PDA - Public Display of Affection

CrossFitBeast
CrossFitBeast Posts: 320 Member
There's a time and a place for everything. Many are of the opinion this also applies to Public Displays of Affection. How about yourselves? Are you a supporter/participant or against this? Is this only to be done in the privacy of your home, etc?

Favor
yhxJdy

Opposed
duMJqZ

Speaking for myself, I'm in favor so long as I'm not with a group of friends that I personally know. If the chemistry is there, I'm all about claiming the moment...

Replies

• ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    depends on the amount of alcohol consumed and where we're at. sitting in a restaurant or something, not so much. on the street or in a bar/club, i'm all for it.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Public displays of affection? Fine.

Public displays of lust? Not always appropriate. An assgrab while at a club is ok. An assgrab at a funeral is not.
  • PDA is for me, you, your neighbor, his momma, the gal at QT....you must not get any...we ALL get it when and where we can...Sex rules....you droll....
  • Public displays of affection? Fine.

Public displays of lust? Not always appropriate. An assgrab while at a club is ok. An assgrab at a funeral is not.

LOL
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Thumbs up for PDA! :-)
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member

Classy response, Like button please.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    I love it when people have sex in front of me in line at Starbucks. Makes my morning.

How bout I have sex WITH you at Starbucks? Would that be better?

I'll meet YOU at the cream and sugar counter, hott stuff.
    I'm already there, baby.
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Ugh I hate some PDA.

Sure I hug my fiance and give little pecks when they are due, but I'm not shoving my tongue down his throat in a busy Finding Nemo line at Disneyland with thousands of 4-12 year olds staring at me.

It is appropriate in small doses and in the correct environment.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    My best friend cuddling up to her husband and giving him a kiss when we're all having dinner together? Fine. I can do the same with my husband and no one raises an eyebrow.
    The teenagers making out and groping each other in the middle of a pet store? Not so much.

My friend is in a loving relationship. Giving her husband a smooch is just showing affection. That's it. The teenagers practically undressing each other are doing it to show off. It's a way to get attention. It's a sign of insecurity and kind of pathetic. And gross. And immature.
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    PDA is good- unless you are ugly. <I'm kidding>

Time and place for everything. Use some common sense- if there is young children around keep it PG.
  • karawRN
    karawRN Posts: 311

this.
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    getting it started in public is fine with me but at the point you start to get horizontal you need to find a room. i'm just saying.
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    I don't care about other peoples, however i don't like to. Let me get you home first
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    I'm all for it as long as it's not "allover each other" type of displaying. My bf is too as long as his friends aren't around. They tease each other all the time about that type of stuff.
  • getting it started in public is fine with me but at the point you start to get horizontal you need to find a room. i'm just saying.

When and where? I'll book it STAT! I'm
    Just sayin'
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Remember Phoebe's* little brother, Frank Jr. and his teacher/wife? Spot on example of PDA gone wrong...

A kiss, holding hands, sitting close together... all fine. Groping and moaning in a hospital waiting room... not so much.

(* "Friends" reference)
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member

Agreed. ...Better not be MY *kitten* that gets grabbed at a club, someone touches me w/o permission I will END YOU. :angry:
  • jerbear67
    jerbear67 Posts: 247 Member
    Public displays of affection - not okay with as of now because it's not equal across the board. When my brother kisses, hold hands or hugs my sister in-law in public people would go aww. When I do that will my same sex date, people go EWW, GROSS.

I fully agree with this across the board for anyone >>> Public displays of lust? Not always appropriate. An assgrab while at a club is ok. An assgrab at a funeral is not.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    getting it started in public is fine with me but at the point you start to get horizontal you need to find a room. i'm just saying.

Yup...the problem is, people disagree on where the "time to get a room" line is.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member

Yup...the problem is, people disagree on where the "time to get a room" line is.
    Insertion. Of anything.