun but I am not at the point where I can run 3 miles yet
    Yes people walk in the color run. I did a walk/run pace when I did it.

Yay! Thanks ... now I gotta sucker a friend to come along with me LOL ... they look like sucha blast !!
    Yay! Thanks ... now I gotta sucker a friend to come along with me LOL ... they look like sucha blast !!
    Do it! :D

It so was. Already planning on doing it and Color me Rad next year.
  • www.athleteguild.com
  • fabfindz05
    fabfindz05 Posts: 92 Member
    unless they have a time requirement you can walk any race. :) You won't be the only one either.

You can walk even if there is a time requirement. I know a few people that walk half marathons and finish within the time limit.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member

this site's awesome!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Check google and facebook. There's a couple of different running groups in my area (Northeast PA) that have their own sites and FB pages, and are more comprehensive than national sites.