I need new shoes!

Hardy ones. Ones with great arch support that can handle running, jumping, and lots of fast lateral movement. I dont care if they weigh 10+lbs or not even 1. i dont care about color. i wear a size US 5.5. Ive tried sketchers (hurt like hell), sauconys (felt great, fell apart), adidas (not enough support, broke my foot).

What shoes do YOU recommend?

Replies

• I also am in need of some new trainers , and have only had experience of wearing Nikes (Vomero series which I found to be fairly good) . But I've been told that asics are the best out there (although are the priciest) . To find a shoe which will be right for you go on: http://www.sportsshoes.com/support/Running_Shoes_Advice . Best option is to see if you have a running shop nearby so they can check it properly.

Then either try the model in a nearby store to see if you like it ?
  • lbaileyjohannsen
    lbaileyjohannsen Posts: 133 Member
    Merrells and Keens both have great support and are very sturdy. I highly recommend them for physical activity.
  • Bump
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    I would suggest going to a good running store and getting fitted and having them recommend something for you. I run and work out in Asics and Saucony and I love them both, but if those don't work for you, a professional store can probably give you some suggestions of shoes that will be best for what you do.

It's not just the brand of shoe that matters, but the model as well. I bought some New Balance once just because they were cheap and cute and they KILLED my shins and knees. But it's just because I didn't pay attention and they were very low support shoes. The model of shoe I wear in Asics (2170s) and Saucony (Hurricane 14s) are high support/high cushion shoes, and along with that it's taken me a good long while to wear them down.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Alright, ill check those out. there arent any running stores around here unfortunately, so my best bet will probably be to try EVERYTHING the store has in my size.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Have you ever tried a minimalist shoe?
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    I had the same problem. I have Sketchers and my feet hurt like hell. I went to a local shoe store and they had me stand on one foot then the other, tested my balance, had me jog in place for a few, and try on a few different types of shoes. They then recommended the ASICS Women's Gel Neo33. They are very comfortable. Weird thing is they told me that most people wear one size for regular everyday shoes and a different size running shoes. They were right. My regular size is 6 1/2 but in these shoes I wear a 7 1/2. Only complaint I have about these shoes is the shoelaces are a bit short but you can always buy a cheap pair of shoelaces to replace the ones that come with 'em. Amazon.com has them for way cheaper than anyone else. Most places charge $104-$109 and Amazon.com has them for $79
  • Newbody72
    Newbody72 Posts: 30 Member
    I've been wearing Reebok Realflex and I wear them for everything. They are light and so far I have no pain. Also they are comfy and I am a heavier person son comfort is a must.
  • kimberly_grubbs
    kimberly_grubbs Posts: 70 Member
    i loveeee new balance shoes. i started with the revlites which made a huge difference for my running as they were so much lighter than my previous shoes. now i have the new balance minimus 1010 - super comfortable and dry out quick if training in the rain.
  • tumblyweed
    tumblyweed Posts: 416 Member
    Ryka athletic shoes are made specifically for women, how we are built and our gait. I also have flat feet, but these feel great. You can check out their website at: www.ryka.com

I would go to a good shop and get fitted. Most decent shops carry them but for now, they are my shoe of choice.
  • I just wore out a pair of sauconys, they have logged many many miles, races, every type of class possible at the gym, and just now became uncomfortable. The were so beat up I looked homeless! I have wider feet, but not so wide that I need a wide shoe, and that makes Nike's out of the question. Yesterday I got a great new pair of shoes, Asics Gel Phoenix 3. I love them! I didn't give a darn what color they were, but I happily ened up with the white/lightning/pink ones. That color was also marked down to 34.99, well below what I was expecting to pay for new shoes. I did need to go up half a size though for toe room. They have good reviews online, it might be worth looking around and seeing if you can get them cheaper in your area though...
  • zechks
    zechks Posts: 224
    Hardy ones. Ones with great arch support that can handle running, jumping, and lots of fast lateral movement. I dont care if they weigh 10+lbs or not even 1. i dont care about color. i wear a size US 5.5. Ive tried sketchers (hurt like hell), sauconys (felt great, fell apart), adidas (not enough support, broke my foot).

What shoes do YOU recommend?

Women's Nike LunarGlide 4. Or nike free

I like the men's. Good support and very light. Nice colors too. Look it up and see if you like it. :)
  • lmeslie
    lmeslie Posts: 46 Member
    I love my Nike Air Vomero+ running shoes and I was looking for the same characteristics in shoes.
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    I've found Merrells to be the best. They are pricy but worth it - they're sturdy and comfortable. I can walk for miles and miles in them and my feet never hurt. I don't run, so I have their walking shoes, but they do running shoes too.
  • Capekj51
    Capekj51 Posts: 17 Member
    I recommend going to a shoe specialty store with a certified orthopedist on hand. They can help you find the right shoe for you, because everyone's shoe needs are different. As for me, I LOVE my Asics and rarely stray away from them. But that's just me (and that's what the orthopedist fitted me with!). :) Good luck!