fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    I prefer to call it Shark Week than TOM though, TBH

Thats what my husband calls it lol..
  • chunkylover22
    chunkylover22 Posts: 162 Member
    AMEN!
  • Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    TOM causes me to become bloated which stalls my weight loss but it all comes off in the end. I do tend to be hungrier during TOM but I still choose what I eat to fill that hunger. :)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Stop making women seem pathetic and incapable of rational thought.

omg that was so hot
  • LALOCHA34
    LALOCHA34 Posts: 340 Member
    This thread severely pisses me off. Mostly because I am totally *****y and PMSsing today and just ate a piece of cake that I normally would have easily been able to resist.

Eff everyone.

Off with YOUR HEAD!! LOL :flowerforyou:

Geesh, some women are so cranky..maybe they should give in to a cinnabun once a month now and again.

OP, if you have friends that bother you so much, delete them.

I only blame TOM for the torture he causes to my body, I swear my boobs will eat my face one day! :tongue:
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Why does it bother anybody that other women give in to cravings or even blame it on their period? You know your body better than I know your body, and I know my body better than you know my body.

I don't really suffer from cravings, except for some tasty red meat. However, it does tick me off when others jump on women for toning down their activity level. If I exercise at my normal level, I vomit or faint. So, I'm just going to stick for what works for me and doesn't end up with me retching at the park. You stick with what works for you! :drinker:

• On a side note, where are you finding tampons for $4, they're like $7 here. lol

Bahahah, I get the generic CVS ones. Or shop at Costco/BJs/Sam's Club and stock up for, like, the year.

I thought the same thing! They are $8.99 here...
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Whaaaaaaat? Well who am I supposed to blame now? I cant blame myself, that would just be silly. Maybe its because I dont use tampons, I use the cup. Therefore, I can take that $4-$10 most women spend on tampons and use it on CHOCOLATE!!!
  • hellohappylisa
    hellohappylisa Posts: 141 Member
    Some people just need an excuse to pig out. If they just ate in moderation instead of starving themselves of the foods they like, they wouldn't need to.

People are freaking stuuuupid and people who over-eat clearly constantly do not want to lose weight badly enough.

Also...Yeah, $4 tampons, haven't seen those. More like $8!
  • Jen_Edwards
    Jen_Edwards Posts: 14 Member
    My best weeks are usually when I'm on TOM
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Whaaaaaaat? Well who am I supposed to blame now? I cant blame myself, that would just be silly. Maybe its because I dont use tampons, I use the cup. Therefore, I can take that $4-$10 most women spend on tampons and use it on CHOCOLATE!!!

Yeah for the chocolate!! lol love it!
  • Some people just need an excuse to pig out. If they just ate in moderation instead of starving themselves of the foods they like, they wouldn't need to.

People are freaking stuuuupid and people who over-eat clearly constantly do not want to lose weight badly enough.

Your avatar is creeping me out... :frown:
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Why does it bother anybody that other women give in to cravings or even blame it on their period? You know your body better than I know your body, and I know my body better than you know my body.

I don't really suffer from cravings, except for some tasty red meat. However, it does tick me off when others jump on women for toning down their activity level. If I exercise at my normal level, I vomit or faint. So, I'm just going to stick for what works for me and doesn't end up with me retching at the park. You stick with what works for you! :drinker:

Exactly, I vomit almost every month on day 1 and I have fainted during my period on several occasions. so no I never work out on the first day because getting out the bed is a challenge unless I am drugged up on Ibuprofen . If you have a mild period, consider yourself lucky. But don't think that every woman is sharing your experiences.
  • jjangula
    jjangula Posts: 10 Member
    hahahaha!
  • ziggyc
    ziggyc Posts: 191 Member
    Wow. Some of you ladies...

I think some of us need to look up at the name of this website and be a "pal". Quit bullying, judging, generalizing, and trying to look more badass than the next girl. It's really not as impressive as you seem to think it is.
  • kellison89
    kellison89 Posts: 33 Member
    When I get the "give me a vat of chocolate" I get a skinny cow and call it a night. It shuts up my chocolate cravings and I live to see another day.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    I don't know who this TOM guy is, but he sounds like a real douche.

He is.

I don't blame ToM for any choices I make, but I do make flippant comments like "my period ate a Hershey's bar." At least to me, it's not taking the blame off of me, but a humorous explanation of the fact that I craved a candy bar and ate it. In fact, it wasn't until this thread that I even thought it would be construed as me thinking I don't have control of my actions. Maybe I'll be more conscious of this in the future so people don't think I'm trying to pass off blame. I don't need an excuse or guilt for a candy bar. I don't deprive myself and I don't even consider having a candy bar to be a bad thing. If it didn't leave me hungry or over cals, I'd do it often.

One thing I can't stand is that my lab is mostly male, and the other female will say things like "I couldn't go to work because of... well, you know." I have awful cramps. Sometimes I can't stand. But the minute I can stand again I'm at work because ToM is not a valid excuse to not come to work unless you are physically incapable. And then, you should have some sort of pain relief sorted out by this age, with a doctor's advice if necessary. Sometimes I have to wake up early so meds will kick in so I can get to work on time. My coworker just needs to woman up.
  • LALOCHA34
    LALOCHA34 Posts: 340 Member
    Some people just need an excuse to pig out. If they just ate in moderation instead of starving themselves of the foods they like, they wouldn't need to.

Your avatar is creeping me out... :frown:
    THIS^
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member

Exactly, I vomit almost every month on day 1 and I have fainted during my period on several occasions. so no I never work out on the first day because getting out the bed is a challenge unless I am drugged up on Ibuprofen . If you have a mild period, consider yourself lucky. But don't think that every woman is sharing your experiences.

This sounds severe...Have you talked to your doctor/OB about this? GOod luck to you!
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Calling people you don't know stupid is not cool.

Calm down. :drinker: