I'm back!

I left JUDDDing for a bit and i'm back : )

Well i only gave eating 1200 cal's a go for a week, lost a pound but hated every minute of counting everything! i have 3 kids and just can't do it without feeling its taking over my life!

I also can't believe how much i missed doing the alternate day thing, which shows me its not a diet and a way of life for me, i felt like crap coming off it,didn't enjoy food, felt moody and i just really missed it.

I mainly gave it up for a bit as a i was fasting on down days and i have 3 young daughters and was worried about them seeing me not eat and picking up an unhealthy attitude to food, but i have decided to do it properly and eat the 500 cal's on down days then this is not an issue.

I can't wait to get back into this, and i'm really glad to see the group has grown loads : ) so we can all share our progress , how are you all doing ? x

Replies

• maidofstone
    maidofstone Posts: 62 Member
    Who's still on board and how is everyone doing? x
  • sicchi
    sicchi Posts: 189 Member
    Welcome back! I find hiding my WOE pretty simple, my fiance doesn't even know.. down days I just eat dinner, he has no idea, lol.... so far so good for me
    I am officially weighing in tomorrow so im excited! Know i am down ay least a couple of pounds. Calorie counting day to day does suck and this way you do get to enjoy foods you crave without guilt. Good luck on take 2!
  • mermer45
    mermer45 Posts: 77 Member
    Still here and about to start my 7th week. Weekend has been a little over the top.... over indulged from too many social engagements...but back tomorrow and almost looking toward to it. It's working for me at the moment.
  • mermer45
    mermer45 Posts: 77 Member
    Welcome back! I find hiding my WOE pretty simple, my fiance doesn't even know.. down days I just eat dinner, he has no idea, lol.... so far so good for me
    I am officially weighing in tomorrow so im excited! Know i am down ay least a couple of pounds. Calorie counting day to day does suck and this way you do get to enjoy foods you crave without guilt. Good luck on take 2!

I've given up calorie counting on up days...I just eat normally and try to make sure I eat healthily and don't over indulge. (except the ocassional weekend blip).... I feel that if I calorie count I'll start worrying too much about my diet on the up days....isnt the whole point of this diet that on up days you don't need to worry ( within limits)?
  • kiwit22
    kiwit22 Posts: 14 Member
    My problem (and I why I have been overweight for most my life) is that I don't eat to satisfy hunger. I eat cause I'm bored, or watching the rugby or its raining or I'm sad or I'm happy.

I am getting better but need to keep my focus which is why I'm back to counting on up days. Nothing to strict more (hopefully) a mental habit formatting exercise.
  • maidofstone
    maidofstone Posts: 62 Member
    I've given up calorie counting on up days...I just eat normally and try to make sure I eat healthily and don't over indulge. (except the ocassional weekend blip).... I feel that if I calorie count I'll start worrying too much about my diet on the up days....isnt the whole point of this diet that on up days you don't need to worry ( within limits)?
    [/quote]

Hi,

Glad it is working for you : ) i agree with the not calorie counting on up days, i think if you binge eat and thats a problem then its probably best to count at first until you get used to knowing your limits, when i first did this and was most successful, i didn't count on up days , like you i just ate healthy and made sure i didn't go way over the top,

Good luck xx
  • keeldrum
    keeldrum Posts: 30 Member
    Great to have you back! Remember to keep in touch. We're all in it together.
  • cici52
    cici52 Posts: 34 Member
    Glad you are here.
    RE counting: I do it for future reference. If I stop losing, I can go back and evaluate honestly.